Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:02 Tue 20 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
schuldiner said:
Hopefully Man Utd will get the job done.

Milan could win it too. They always do well in Europe.

Edited at 19:44 Tue 20/11/07 (GMT)

Man u will get the job done.

Milan they do good in the Uefa, but they are not playing like a team this season, they are crap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:39 Fri 23 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, Milan have been useless in Serie A, but they've had dodgy seasons before and still done well in Europe. Ignoring the game against Celtic, they've actually looked pretty good in Europe. There's no team in the competition they aren't capable of beating on their day. I think they'll make the semis.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:10 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Time for a CL update, I think (just not 100% sure exactly which thread to revive).

Shalke v Porto
Intersting tie this, and Porto's 3-0 win at the weekend, combined with Shalke's demoralising 2-1 home defeat, could cancel out Shalke's home advantage.
1st leg verdict: 1-1

Roma v Real Madrid
Real will be without Robinho, Sneijder, Pepe, Metzelder, Marcelo and Saviola. Ramos and Heinze are likely to play, but Real may still suffer at the back. No Sneijder or Robinho may also mean a lack of creativity in midfield.

Olympiakos v Chelsea
The Greeks' first CL knockout game in 9 years. Surely this can only go one way... can't it?
1st leg verdict: 0-2

Liverpool v Inter
With Inter on fire in Serie A, will the pressure be too much, or will Liverpool raise their game and save Rafa's bacon. If Benitez keeps his job though, defeat would allow him to concentrate fully on finishing in the top 4 in the EPL.
1st leg verdict: 1-3
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:10 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Celtic v Barcelona
Eto'o is doubtful after picking up a thigh strain in the ACON, but to be honest, Barca arent exactly short of attacking talent to replace him. However, they do always look likely to concede, and with Celtic's home record, anything could happen.
1st leg verdict: 1-0

Lyon v Man Utd
Lyon shouldn't be underestimated, but the City slip-up should be long forgotten about after creaming Arsenal in the cup.
1st leg verdict: 1-2

Fenerbahce v Sevilla
Fenerbahce are no slouches these days, and Sevilla have been less than impressive in La Liga.
1st leg verdict: 1-0

Arsenal v Milan
Milan have goalkeeper problems. Kalac has a dislocated finger, recently dropped backup keeper Dida has a back injury. Neither has been ruled out, but Valerio Fiori (who hasn't played for over 3 years) is on standby. Gattuso has been declared fit. Pato (4 goals in 6 in Serie A) could also feature.
1st leg verdict: 1-2 if Kalac plays, 2-2 if it's Dida or Fiori.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:24 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmm, nice previews.

I agree with every single one except two - Celtic vs Barca & Fenerbache vs Sevilla.

I think Barca will beat Celtic 2-0, and Sevilla will draw at Fenerbache 2-2, but thats my two cents anyway.

&& Btw Fiori looks set to play.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:41 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Take that back! You're supposed to disagree with everything I say.

Nah, I think Celtic will spring a surprise... then get beat 4-0 in Spain.

And I think Fenerbahce will be the surprise team to reach the quarters. Sevilla don't really fill me with any confidence. Actually, I think they'd be in the UEFA Cup now if they hadn't been drawn in a group containing the two weakest teams in the competition.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:36 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Celtic won't do anything against Barca, home or away, sure they have fire in their belly but if Barca step up the gear then the difference in class will shine through.

I'm going for:

Celtic 0 - 2 Barcelona

Barcelona 3 - 1 Celtic

Hmm, Sure Sevilla are going through a dire season understandable with whats happened to them, but I think they'll scrape through.

Fenerbache 0 - 0 Sevilla

Sevilla 1 - 0 Fenerbache
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:50 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmm... I guess we will just have to wait and see. It's pretty rare for every single one of the favourites to go through.

