George Best RIP

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:50 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
alonso you tight thing lol! typical scouse supporter......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:51 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
he was one of the best players to ever live and id have thought that people would remember him for that rather than his problems in later years.
nick
nick
Admin
12:52 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:55 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
everyones entitled to their own opinion but mislead i agree with nick that your post was too strong
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:57 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree totally with nick. it was not needed. you were just the same on keane leaving, jumping at the opportunity to criticise.
nick
nick
Admin
13:00 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, however in my opinion showing respect comes first.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:04 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
absolutely right.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:04 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have some respect for the guy for goodness sake he has just died, is that way you'll behave if your mum died tomorrow?. Commiserations to Mr.Best and also Eddie Guerrero who also passed away last week. Shows excess boozing about catches up later in life folks.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
13:06 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol @ mislead being "complete idiot". banned now n e way... Gotta feel for his family though...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:11 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeh totally bang out of order and disrespectful.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:11 Fri 25 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i suppose wen u get hooked u cant stop he tried but failed what a gr8 footy player tho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:30 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:48 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
So someone who dies doesnt deserve sympathy??? He was an ADDICT ok? He could not stop drinking and he did try believe me. Imagine it was someone out of your family and people wernt giving them sympathy. Would that make you happy? And George best himself had that picture in the paper last weekend showing his mistake. Dont you think he regrets it now????
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:55 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
my great grandad died because he couldn't get a liver transplant he needed

if you carry on drinking after a liver transplant, then YES, you deserve to die
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:03 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Footballs version of Einstein.

Played for United and Stockport- all be it games which came with 2 goals- my two favourite clubs.

Yesterday when I heard that it would be miraculous if he survived another 24 hours, I was upset.

The fact is though that he did. He survived those 24 hours. It may have been by 10 or so minutes but he did do it.
He had completed what would be the final challenge that he faced.

Story of his life?

No

There was much more to this mans life, but yes. He was a man who performed miracles. He filled his life. If he was told that he would be given 59 years on Earth then I am sure he would keep everything the same.

But he wasn't given a limit. That is the sad thing. He could have been here longer but wasn't.

By name and also by nature this man truely was the Best.

RIP
nick
nick
Admin
08:07 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
This wasn't meant to be a political or ethical debate. It was a thread to pay last respect to George Best.

If you don't want to pay respects fine, don't post anything, however I'm not having a permanent quote to people's lack of empathy written on this forum.

In the end, he did not die from alcohol, he died because of medication prescripted to cure his addicition... so he had just paid the ultimate punishment for his lifestyle.

The quote that I banned you for was for bad taste (worse than the usual sick jokes are).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:21 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:25 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
1 minute silence at 3 oclock about 20mins ago was moving on sky sports news it showed ya all grounds in prem paying the respects! fought that was good! so now it's over george best has gone a true legend ! one of a kind ! don't think anyone will be as good as him
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:27 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
RIP
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:54 Sat 26 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
How many caps did he get for Northern Ireland?
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

George Best RIP

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.