Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Sun 27 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
wat do u expect from leeds fans tho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:20 Sun 27 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was brilliantly observed at Fratton Park as we went for a minutes appreciation (clapping and chanting his name) rather than the silence. Seemed more appropriate.

Best has been a regular at Fratton park for 6 years, and was best friends with Milan Mandaric, the pompey chairman, who was in tears before the game.

R.I.P George.

"I spent all my money on girls, cars and booze. The rest I just squandered."

Edited at 03:22 Mon 28/11/05 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:47 Mon 28 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol seems like a nice day out lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:44 Tue 29 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
someone said that he went into hospital because his immune system couldn't cope...

this was because HE CARRIED ON DRINKING!

anyway i've spoken to nick about this and i've decided not to even look at this thread anymore!
nick
nick
Admin
04:55 Tue 29 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I believe he had a reaction to medication to try and prevent the addiction, as opposed to any side effects of the drink.

Anyhow, unbanned now...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:36 Tue 29 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
RIP to David Di Tommasso who plays for Utretch...died in his sleep last night...only 26 years of age.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:47 Tue 29 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
:-O Sh!t thats young!! RIP!!
nick
nick
Admin
11:11 Tue 29 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's awful, Marc-Vivien Foe died young of a heart attack too. Shows it can happen to anyone, even the young and super fit.

On another note, I removed my earlier rant aganst misleadyouth as it was invalid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:31 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
a nice funeral for him today on which he deserves
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:01 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
was a fitting tribute
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:20 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's his George Best's own fault he's dead
__ediss__
__ediss__
09:14 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
No it isn't, I watched a documentary on it actually. He was a fashion icon back then, a little like Beckham aspires to be now. If people saw him in a club/pun whatever they'd buy him a drink and because he was such a nice person he'd always say yes to it and have a chat with them. Take nothing away though in my opinion he's the best player you will ever see playing football, the champions league final against Benfica proved he was the best. Anyone who criticises George Best can simply perish in hell, Misleadyouth and chav_h8r you two are the most ill-absent minded simple little tards I have ever heard from. You always post absolute sh!te and clog up decent threads with your negative attitudes. Can you both please get out of your tight little bum holes and sprout one!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:21 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
that still didnt stop him from taking a liver someone could actually use.Ok maybe he didn't die from liver failure but he would of in the end
__ediss__
__ediss__
09:22 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
what do you mean he would of in the end, the man is dead! How can you be so selfish as to whinge about a liver ffs. grow up...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:14 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
how about just leave it as it is and think of him for his good life memorys?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:26 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
ahh the scenes at old trafford with the clapping and callums speech; sent shivers up my spine; an infulence to us all; dont throw away life with booze!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
good riddance
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:41 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Chav h8r what is wrong with you? the man was buried today, do you have no respect at all? At the end of the day does it really matter why he died? If his family could read your comments how do you think they would feel? Hater by name hater by nature!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:51 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
ok so maybe he died becos he did "drink himself 2 death" (n i dnt mean 2 say that i believe that) and thres no denying that but, he was a great football player and a nice guy, but 2 say that on the day he was buried is just plain nasty!!! how wud u feel if sum1 said that about u on the day u were buried, n ok so ure probably guna say i dnt care becos ill be dead but think of how URE family wud feal n the people u liked n loved... or if some1 u liked n loved died and then some1 sed it about them u wudnt like it wud u???? i dnt think u wud!!!!!!! ok so thats my rant ove just think chav_h8r u shud think about wot u say before u say it n have some respect about other peoples feelings!!!

Edited at 01:53 Sun 4/12/05 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Sat 3 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well said!
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

George Best RIP

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.