I can't really give any reason why I think Celtic will beat Barca at home, I'm just going with instinct. If they pressurise Barca and don't give them room to play, they've got every chance. Barca don't like teams that go at them, and Valdes is always liable to make a mistake.

Fenerbahce beating Sevilla, I can explain. Sevilla will probably scrape a win in the 2nd leg, but Sukru Saracoglu is one of the most hostile venues a visiting team can play at. It's been a fortress for them so far in the CL (100% record with 6 scored and only 1 conceded).
They even dominated against Inter, and were probably a bit unfortunate to only win 1-0. Admittedly, Inter were missing a few players for that game, but it was still a strong line-up.
If anything, my 1-0 prediction is being a bit kind to Sevilla considering the way they've been playing. Could be 2 or 3.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:17 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
AC Milan Injury Update:
2nd choice keeper Dida (who was injured by the bench, yes by the bench) has been ruled out of the Arsenal game, but 1st choice Zeljko Kalac has been named in the squad. It's still not certain whether he or Valerio Fiori will start between the sticks.

Pato is fit to play.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:54 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'll delete my account and never come back if Sevilla get knocked out by Fenerbache.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:04 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Sevilla will destroy Fenerbache in both legs. Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Dani Alves, Jesus Navas, Poulsen. Too much talent to lose to a team like Fenerbache.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:07 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hey Fenerbache have the legend that is Roberto Carlos...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:51 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
He's about one hundred and ten lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:10 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
dr35d3n said:
I think Sevilla will destroy Fenerbache in both legs. Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Dani Alves, Jesus Navas, Poulsen. Too much talent to lose to a team like Fenerbache.

I'm pretty sure that's what people were saying about Zanetti, Stankovic, Maxwell, Ibrahimovic, Cambiasso, Samuel and Suazo before Fenerbahce beat them.

Fenerbahce's home record in the group stages is the same as Real Madrid, AC Milan and Sevilla (3 wins, +5 GD), AND they had a much harder draw than any of those teams. Fenerbahce are a much stronger team than they were a couple of years ago. Players like Alex and Deivid are more than capable of getting the job done, as are Semih and Kezman.

lewis007 said:
I'll delete my account and never come back if Sevilla get knocked out by Fenerbache.

Look forward to it matey.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:39 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Okayyy then put your money where your mouth is, I delete if Sevilla get knocked out, you delete if Fenerbache get knocked out.

Deal? Or are you really not that confident....

Anyway tonight will see Liverpool get handed a thumping, tune in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:51 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha. I'm not that confident about the 2nd leg to be honest. I'm just saying it wouldn't be as much of an upset as people on here are saying.

If you wanna base it on tomorrow's game only, I'd go along with that.

And let's hope Inter take Liverpool by the wedding vegetables and cause them a bit of embarrassment.

EDIT: OK, it's a done deal. If Fenerbahce win the 1st leg, Lewis007 disappears... if Sevilla do what Inter, PSV and CSKA couldn't do, Schuldiner disappears.

Edited at 17:07 Tue 19/02/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:19 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just remember lads, if you delete and leave the forum in a mess then you'll have your posting abilities taken from you for a while. So be mindful before deleting!
martin_blank
martin_blank
11:19 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
schuldiner said:

Roma v Real Madrid
Real will be without Robinho, Sneijder, Pepe, Metzelder, Marcelo and Saviola. Ramos and Heinze are likely to play, but Real may still suffer at the back. No Sneijder or Robinho may also mean a lack of creativity in midfield.

Well, I'm hoping for a draw but after Saturday's mess and that glaring lack of creativity you mention (against even a relegation side), I think Madrid will be lucky not to damage themselves beyond repair tonight.

Still...Real Madrid scarves draped over TV and San Miguel in fridge, party either way : )
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Meh Betis are a good side, no worries.

Edited at 20:17 Tue 19/02/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:01 Tue 19 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
1-1

Pizarro for Roma, Raul for Madrid.

Edited at 20:04 Tue 19/02/08 (GMT)
Pages: 1