Olympics - Beijing 2008

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:25 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
OK guys, seeing as the olympics should have at least one sport you can like and feel that it deserves it own thread.

Who should we watch out for?
Which sport will you be watching?
Whats your favourite sport?

You get the idea,

Personally I'm looking forward to the Mountain Biking, Swimming and the football which has already started.
mr_tennis
mr_tennis
06:08 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
the 100m final.. g a y, powell or bolt? my money is on powell as long as he doesn't bottle this time.
mufc2008
mufc2008
07:56 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
im looking forward to the football
argentina current holders
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:04 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Amazing opening ceremony so far.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:10 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
our boxing hope failed to make the weight of his catagory
sm_rat
sm_rat
10:29 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Amazing opening ceremony so far.

I'll second that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:35 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll third it, have you seen the cheerleaders.

They must be raelly tired, get them in the marathon!
sm_rat
sm_rat
10:38 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
10,500 athletes...

That's phenomenal!!!

BBC said:
Some 10,000 performers took part in the festivities, watched on TV by an estimated one billion people.

The choreographed show took seven years to plan, and costs are estimated to have hit a record-breaking $40bn (£20bn).

An extra 100,000 troops and police have been deployed in the capital, and areas including Tiananmen Square were closed off.

It is a shame some people have to spoil Chinese efforts:

BBC said:
In other developments:
? Three US activists were detained while attempting to mount a pro-Tibet protest near the national stadium, according to the Associated Press.
? A protester tried to set himself alight outside the Chinese embassy in the Turkish capital Ankara, as Chinese Muslims protested against alleged rights violations in China.
? An Air China flight bound for Beijing from Tokyo was forced to turn back after an Olympic-related bomb threat was received.

Edited at 15:43 Fri 8/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:40 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
the ceremony on now zzzz.

when do the events actually start then?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:12 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_tennis said:
the 100m final.. g a y, powell or bolt? my money is on powell as long as he doesn't bottle this time.

isnt that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ swearing ? lol
sm_rat
sm_rat
12:14 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
james_jagger said:
mr_tennis said:

Shut up James It is the name of a world Class athlete. How dare you insult him so

The games are now officially open, and coverage starts on BBC 1 tonight at 1-55 am.

Enjoy peeps!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:22 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
james_jagger the spammer said:

James that post was pointless and off topic, spam maybe seeing as you always do it. Please stick to the topic, if you find his name funny your just a bit.....immature.
mich_is_back
mich_is_back
13:00 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mick_jagger the spammer said:
mr_tennis said:

Stick to the topic or dont post again please is what you was telling me last night...
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
16:37 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lmao mich-

James_Jagger- how you still have posting abilities is beyond me. Other people get banned for half the amount of spam you produce

hightops- frankie gavin is our first ever world amateur boxing champion. He is rated a lot more highly than amir khan. He won the euros not long back but a catergory up. As a young lad who is still developing, the british team should have anticipated hed grow out of lightweight class before now. Rumours suggest he was weighing around 70kg instead of the 60kg needed and thats why hes back home =S
either way, a massive disappointment for our brightest gold medal hope in boxing. Someone's head will roll over this ;)
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
16:42 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
sm_rat said:

It is a shame some people have to spoil Chinese efforts:
BBC said:
In other developments:
? Three US activists were detained while attempting to mount a pro-Tibet protest near the national stadium, according to the Associated Press.
? A protester tried to set himself alight outside the Chinese embassy in the Turkish capital Ankara, as Chinese Muslims protested against alleged rights violations in China.
? An Air China flight bound for Beijing from Tokyo was forced to turn back after an Olympic-related bomb threat was received.

The chinese efforts? At what? Killing their own people?

The bbc is quite right to print that- these olympics are a great oppurtunity to raise awareness throughout the world at china's appaling human rights record.

Do you even know what is happening in tibet? The BBc needs to keep highlighting these problems as they find them. Read up on china and tibet on www.bbc.co.uk and im sure youll change ya mind..
sm_rat
sm_rat
16:53 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh Geez, yeah Mike, you're right

I take back whatever I said to try and defend China...

I'm actually amazed I have never come across that before... -.-

Edited at 21:53 Fri 8/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
lmao mich-

James_Jagger- how you still have posting abilities is beyond me. Other people get banned for half the amount of spam you produce

hightops- frankie gavin is our first ever world amateur boxing champion. He is rated a lot more highly than amir khan. He won the euros not long back but a catergory up. As a young lad who is still developing, the british team should have anticipated hed grow out of lightweight class before now. Rumours suggest he was weighing around 70kg instead of the 60kg needed and thats why hes back home =S
either way, a massive disappointment for our brightest gold medal hope in boxing. Someone's head will roll over this ;)

I for one cannot stand amir kahn! it was one of the reasons why i do like frankie gavin and i really wanted him to do well but it was unfortunate that this was not to be and as you have already said they should have known he'd grow out of that catagory!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:15 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I do remember a couple of months back there happened to be a lot of interviews with another gold medal hope who i think was tom daley in the diving? Whats happening with him i haven't seen anything about him since...

EDIT: OMG, thousands of people were made homeless to make way for olympic construction! And those who ask questions are jailed!

Edited at 23:18 Fri 8/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:45 Sat 9 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Tom Daley has gone to the olympics aged 14 and is in contention for a gold medal.
keoghz
keoghz
08:27 Sat 9 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
come on Ireland lol
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Olympics - Beijing 2008

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.