Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
18:52 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
When will england have a true great tennis player! OK tim was average! but never won our game (wimbeldon) We are now loooking and praying on a young scot lad, come on Murray buts what the chances!!

I think the way this country has changed! Tennis is not a working class game and i never see the locals kids knocking a tennis ball on the wall (grrr just a football and im going to shout in a minute) :-P

Not unless you had a Dad like the Williams monsters!! Good luck still a great sport to watch

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:01 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
fair enough mate but he has got talent.however theres lads in the game round about the same age that have got a hell of alot more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:32 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that Feder is going to win it. He is the best player i think.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:39 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Id like to think nadal can take it away from him this year.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
He's got a very good chance.

Nadal out played Murray though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:06 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks like it might be closer this year. Still think Federer can turn it on at the touch of a button!

Good to watch though, both of them. They both have a fantastic attitude too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Too true i just hope djokovic can up his game a bit further next year.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:11 Fri 4 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Federer for his 6th!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:00 Fri 4 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
how predictable a fed-nadal final, but looking forward to some fed revenge on sunday.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Fri 4 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
i'm getting sick of seeing these two in finals haha
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
19:43 Fri 4 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Fedder and nadal and the williams sisters!

Just shows there aint a lot more in the ranks!

Ill go back to my earlier argument! is this a posh boys sport or are we going to have some talent coming into the game, i suppose the same said about footy and cricket??

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:22 Fri 4 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Not true at all i dont think nadal has been brought up as a posh boy.i know he has famous relatives but he has a very good attitude toward the game and i definately wouldnt call him a posh boy!

He is only 23 and if he ain't talented then i don't know the meaning of the word!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:06 Sat 5 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't see the relevence of a sportsmans background - so long as they treat the sport and it's fan good!

There are lots of 'up and coming' talent in the game, it's just that Federer and Nadal are the best at this moment. Someone has to be - a little like Sampras and Agassi!

Edited by forum moderator 1_eye, at 20:35 Sat 5/07/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:29 Sat 5 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on John! At least spell Pete SampraS' name right! He's a legend and has to have his name spelt correctly! It's a felony otherwise!

Federer for his 6th, grasscourt king, fairytale of Nadal winning, ruined!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:34 Sat 5 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
i would like to see nadal win it, but sayin that would be great to see federer win his 6th in a row, these two are creating a huge rivalry, one of the best since days of bjorn, mc enroe, jimmy connors etc, will be a great game i know that, aint sure if federer will win, but saying that like someone else said he got it in him to up his level in the flick of a switch, nadal will have to be at his very best..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:45 Sat 5 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Federer will definately have the hunger for it, people are writing him off and believing Nadal is the new number one. To be honest I think he will want to destroy him and show everyone he is the best. He has got a point to prove. Federer in four sets
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:25 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
crazzymadman said:
When will england have a true great tennis player! OK tim was average! but never won our game (wimbeldon) We are now loooking and praying on a young scot lad, come on Murray buts what the chances!!

I think the way this country has changed! Tennis is not a working class game and i never see the locals kids knocking a tennis ball on the wall (grrr just a football and im going to shout in a minute) :-P

Not unless you had a Dad like the Williams monsters!! Good luck still a great sport to watch

laura robson is looking like one for the future
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done nadal.Very much deserved i think.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Was a great match to watch! Very well deserved!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:23 Sun 6 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought Roger was going to take it....was well deserved,he dominated the year

lets hope andy murray can win it soon.seeing there's no irish tennis players lol
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

wimbledon 2008

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.