Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
__matt__ said:
not really lol, need more facilities for young kids theres a few but by no means enough and instead of given them a area to go should incorage them into the sporting way, im sure the knife crimes in london would stop if they did fencing!!!

You'd need more than fencing to stop knife crime in Glasgow
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Sat 23 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought the Russians were European, 1_eye. They play in all European championships, football and athletics. I've had a look at European countries and they do not have Russia registered *Confused*
You Learn something new everyday. How come they play in all those Championships though, do you know the reason?
Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol yeah whys that ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:37 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
He was 48th at one point (mounting biking) and we are the best in Europe as Russia isn't a part of Europe.......

I think you've hit the nail on the head Matt -

I've actually been threatened with arrest before for standing my ground and refusing to stop playing footy on a big green. I was 19 and having a kick around with my two younger brothers and other mates when a policeman told me I wasn't allowed and he'd receieved a complaint. This went on for an hour - I told him he'd have to arrest me; luckily for him my mum came and told me to go home and to leave the silly beggers to it........

couldnt quote you

i know im clever apart from spelling

id have told him to go do one as if there are no signs around stopping you then its not an offence

should've just given name and adress then walked off i do it all the time as thats all you have to give unless they arrest you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:38 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
pro_i_am said:
Lol yeah whys that ?

b'cos their weird
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:13 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol ok.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:33 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Belgium finished with 1 Gold and 1 Silver

Our Silver was from the Women's Relay 4x100, and we received a Gold on the last day from the Women's High Jump.

It's so good to have avoided ending with 0 Medals shame our football team ended 4th though
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
15:52 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
sporting said:
I thought the Russians were European, 1_eye. They play in all European championships, football and athletics. I've had a look at European countries and they do not have Russia registered *Confused*
You Learn something new everyday. How come they play in all those Championships though, do you know the reason?
Thanks

russia is (i think) the only country in the world to be on two continents. Most of russia is actually in Asia. The important part (moscow) is in asia, and as this is the capital russia is judged to be in Asia.
But for sports events because they are partially in europe they can compete
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:58 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
sporting said:
Thanks

russia is (i think) the only country in the world to be on two continents. Most of russia is actually in Asia. The important part (moscow) is in asia, and as this is the capital russia is judged to be in Asia.
But for sports events because they are partially in europe they can compete

I think Turkey is on two continents as well, and they also compete in European Events.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
17:31 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Countries that are on two continents, borderwise:
------------------------------------------------
Azerbaijan (Asia and Europe)

Egypt (Asia and Africa)

Kazakhstan - "Central Asia, northwest of China; a small portion west
of the Ural River in eastern-most Europe" (SOURCE: CIA World Factbook,
<http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html>).

Russian Republic (Asia and Europe)

Turkey (Asia and Europe)

Just found that on a google search. May as well clarify them all if ya gonna correct me with 1

edit: all of them play in european competition bar egypt

Edited at 22:32 Sun 24/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:54 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Israel
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
18:05 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lmao- stop following me round making me look stupid

theres probably more then if google wasnt correct.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Sun 24 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I wasn't trying to make you look stupid

I just thought I'd post a random country and give a lil wink
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:58 Mon 25 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
australia with 41 medals :), 15 gold 14 silve rand 16 bronze i think,

:( bad luck opals,

how was our australian diver,
highest ever score recoreded in diving history to win the gold medal ROFL!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:44 Tue 26 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
But srsly GB only rule at a few sport, our mens athletics is terrible.
we just love sitting down.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:27 Tue 26 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I suggest someone stops listening to the Aussie's!

However your right........ Both track and field need sorting out, this will only be done if money is put in to Athletics. Politics need to change too, however I sharen't rant on any more than what I already have.

4th in the medal table is a great finish for Great Britain, and one that should be admired and celebrated!

And yes - I was right; Russia isn't a part of the EU or Europe. They just like to invade our competitions, just like all the other non-European teams in European competition.......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:32 Tue 26 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
I suggest someone stops listening to the Aussie's!

:O whyy ,

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:35 Tue 26 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Because they are the ones who started the thing of GB only winning medals when they sit down........
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:37 Tue 26 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I never really thought of Russia being in any continent coz its so big. I guess i jsut didnt really care coz they suck anyways.
stueyy
stueyy
07:38 Tue 26 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
dansier said:
I never really thought of Russia being in any continent coz its so big. I guess i jsut didnt really care coz they suck anyways.

Wow we must really suck then
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Olympics - Beijing 2008

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.