khan fight. good or bad?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:26 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Good ole' Frank won't have a choice. Khan is an ambitious fighter, I think he'll take on anyone, I truely do. Whether he wins or not is another matter for the night to decide.

Joe Calzaghe will; and could of beat Roy Jones in his prime. You seem to forget America has had no talent at that weight for the past 10 years - when Calzaghe offered America a fight they all backed down. Typical arrogant America (boxing that is) expecting the fight to come to them -wasn't willing to chase the champ!

The chumps Roy has fought made him look good!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I hope your right mate but from what ive seen of roy he is a well rounded fightesort of the same as joe but with the knockout power joe aint got
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
18:40 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to lean on the side of one_eye here! Joe is one hell off a fighter and didnt really come to light he beat Chris Eubank at the tender age off 25. So Khan has still 4-5 years left off learning from his mistakes! How has this gone into a compare Khan versus Joe, i dont think you can ever do that! The kid has a lot to learn in the sport! Lets hope the fame and money doesnt ruin him like the Prince! Where did he end up!!

Has anyone ever met Don King! i know its off the subject but that man has the worlds biggest hair and hes like 6ft 5. I met him in new york and was WTF!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:26 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
You obviously know nothing if you think frank don't have a choice , whatever Amir does has to be ok'd by frank. Khan has 4-5 years in the sport as long as frank and AMIR avoids the names i mentioned previously
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
02:51 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
stevie_boro said:
You obviously know nothing if you think frank don't have a choice , whatever Amir does has to be ok'd by frank. Khan has 4-5 years in the sport as long as frank and AMIR avoids the names i mentioned previously

A what part did i say 'Frank didnt have a choice'

I agree if Frank wanted to put him forward to fight the names you mentioned then that would be his and the figters choice, Frank IMO is waiting untill he has Grown up, remember he is still a young man.

What about Ricky Hatton should he carry on fighting or just retire!

Edited at 07:53 Thu 3/07/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:47 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Hatton was done over by two Americans (Maywether and Ref) doesn't mean he ain't a champ!

Frank wants Amir for a very long time so won't upset him too much. If Amir wants the fight soon - he'll get it, Frank is only his manager and Amir will ultimately make the choice - just as Hatton did.

In 4-5 years time Khan will be a totally different boxer. People make me laugh when they call a boxer 'glass jawed' just because they've gone down a couple of times. If they get up - they have every chance of becoming a champ.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:23 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Too right mate look at lewis.You dont hear people calling him glass jaw and he was dropped a couple of times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:54 Thu 3 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Indeed! I use to love watching Lewis fight. Very much my era of boxing which I can actually remember. many a nights spent up watching PPV. And Lewis was a gentleman and an excellent example of boxing. Style, finess and the most amazing jab hook lead I've ever seen. One punch from Rahman put him down once, soon bounced back from it in style!

All that matters is the result I suppose........
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:07 Thu 11 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Hatton was done over by two Americans (Maywether and Ref) doesn't mean he ain't a champ!

Frank wants Amir for a very long time so won't upset him too much. If Amir wants the fight soon - he'll get it, Frank is only his manager and Amir will ultimately make the choice - just as Hatton did.

In 4-5 years time Khan will be a totally different boxer. People make me laugh when they call a boxer 'glass jawed' just because they've gone down a couple of times. If they get up - they have every chance of becoming a champ.

Hate to say i told ye so
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Sun 14 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I like Calzaghe but i think he will get beat if he does fight fight Jones Jr. I personaly think he struggled to beat a well past his prime Hopkins aswell.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:44 Tue 16 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
stevie_boro said:
1_eye said:

Hate to say i told ye so

Some people try to walk before they can run!

Lennox Lewis is the best champ this world has ever seen. He grew into one of the best boxers in the world choosing to fight when he knew he was ready. I know everyone goes on about the Rahman knockout, and fair enough it happens when they become complacent. However he came back from that, chose the right tactics and in that instant became one of the best!

I'm not gonna say Khan can be one of the best of a division I know little about. However he has good movement and power, perhaps needs to learn how to defend - I think alot of boxers would of gone down with the punches thrown that night!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:24 Tue 16 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
stevie_boro said:
1_eye said:

Hate to say i told ye so

Some people try to walk before they can run!

Don't you mean run before they can walk?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Tue 16 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lol some people aye always taking it one step at a time =p
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:34 Tue 16 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
D'oh!

You know what I mean!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:13 Wed 17 Sep 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Im a big boxing fan and the fight between Calzaghe, Jones Jnr could go either way but i wud av 2 go for calzaghe because jones has been inactive for a while and Calzaghe is a gr8 fighter, not to say Jones isnt but he hasn't had a fight in a while.

And Khan well if anybody has got fight night the game lets just say his chin would be 5%
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

khan fight. good or bad?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.