usa got there 100th overall medal today
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:42 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah close but russia wont catch up, usa keep beating them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:29 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Just watched the DeGale middleweight fight against the Irishman. The scoring throughout this competition has been stupid - luckily I think the right person won but both these lads were landing strong jabs and body shots and recieveing no score. I think with the way they both boxed it would of been a high score too. So many fights I've seen now where the shots are landing but the points ain't coming!

Also just watched the Canoe man - that must burn the ol' arm muscles. Done a bit of kayacking myself and on calm waters it's still tough.........

God bless the BBC iPlayer. You can watch the Olympics live whilst at work!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:32 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
woo!! eye not missing out, but did he on the horseys?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
ooo thats bolt 3gold 3 WR inpressive stuff for the relay
_alex19933_
_alex19933_
10:18 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
russia 1 gold behind i can hardly watch lol

1_eye boxing medals better kick in snoon lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:19 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
they wont they dropping like flies now going for bronze
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:16 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Belgium finally got a medal, yey

Womens' 4x100 relay, Silver

Not far off the Gold, but oh well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:48 Fri 22 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lol
mufc2008
mufc2008
05:16 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
any1 watch the kaetwondo this morning?
the chinese cheated cuz we clearly got head shot
or how ever it spelt
yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
great britain appealed so they gave the win to us

Edited at 10:18 Sat 23/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:22 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
woo we're in 4th now tho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:30 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Still the best in Europe!

No shame in finishing behind those that we're behind!

Just waiting for the boxing final - hoping it won't interfere with me Formula 1!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:27 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lol
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:44 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
That's been coming for some time - if not in the boxing then in taekwondo!

Just goes to show what the mockery of the scoring and judical system has on these sportsmen......... life time ban for him!

Looks like we finish 4th - not a bad Olympics. Much work to be done on track and field for 2012 - lets hope people are given the money to improve. However when children are being arrested for playing footy on the streets it doesn't give you much hope.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:09 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
not really lol, need more facilities for young kids theres a few but by no means enough and instead of given them a area to go should incorage them into the sporting way, im sure the knife crimes in london would stop if they did fencing!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well fourth it is, very well done Great Britain, a little disappointed we didn't hold out the Russians to be the best of the rest, and Europe, but still very well done.
James Degale was quality today, nerve racking last round and a scrappy fight, but very well done, British boxing deserved that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:46 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
very much so, unfortunate in bmxing,taekwondo which could've been another 2golds, and in the mountain biking one of our lads finished 7th when he fell off and at one point was at 34th
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:00 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
He was 48th at one point (mounting biking) and we are the best in Europe as Russia isn't a part of Europe.......

I think you've hit the nail on the head Matt - not to bring politics into a sporting thread but this whole obesity thing started when the Tories and THAT women (Thatcher) took away milk and started selling school fields. Labour have done the same by selling school fields and letting councils erect signs which condemn the playing of sport, even to the point of arresting children who play in the street.

I've actually been threatened with arrest before for standing my ground and refusing to stop playing footy on a big green. I was 19 and having a kick around with my two younger brothers and other mates when a policeman told me I wasn't allowed and he'd receieved a complaint. This went on for an hour - I told him he'd have to arrest me; luckily for him my mum came and told me to go home and to leave the silly beggers to it........

The problem is easily resolved - let children play sport!! Bring back the greens!!!!
keoghz
keoghz
17:21 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Olympics - Beijing 2008

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.