Come on Trinidad!!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:40 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I think you will fill find that we don't give a flyin fcuk who you think we support, as long as its not that self opinionated, self rightiousness, hypocritical country u call england !!! Cant wait to see the what "THE ENGLISH PRESS" say when u r knocked out !!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:48 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
im confused. are you supporting englnd or not?
pool_life
pool_life
Say what you mean!
martin_blank
martin_blank
edited out - lost will to post

Edited at 20:03 Thu 15/06/06 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:56 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Most people i know who are anti-england in the world cup are english, and i can totally identify with them.

It must so incredibly embarrasing to be english just now, everone knows they dont have a hope in hell of winning, and are playin terribly, yet the media hypes things beyond belief!

Who wouldn't be embarrased about a headline like "Wayne Rooney kicks ball with injured foot!"??

As one of my english friends put it : "no-one seems to realise that when you make it seem like the whole team relies on jammy wannabe jack-the-lad, it makes the whole team out to be worthless"

I'm not taking any side, i have my own country to support, i just think its a shame so many english people have to be embarrased by this..

Edited at 19:56 Thu 15/06/06 (BST)
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:01 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
As above

Edited at 20:04 Thu 15/06/06 (BST)
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
15:02 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
HEY!! Theres far too much "you" and "we" and "our" and "your" going on for my liking!! CUT IT OUT!
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
15:04 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
that sour crap from bitter scots

a little stereotypical there arnt we? oh yes martin, i spotted it before you edited!!

Edited at 20:05 Thu 15/06/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
It started off as me wishing trinidad all the best and it escalated from there sumhow lol nothin to do with me
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:06 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Just the embarrasment factor kicking in dude. As you can see even Martin agree's with me.

Sad really...
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:09 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ye dr lovepump. The remarks were fuelled by stellaman's pretty bitter attack on the english. I was annoyed, but then decided to remove my comments as I thought they were a little OTT and I didn't want to offend anybody.

But, as a moderator, you obviously felt the need to reprint them and stoke up the bad feeling I was trying to avoid...well done m8. Doing a gr8 job.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
well i would say T&T were great and deserved to get a draw atleast and i dont mind sum english ppl and yous wouldnt support scotland or wales if we were in it and yous wernt sooo cmon T&T

Oh and as for rooney i think that was all a fix with his foot

Edited at 20:11 Thu 15/06/06 (BST)
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:13 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
They played well and were well unlucky 8ball. If they can beat paraguay, and england beat sweden, they will go thru.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
15:13 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
martin put tht handbag away, my ones a much better shade of pink than yours and would win hands down
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:14 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, fair enuff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
not if sweden win 2night martin, we need a draw 2night
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on girls! Its a Game!!........ Stella! ffs have a snicker and calm down!!()

End of the day may the best team win!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
aye well said paula..........its just a game......
If Scotland or Wales were in the world cup i will also support them. They are a 'home' nation after all.
For example.............in the 6 nations rugby, my 1st team to support is England but i wish all 'British' teams to do well, and the entertainment is of a good quality.

unfortunately england played poorly tonite and didnt seem to hold there heads up until the latter part of the game (when rooney came on).
I just hope they can get better, we will see....................I cannot understand other 'British' People being Anti-English we all live on the same Island
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
17:59 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I could watch a game and want england to win by doing one thing, muting the sound. Those commentators drive me up the wall with england this and england that. Its that kind of thing that encourages all the anti-englishness (new word?!)
martin_blank
martin_blank
18:24 Thu 15 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree, but the same goes when england don't qualify & the press/media need a team 2 cling 2.
In 1994 when Eire got to the USA finals, I don't think any of the 4 home nations qualified. Evry supermrket had Irish flags, guiness promos etc, & the commentators spouted on about 'plucky, brave Ireland' etc etc, & how they had overcome all the odds, over & over again.

The thing is, when an old rival does well, ppl are bound to resent the hype surrounding them. The media stuff about England has been ridiculous. They are a good bunch of players, who don't play well as a team. So far, Argentina and Spain both look much better.

Truth is - this whole thread was started under the 'good luck' T&T guise, simply so rivals could goad the English on here. I didn't see anybody posting gl tunisia, or gl togo. Fair enough u dislike England, but don't be surprised to get a negative reaction when you go looking 4 one.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Come on Trinidad!!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.