Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
19:41 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well its the end of another year of rain and strawberrys!

What can we say! well what a year

Ladies: well done williams (like i was going to be wrong with name) :-p

Also nadal good final and well played.

Wow spain on fire at the moment

Football, wimbeldon, golf next stop the world!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:43 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Garcia for Loch Lomond you think crazzy?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:20 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
crazzymadman said:

Ill go back to my earlier argument! is this a posh boys sport or are we going to have some talent coming into the game, i suppose the same said about footy and cricket??

I will agree with this... half the people who go to watch wimbledon are only there because its the place to be and 'Sir Cliff' is there (apart from most of those sat upon Henman Hill or Murray Mt or whtever it is now)

I think footy will always be a game for everyone making it hard to catagorise And i don't know about cricket to be honest

Great match well deserved Nadal

Edited at 01:21 Mon 7/07/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:06 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
So Posh people only go to watch tennis because it's the 'in' thing? Really, I've never heard such a statement!

By Posh you mean having money? Being Middle Class?

So you have to be a working class/lower class hooligan to go watch Football?

So where does Rugby come in all this?

Really people you should hear yourselves!

It shouldn't matter what your background is - if you're talented you're talented. Many a footballer has come from priviliged backgrounds; many have not. What matters is sportsman work hard to get where they are and deserve to be there.

It's this kind of thinking that creates barriers with class ect!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:08 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
So Posh people only go to watch tennis because it's the 'in' thing? Really, I've never heard such a statement!

By Posh you mean having money? Being Middle Class?

So you have to be a working class/lower class hooligan to go watch Football?

So where does Rugby come in all this?

Really people you should hear yourselves!

It shouldn't matter what your background is - if you're talented you're talented. Many a footballer has come from priviliged backgrounds; many have not. What matters is sportsman work hard to get where they are and deserve to be there.

It's this kind of thinking that creates barriers with class ect!

Well said John
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:35 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
does anyone else reckon they should create a tennis premier league ?? like they have done with darts, snooker, and lotsa other sports ? i thinks a tennis premier league with the top 8 players in the world in it would be amazing

1 Federer , R.
2 Nadal , R.
3 Djokovic , N.
4 Ferrer , D.
5 Davydenko , N.
6 Roddick , A.
7 Nalbandian , D.
8 Murray , A

Edited at 20:39 Mon 7/07/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well they have the season ending masters for the top 8 players in the world
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
__talented__ said:
Well they have the season ending masters for the top 8 players in the world

i mean a proper league though like darts and snooker have, were they play a game once a week or summit, and play at different venues and court conditions
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:56 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Would wreck their calender though. And Andy Murray wouldn't be in the top 8..........
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh but gotta have a brit in it or no one here would watch it ha ha, and yeh true but i just think it would be a nice one of thing, would be great to see, and for fans
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
But they already have loads of tournements, and you normally get to see all the top players in the world!

We don't wanna take up any more time from Roger or Rafa - think of all that charity work they'd be missing out on!!
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
18:12 Tue 8 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I always see working class kids playing on the streets! oh thats right thats football not tennis!!!

So i agree lets not claim this is a difference class game and all people play the sport.... not from where i sit

I after admit nice to see young talent come in the game and Nadel winning was a diamond!

Its a shame that all them over paid sports people dont give a little back for us sad but commited fans!!! (man u season ticket holder)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:39 Tue 8 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I played on a full size tennis court for the first time on holiday.

couldnt get over the size of it. The player's must be so fit to play a game on that for nearly 5 hours.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Tue 8 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Tennis is a great game, i have played a little bit and i watch a little bit. The one thing that gets on my nerves thouh is the people who turn up to watch wimbledon, the ones that have friends in high places and therefore get priority over everybody else. It really does get my back up!

This is similar to the public schoolboy image of rugby union, i don't know about any of you, but of those of us who went to comprehensive schools actually play rugby union? Not that i would want to, i like the feel of having the ball in my hands, not chasing after one for an hour and 20 mins.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:39 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I played Rugby at school. Just a normal state school!

Most of the kids who were in the team came from a council estate from down the road - that said my school was diverse and had children from all walks of life, nationalities; religions and faiths! So there was some 'posh' boys in the team - but thery can't help being posh anymore so than I can help being common! It was never a real issue.

I can't see how Rugby Union would have this name for itself. If it does then it's silly!
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

wimbledon 2008

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.