LMFAO!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:44 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
some1 has definatly said this but i've gotta........scotland won
stevo15
stevo15
10:30 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I wont reply to that Martin in the way in which you want...

Maybe once your team actually win a game, then boast about it to me...
martin_blank
martin_blank
10:35 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, I'll give you a shout on Wednesday

Although, if you've read my comments about England on this thread, you'll know I have absolutely no confidence in that

Edited at 15:35 Sun 25/03/07 (BST)
stevo15
stevo15
10:36 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
And when they can hit a barn door, they may get somewhere.

We have Italy away but I am fairly confident.

All the best to England though!

<Did I really say that?>
martin_blank
martin_blank
11:42 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I can't believe you said it either

I've gone and sprayed tea all over my screen in shock now.

And the very best to Scotland too!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:04 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
we have the players to be 1 of the best nations in the world...but the way the players play together is a shambles
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:05 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think we do have the players to take on the best in the world. They only seem to play when they want to, maybe they need paying more<sarcasm>?

I'd prefer to see a bunch of first divison players, playing their heart out for their country than these premiership oaners who can't even be arrsed to close down a ball or attack with any real mennace. And who the bloody hell is Wayne Rooney?
stevo15
stevo15
14:11 Sun 25 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd prefer to see a bunch of first divison players, playing their heart out for their country

Spot on there mate, and I agree.

The likes of Nugent and Bale and maybe some of the younger ones in the premiership such as Richards would do a better job!

Determination and passion can sometimes beat skill and talent, as shown by Scotland vs France.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:13 Mon 26 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
personally i'll be supporting Kazakstan (spell)

2-1 !!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:54 Mon 26 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
That result really made my night. 2-1 to the mighty Scotland and a 0-0 draw for the mighty Israel!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:10 Mon 26 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Would anyone agree with me if I said what England are lacking is someone with a bit of fire and aggression in midfield? Something similar to what we had with Ince and Gascoigne at Euro 96 (the last time England played well consistently).

The skill of players like Gerrard and Lampard is pretty much useless if they're just going through the motions with no real determination about them, or someone alongside them giving them a kick up the backside when they get sloppy. That's precisely why Joey Barton would be the first name on the England team sheet for me. He may not have the vision, passing and playmaking ability of Gerrard, and he may not be as good a ball winner as Hargreaves, but the number 1 attribute that wins games is gritty determination. That's something England have very little of at the moment.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:12 Tue 27 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I get whay your saying, but i'd have a problem with a racist little thug playing for England! <I have not just contradicted myself *cough Rooney cough*>

I think we need first division players playing, they'd love it. The commentating on sky was annoying aswell. Saying someone should of been sent off, and Lennon should have dived, bloody idiots!
martin_blank
martin_blank
08:05 Wed 28 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Why do you think Barton and Rooney are racist? Seems a bit harsh, because I've never heard them accused of that before. Mindless thugs I totally agrre with though!

As much as I dislike McClaren, and all negative managers for that matter, I think the tabloids have gone way over the top.

The back five pages of today's Sun not only criticise him, they make nasty little jokes and puns about him in virtually every line. It's vile.

What sort of grown men does it take to behave that way, like primary-school bullies. They're even trying to get the nation to call him McDonut, which is just Infantile name-calling.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:58 Wed 28 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Barton and Rooney are not racist Martin, hence the tounge sticking! Sorry ain't quite got the whole sarcasm thing yet! Definatley thugz though!

I don't think it's fare what the tabloids do, hence why i don't buy a paper (comic) as it has no real news in it, only a jumped up donkey's opinion of what the news should be. And it comes as no real surprise that the sun would try to get the nation to call him names. Just like the time they went after 'that ref' after Euro 04 or 2000, i forget! But either way 'that ref' had to quit football in the end!

I reckon England will win by 5 goals! Now that Lampard ain't playing!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:55 Thu 29 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't care about papers or racists. All I know that after watching extended highlights of England game post-pub is that England are rubbish with or without Lampard.

World Football super power - i think not.

I think mainly Steve McClaren's fault though. England played a 4 at the back all the way through the game, why? what pressure did andorra put on the england back 4 that warranted 4 at the back and gerrard dropping back the way he did a lot?
martin_blank
martin_blank
06:20 Thu 29 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
colins said:
England are rubbish

Couldn't wait to post, eh?

Only quoted that piece of your post, because it's same old, same old, no matter how many words you use.

We know we're absolute rubbish. No doubt about that. But you'd still be saying it if we won the world cup.

Scottish views on England are so prejudiced that nobody takes them seriously anymore.

Edited at 11:21 Thu 29/03/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:41 Thu 29 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
martin_blank said:
colins said:
England are rubbish

We know we're absolute rubbish. No doubt about that. But you'd still be saying it if we won the world cup.

Scottish views on England are so prejudiced that nobody takes them seriously anymore.

I always see it as other way round. English views on England are so biased that it blinds them into believing they are up there with the Germanys, Brazils and Italys of this world, when the reality i'd they are way off.

I gave an impartial view. I am not anti-English, I don't support the teams that England are playing. England means as much to me than any country that is not Scotland, I don't especially care if England win or lose, and don't take pleasure in England losing or winning. Wish I hadn't had the flag there now <----.
martin_blank
martin_blank
08:01 Thu 29 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I always see it as other way round. English views on England are so biased that it blinds them into believing they are up there with the Germanys, Brazils and Italys of this world, when the reality i'd they are way off.

I don't agree with that at all. The Press say that - they build England up and knock them down - but I know very few English people who think that way.

I don't especially care if England win or lose, and don't take pleasure in England losing or winning

If that statement is true, then it's refreshing to see somebody with a realistic, unbigoted view, because mostly all we hear is the pathetic old 'Wahey, England lost, I'm off to celebrate.'

I feel the same way about Scotland- I couldn't give a monkeys how they do.

Scotland mean nothing to most English - positive or negative - and so it's pretty sad how so many Scots get so emotional about our results.

Edited at 13:06 Thu 29/03/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:57 Thu 29 Mar 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Still fighting the fight i see martin!

Well it wasn't great, but was a win finally!

Andorra was dirty though, i understand they were trying to intimidate England, but a kick to the errrrm....groin, and an elbow to the face in one match! Don't know what the ref and his assistants was looking at!?

Also i know England are rubbish. Don't really bother me. Just like it don't bother all the Scottish about their team being rubbish!
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Who The Hell Are England?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.