Euro 2008 - Whose your money on?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:52 Tue 17 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds like all the other ppl on here are bitter that croatia beat us, maybe thats why you arent all giving croatia the time of day cos you dont want them to win it, even yesterday they didnt need to try and won, why???, because they played for pride in their countrys colours and when you get teams like that, they are a unit and will take some stopping!! HREVSKA!!! or summat like that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:01 Tue 17 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I now think da final will be

holland v portugal
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:40 Tue 17 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
barnsleylad8 said:
sounds like all the other ppl on here are bitter that croatia beat us, maybe thats why you arent all giving croatia the time of day cos you dont want them to win it, even yesterday they didnt need to try and won, why???, because they played for pride in their countrys colours and when you get teams like that, they are a unit and will take some stopping!! HREVSKA!!! or summat like that

I thought they seemed really fancied by the English because of the fact they beat the English and all English thoughts go to "Ooo they must good".

Much better side in this Championship than they showed in the qualification groups. Very good chance of going all the way now I think, the Croatia from qualifying wouldn't have been able to.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Tue 17 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
SPAIN - no problem
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:44 Tue 17 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
barnsleylad8 said:
sounds like all the other ppl on here are bitter that croatia beat us, maybe thats why you arent all giving croatia the time of day cos you dont want them to win it, even yesterday they didnt need to try and won, why???

I don't even like England, I think they are overrated and have won nothing in years, and I am not British either.
And they won because the other team was pretty bad you must admit.

Anyone think the red card in FRA - ITA was bit unfair? I mean yes he came from behind and yes it was a bad challenge, but that seemed a bit harsh to me. I thought the referee was pretty bad through out the game too. To prove my point that yellow to Henry, good tackle, won the ball didn't even touch Zambrotta(nice acting) gets a yellow. Anyway good one from the Dutch reserves :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree with you totally, Javen. Poor decision, said the same in the Champions League Final two years back when Lehmann got sent off, I think in that situation a yellow and a penalty is enough. Didn't even look that intentional from the French player.

Agree though, quite a few poor decisions from the ref that night.

I don't think Croatia have been that good, I'd hardly call beating Germany, when they play the way they have, with that silly Gomez who misses open goals playing, an achievement.

Anyone see his sitter he missed? They surely can't keep him for the next match, I mean Peter Crouch is 100 times the striker he is (or isn't, as is the case!)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
why is everyone saying Spain?

They aint that good. I think Holland look the most dangerous team in the tournament.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:04 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:

I don't think Croatia have been that good, I'd hardly call beating Germany, when they play the way they have, with that silly Gomez who misses open goals playing, an achievement.

Anyone see his sitter he missed? They surely can't keep him for the next match, I mean Peter Crouch is 100 times the striker he is (or isn't, as is the case!)

Croatia was lucky enough to be in a weak group, over hyped is all i got to say.
As for Gomez( very German name isn't it?) I haven't watched any German games closely, but he hasn't been known for anything spectacular :P
(Honestly Liverpool needs to get rid of Crouch, the only reason he plays is for set pieces(being 2 meters long helps there i guess).
Chump: Villa's onslaught got everyone's attention, although i don't think that is gonna continue.

Edited at 21:06 Wed 18/06/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
javen said:
(Honestly Liverpool needs to get rid of Crouch, the only reason he plays is for set pieces(being 2 meters long helps there i guess).

Liverpool need to play Crouch more !!!

If you have ever watched Crouch play you would see that his heading is incredibely poor for such a tall guy and alot of his goals actually come from shots with his feet. He is a good player who is underrated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
da_chump said:
why is everyone saying Spain?

They aint that good. I think Holland look the most dangerous team in the tournament.

Agreed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:46 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
dorito said:
javen said:

Liverpool need to play Crouch more !!!

If you have ever watched Crouch play you would see that his heading is incredibely poor for such a tall guy and alot of his goals actually come from shots with his feet. He is a good player who is underrated.

LOL! He can't even run without tumbling on the ball!
But we all are entitled to an opinion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:54 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Not everyone is saying Spain....

And people are saying Spain cos they have been one of the best sides so far...personally I think the winner of the tournament will come from the Spain-Italy game!

Also, I have a sneaky suspicion the Russians might do one over on the Dutch...laugh at me now, but time will tell...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:00 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Although holland are looking very dangerous, and this may sound stupid at the moment, but I cant write off the germans. Its true they've been a disgrace to theirselves in the groups, but as history has told they DO get stronger as the tournament goes on - I think they will look back at the group stages to use it as an incentive to produce a good result.

Portugal will be a hard team to beat, but as we've seen anything could happen - personally i'd like an underdog to win it - croatia or russia
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:42 Wed 18 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey this is football, anything can happen (Turkey comebacks, perfect examples). Hell for all we know even Portugal can win! (Oh wait they were suposed to be good).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Thu 19 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
_niallo_ said:

Also, I have a sneaky suspicion the Russians might do one over on the Dutch...laugh at me now, but time will tell...

Ditto!
I think it is going to be one the best spectacles of the tournament mind.

I want Holland to win as they are the team that really got this tournament going and kept it going after a terrible first week. But like you I think Russia might pull it off.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:38 Thu 19 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Russia defence is weak and their keeper is dodgy, they don't really have a chance people just like to support an underdog...
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
09:16 Thu 19 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Akinfeev isnt dodgy- hes awesome on FM08. Arshavin is awesome as well. I kinda agree with niall. russia v holland will be a great attacking game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:09 Thu 19 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I think holland or spain will win but i do think if the russians had a decent keeper they might of had a chance.

Not sure if ive seen akinfeev catch one cross in all of they games!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Thu 19 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
Akinfeev isnt dodgy- hes awesome on FM08. Arshavin is awesome as well. I kinda agree with niall. russia v holland will be a great attacking game

Counter attacking game :P Both teams were awesome at counter attack, I would like to see that Pavluchenko idiot substituted though. Guy doesn't know how to pass.( They got numbers and instead of passing it off to an open man running on he just runs to the goal and takes a weak shot.)
As for whoever that said their goalie isn't good, that guy is very good at decision making, I've seen him make a lot of smart decisions in split seconds in dangerous moments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Thu 19 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Never EVER write off the Germans!
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Euro 2008 - Whose your money on?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.