09:31 Sun 30 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
How is beckham overrated.maybe overpaid

Edited at 15:31 Sun 30/12/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Sun 30 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User said:
Craig Gordon (Sunderland Keeper) Never worth £9million

I gotta agree with you there. For a scottish international goalkeeper he sure does make a lot of mistakes. For example, we were on course to beat Newcastle when he let a silly cross in.

Never worth £9million and I can guarentee it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:07 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
splinter_c said:
How is beckham overrated.maybe overpaid

Edited at 15:31 Sun 30/12/07 (GMT)

He can create a nice free kick! wow! so can aaron lennon and he can score and cut inside the box!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:08 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
sean_paul said:
For example, we were on course to beat Newcastle when he let a silly cross in.

Nahhh...Was a precision shot from a fantastic player! If you stuck Peter Cech and Shay Given in that goal they still wouldn't have stopped it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:29 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
aaron lennon is not great at crossing a ball.He is no were near in beckhams class. But i will agree beckham is overated.The only player that can match david beckham is david bently, he is his natural successer.

Edited at 12:32 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:39 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
splinter_c said:
aaron lennon is not great at crossing a ball.He is no were near in beckhams class. But i will agree beckham is overated.The only player that can match david beckham is david bently, he is his natural successer.

Edited at 12:32 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)

David Bentley!? jeesh! lets see in 5 to 10 years time where Mr Bentley is! *cough* *cough* *reserve at charlton*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:28 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
bentley is a quality player.Maybe you and some other people dont see that because he does not play for a huge team.

Edited at 13:30 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:41 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well if he is so good maybe he should play for a better team, couldn't get in the man u, arsenal, chelski or liverpool squad! nice bench warmer though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:13 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
He's better than Pennant & Wright-Phillips, 2 right wingers for the 'Big 4'... Agree with Splinter on this, Beckham's successor in my opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:21 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
jeesh! He plays for blackburn! he doesnt even play for England senior sqaud only the under 21's!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:04 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
So what if he plays for Blackburn, it doesn't make him a bad player. Does that mean that Santa Cruz is a bad player? Because he plays for Blackburn.

Is Dimitmar Berbatov a bad player because he plays for Spurs?- A team in the bottom half of the league.

You don't have to play for one of the 'Big 4' to be a good player.

Also, does that mean that all players that play for a big 4 team are good players? Afterall, going by what you think, the team someone plays for determines if the player is good or not...

Edited at 18:15 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:00 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
there are some top quality players outside the top4 some of which are better than some players playing for the big 4

bently.santa cruz,berbatov,defoe,jenas,arteta,cahill,lescott,utaka,muntari(i think thats how its spelt)agbonlahor,young the list can go on
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:13 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
well said toontomh and tin.You no your football.

Edited at 18:13 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bentley will get in any of the big four now and would play every week. He has the potential to be even better than Beckham because he has a great left foot. He is the reason for Santa Cruz's goalscoring form. He will be in Capello's first squad but may not play because it would be Beckham's 100 cap. Before the end of the season he will be England's number 7; no doubt.

As for the most overated player, for me it must be Ashton who was the reason for the increase in turkey prices this year. At that rate they will be extinct by next Christmas. Also Dawson and Huntelaar.

Edited at 21:04 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:34 Tue 1 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
personally i think its unfair to call huntelaar OVER-RATED hes a superb player hense the reason alot of big teams are looking closely at him he reminds me of Van.Persie but every1 has there own oppinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:38 Wed 2 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
tin said:
personally i think its unfair to call huntelaar OVER-RATED hes a superb player hense the reason alot of big teams are looking closely at him he reminds me of Van.Persie but every1 has there own oppinion

I agree that he has the potential to be a top striker but at the moment i do not think he has proved anything compared to his name. He has not had his chance yet so has poroved nothing at the top level. Players from dutch leagues can go two ways, the ruud way or the kezman way and he is not yet a ruud.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:41 Wed 2 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
1.lampard
2.torres
3.adebayor
4.adriano
5.shevchenko
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Wed 2 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
world_class_ said:
1.lampard
2.torres
3.adebayor
4.adriano
5.shevchenko

please mate am sorry but how i torres,lampard and adebayor all score goals which is really what they are there for ? correct me if im wrong
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:09 Wed 2 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
toontomh said:
So what if he plays for Blackburn, it doesn't make him a bad player. Does that mean that Santa Cruz is a bad player? Because he plays for Blackburn.

Is Dimitmar Berbatov a bad player because he plays for Spurs?- A team in the bottom half of the league.

You don't have to play for one of the 'Big 4' to be a good player.

Also, does that mean that all players that play for a big 4 team are good players? Afterall, going by what you think, the team someone plays for determines if the player is good or not...

Edited at 18:15 Tue 1/01/08 (GMT)

Your taking it out of context i meant to say that if he is so good why hasn't he been snapped up by one of the big four? Surely the true greats are at the better clubs at a young age
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:22 Wed 2 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
He was at a big club "Arsenal" but he was not getting the chance to show is class so "he" chose to leave Arsenal to join Blackburn were he has turned out to be 1 of the best right wingers in the EPL and also the best english prospect.
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Most Overrated Footballers!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.