(IP Logged)
09:40 Tue 9 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
England V South Africa world cup final

hu agrees?

C'MON ENGLAND
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Tue 9 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just wanna post unlucky to Scotland the other night, they played well untill the last 5 mins.

Well done Argentina.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:49 Tue 9 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Be a hard game against the French. To be honest its made my world cup us making the semis, so good luck to lads, lets hope they have a good game and perform well.

Unlucky to Scotland, just abit too 1 dimentional, kicking possesion away when they have the talent to be attacking from outside there 22. The Argies are moaning cheats, I hope they loose soon.

COME ON ENGLAND!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:01 Thu 11 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
we beat the 2nd Favs John now we need to beat the 4th favs (as they stood at the start)
after the last 2 games that england played we have gone from title losers to true title defenders.
got the same squad as last week so roll on 8pm saturday
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:31 Sat 13 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Come On England!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Sat 13 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
England who?

Made history tonight, only team to make 3 consecutive finals, I'm slightly drunk, slighty delerious and very happy happy, good job you guys aren't here for the man hugs!

Unlucky France, a very worthy team on the night!

Can we make history again next week?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:55 Sat 13 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
England who?

Made history tonight, only team to make 3 consecutive finals

Wasn't it New Zealand vs. South Africa in the final in 1999??

Hope you get hammered by the Argics lads!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:50 Sun 14 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Doesn't matter if we do get hammered by the Argies, or South africa!

Cause we made the final from nothing but hard work and dog determination!

Where you from ul_son?

Edited at 05:52 Sun 14/10/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:49 Sun 14 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ul_son said:
Wasn't it New Zealand vs. South Africa in the final in 1999??

Hope you get hammered by the Argics lads!

Think it was actually Australia v France in 1999 but nevermind - well done England - never has so much been achieved by a team with so little and I don't mean that as an insult - quite the opposite in fact.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:39 Sun 14 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm mistaken, I thought this was the 3rd consecutive final for England, it was in fact France VS Australia in '99 with Australia winning.

And no insult taken, its all about winning, and if you can play and win like that, anything is possible.

Wonder if the Argies can upset the flow now?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:13 Mon 15 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Nope, the Argies looked shattered in the second half !! One game to gar for them....Shame really they played some good stuff as well.

Looks like its up to "De Bokke" To do the whole world a huge favour......My god the pressure on them will be immense !!

Edited at 11:15 Mon 15/10/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:18 Mon 15 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
By World you mean Wales?

It's a shame really other nations can't be as sporting as us English, if it was Wales or Ireland (even Scotland) in the final, I'd be backing them all the way just as I was throughout the tournement. Suppose I always have been into charity though........

(LMFAOOOOOO @ me)

No but really, the above statement stands, don't know why people can't just be happy for me.

I'm looking forward to next week, just gotta figure out how to stop the Boks :-S

Edited at 17:18 Mon 15/10/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:33 Mon 15 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:

Where you from ul_son?

Fair point!
I take it all back!

Was so confused about the '99 final, apologies!
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:49 Mon 15 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i believe ul_son is from ireland john....

and LMFAO at dresden and his massive head. Id like england to win it but i think john was right about south africa
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:42 Mon 15 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
By World you mean Wales?

It's a shame really other nations can't be as sporting as us English, if it was Wales or Ireland (even Scotland) in the final, I'd be backing them all the way just as I was throughout the tournement. Suppose I always have been into charity though........

(LMFAOOOOOO @ me)

No but really, the above statement stands, don't know why people can't just be happy for me.

I'm looking forward to next week, just gotta figure out how to stop the Boks :-S

Edited at 17:18 Mon 15/10/07 (BST)

It's just human nature. For instance, a man who's never achieved anything in life hates the 'high-flying' neighbour with the flash car and house. He doesn't know him, but immediately assumes he must be arrogant and conceited. The high-flyer might be the kindest, most reasonable man on earth, but he hates him. The emotion that causes that reaction is just jealousy.

And that reaction can be applied equally to sport.
Those whose sides never achieve hate achieving neighbours, and their only recourse is to take out their bitterness on them at every opportunity.

It's not worth worrying about.

And also John....C'MON SOUTH AFRICA!!!

PS: I wanted Ireland, Scotland and Wales to do well too. I'm English and totally behind England every time, but I've even sat working out the points for Euro 2008, just hoping Scotland can qualify. It's a one-way thing I know, but it won't stop me supporting them.

Edited at 20:44 Mon 15/10/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:09 Mon 15 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
martin_blank said:
The emotion that causes that reaction is just jealousy.

My cry of come on the argics was based on the assumption (or hope) that they'd make the final, and then my sporting principle of always being up for the underdog came into play!

I in no way ever claimed to be upsportsman or a sore loser! Being Irish, I naturally am supporting the underdog! I am actually very surprised to see England in the final, and as the underdog. I also admire their never die attitude and they get my support!...regardless of the wager I have with my Spring Bok friend!

Edited at 00:12 Tue 16/10/07 (BST)
steven_afc
steven_afc
16:43 Fri 19 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
C'mon South Africa

Hate the arrogant English, maybe because I'm Scottish

Anyway C'mon South Africa
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Fri 19 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
How are we arrogent?

Really? And think about your answer..............

Sacre bleu'! Ref done the French over tonight, poor bleu's!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:14 Sat 20 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Sacre bleu'! Ref done the French over tonight, poor bleu's!

Thought the Argics were good money for their win, well deserved!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:31 Sat 20 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Good luck England, lift the trophy again.....and I'm Scottish. I also hope both England And Scotland qualify for Euro 2008 as well.
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Rugby World Cup 2007!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.