Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:40 Sun 29 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
:-D that time of year has come!!

Seattle Seahawks and Pittsburgh Steelers in the superbowl final! will anyone be watching it and if so, who do you think will win?

I think and want The Seahawks too win, mainly because they are a team i follow, but hey! They have been on good form the last season and it's the first ever superbowl final for them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:23 Sun 29 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
pittsburgh steelers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:04 Sun 29 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
don't like american football. it's too slow, too many stoppages
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:22 Sun 29 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
when is it ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:33 Sun 29 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
feb 5th it is.

Id like to see pittsburg win for cowher and betis but rothlisberger will have to play as he has been all post season to keep it going.

seattles offensive line is best in nfl thats why they are there, but in the championship game their defence stepped up too which means its going to be one hell of a game.

btw im sure its superbowl 40 so it would be XL :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:10 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah i was in a rush when i posted this as i had to go out at 12 and still had to get ready etc. Thats my excuse anyway for the XXl on the thread name... just pressed the x a few too many times :-S
i did notice i had made a mistake, but i was in a rush and i cannot change the thread name anyway!

i am also suprised that the Colts didn't get into the final, as i was expectig them too get in. They have had a great season though, with a 13 consecutive wins in the first 13 weeks. That takes some doing. but then again, they had a bum ending to the season, so.....

A great nfl year if you ask me! Lets just hope the superbowl doesn't dissapoint.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeh it has been a great year in the nfl i think.

the colts were fantastic throughout the regular season, but with the tragedy of dungy's son later in the year totally spun them out i think. shame not to see them go further but they were simply outplayed in every aspect.

The shocks for me were teams like kansas and sand diego missing out, they had the best running backs and seemed to be getting into gear, but it shows no matter how good ur individuals are, the team is what matters.

the superbowl itself i dont think will be that high scoring, it certainly wont be a shoot out, but it will be exciting thats for sure.

highlight for me will be watching polemanu react to the seattle offensive line, always great watching him and shaun alexander.

ps, glad to see other ppl liking the nfl around here :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:50 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
its been a very odd year too. like Greenday doing terrible and the bungals, aka the Bengals also did quiet well for a chance. (as you can prob tell from their nickname, the bungals, they havnt exactly been a good team for quiet a while now, but considering, they had a pretty good season, winning their division ahead of the stealers.)

Then the usual raiders, 49ers, Texans, saints etc all doing badly. the usual stealers, pats, colts all doing well. Broncos also had a good season.

This is probably my fav nfl season of all time. its been full of excitment, upside down twists and alot of injuries (as per usual)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:51 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
whos been the most impressive player this year for you?

ps. Brett Favre's record is starting to look very impressive i might add. he hasnt missed 1 game for nearly 15 years. i belive he has started in the last 175 games for Greenbay. considering each season has 16 games, to play 175 staright games, in unbelivable. he has also played with broken bones and fingers and he is the quarter-back for christ sake.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:27 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Theres many players which have impressed me this year,

the likes of larry johnson - kansas had an unbelievable end and nearly singly handedly got them into playoffs.

troy polamanue - steelers, this guy is best saftey ever to play american football

brian urlcaher - bears, and i mean on the field, not in the paris hitlon video :)

but i have to agree with the leagues decision of shaun alexander as MVP. he is amazing and everyone knows what he is going to do, but they cannot stop him yet (well see next sunday)

btw, where do u watch it, sky or 5 or both and which you prefer, carlsons r hallings analysis?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:34 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I watch it on both, but i hate Nick Halling and Cass Edwards. they also commentate on ten pin bowling( a sport i play) and they dont have a clue what they are on about, and its the same with american football. I prefer it on sky, but they both annoy me so bad its untrue. the worst part is how Cass always says ' in there like swimwear' grrrrrrrrr.
Carlson knows what he is on about though and i enjot his work the best.

Edited at 21:35 Mon 30/01/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
i definately prefer five, carlson is brilliant for new and old viewers of nfl and he has a good laugh.

main thing i hate about sky is the adverts...and the $$$$$ - sponsors of the nfl on sky sports!!

but i still get to watch the game, so cant moan :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:55 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
'coors, the offical sponsor of nfl' doesn kinda get boring, repetative and annoying if you watch nfl alot on sky sports. as that advert comes up when a break starts and when the breaks finish, and that happens every 5-10 mins because of time-outs etc.

how long have you been following nfl and what teams do you follow?

Edited at 21:57 Mon 30/01/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:03 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
i been following the nfl for about 13-14 years, but really into it the last say 5 or 6, never miss a game on uk tv and i also regularly get dvds sent to me with non uk televised games from america. i wanted to get the college games too but only available on nasn and i pay enough for sky, cant afford too many subscriptions :)

i dont follow a particular team, just enjoy the game.

but as some people on here can vouch, i quite enjoy my sports :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Mon 30 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
quiet a while then. yeah my dad watches nfl too, and he checked that nasn out once for the nfl, and he said it costs more for that a month, that the full sky package a month. its a tad too much if you ask me. i only see the games that are televised, which is a bummer.

i would be good to see the college matches actually, as all the players that will be playing in the nfl in a few years, will be there now. i would enjoy watching college games also because you get to see the up and coming players and you also would know what players are up for the draft that following year or within the next couple seasons.

Edited at 22:11 Mon 30/01/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:59 Mon 6 Feb 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
:-S forgot to post

The Seahawks lost, 21-10, i was well gutted! Great game but i do think The Seahawks should have won, they were all over The Stealers for most of the game, especially the 1st two quarters. I blame the ref for making a bad decision on a touchdown for The Seahawks in the 1st quarter. i thought it was a realy bad call. Thats who i blame anyway :-S

Jackson and Alexander for the seahawks had great games too! had the better match statistics too and still lost. :-(

Seahawks were up 130 yards for 17 yards at one point, and were only 3 points up :-O

Edited at 23:00 Mon 6/02/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:12 Mon 6 Feb 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
It was a superbowl filled with mistakes.

There were more mistakes than good plays and seattle lost it rather than steelers winning it.

The early call of offensive pass interference was very dodgy, although if u quoted the rule book it was ok, those things happen every game and are never called as a foul.

You also have the touchdown by rothlisberger, for me this never broke the plane, but seeing as there wasnt any "irresputable evidence" the call stood.

So instead of seattle being 7-0 up, the steelers were 7-3 up at half time.

Now things get bad to worse for seattle...stevens couldnt catch a ball all game and the time he does on the most crucial drive of the game i thoght seattle were back in it, on the 1 yard line and definate touchdown looming. BUT WAIT...

offensive holding callbrings it back to the 40 yard line, and he didnt even hold.

so instead of touchdown what happens? Hasslebeck throws a unforced interception and then tackles the guy with the ball and gets penalised another 15 yard for personal foul!!!!

As i said before i have no favourite team but the ref's of that game did and we know which team that was.

I think if you look closely on the flags of the refs youll see they arnt flags at all....they are the steelers terrible towels :):)

Bad game and bad day for the nfl. I guess they just wanted a story to sell.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Mon 6 Feb 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
i have been an American Football fan all my life supporting Green Bay but i cant recall a Superbowl were 1 team had so many fans to the oppostion?? i saw around the stadium and Pittsburgh had way more fans that Seattle. I no Pittsburgh aint far away from Detriot but surely the allocations for tickets should be equal to both teams? I am from England so could anyone explain whether there was and equal quantity per team and that Seattle couldnt sell them all or whether this is natural which i think is highly unfair!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Mon 6 Feb 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree Phase.. rothilsberger was never over!! the sky sports commentators even sed the officals were cheating! but if the Seattle field goal kicker Josh Brown had converted them 2 chances it would of been a 5 point game and maybe a different outcome... but yeah the story was set out for Jerome Bettis (The Bus) to win his 1st ever SuperBowl in his homeland!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Mon 6 Feb 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wow the commentators on sky actually said cheating??

Was it the studio with kevin and shaun or the steeler fan nick whilst commentating?

I watched it on itv as i have "sky" but with NTL so i couldnt listen to the madden coverage (although i watched it again today with it on) and i didnt want to listen to nick hallin's commentary at all.

I have read bits on how superbowl tickets are allocated, but let me say this...the tickets go to those with money, not those from the home town as its meant to be a commerical and "american day" thing. the teams are irrelevant at this stage. Funny how everyone knew it would be a home game for the steelers tho isnt it.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Superbowl XXL

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.