Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:34 Sat 21 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
What did people think?

I thought the ref could of let it go a bit longer although gomez wasnt going to last much longer i think he had the heart to keep going for another round or two.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:44 Sat 21 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed, was a good night though. I enjoyed it...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:38 Mon 23 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
You cant really blame the ref for stopping the fight. Yes his main job is to inforce the rules but he also has to look out for the fighters well being.

I cant wait till Khan gets beat. I would like to see how he copes with a loss.
canamir
canamir
12:53 Thu 26 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
It was a very good fight. Khans hardest by the far, If Khan comes up against a man with the abilities of Gomez, but a bit faster he is going to struggle!

He needs to put the effort in at the gym now, if he wants to hold onto the belt.
cityfan84
cityfan84
15:45 Sat 28 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
glass jaw Khan is a joke..he's another audley harrison getting pampered and notching up the wins. Soon as he fights someone decent he will show his true colour.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Sat 28 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Now your just being silly. He's no more pampered than Joe Calzaghe!

He's young and raw, I think he'll keep getting better as he goes on. His hand speed and power are amazing - he just needs to learn patience and timing!

Many a great champ have come from the mat..........
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:39 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:
glass jaw Khan is a joke

Come off it if he had a glass jaw he wouldnt of bounced straight back up.The knock down didnt hurt him but the body blow he received a round or two later did.

I admit he needs alot of work still but he has unquestionable talent and is the same as every young sportsman in britain(far too much expectation early on).
cityfan84
cityfan84
07:51 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
ok maybe i was a bit harsh but wales would look good if they kept playing san marino in football wouldnt they
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:01 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't really know where your coming from. The guyhas fought ex-World champs and won, a couple of British champs and won. Seems like a perfectly reasonable progression into fighting the Worlds best - or should he go and fight the very best straight the way?

I remember a certain Welshman having to do the same......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:
glass jaw Khan is a joke..he's another audley harrison getting pampered and notching up the wins. Soon as he fights someone decent he will show his true colour.

i actually agree with that. Same thing happened with Prince Naseem (sp?).

Frank Warren hand picking a lower class of fighter to keep Khans unbeaten run going whilst making himself even richer.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree Frank is in it for the money but that dosent take away from the fact khan has fought a couple of decent fighters.not great id admit but he is making progres and like 1eye said he cant just be thrown in with the best instantly.hes a young lad with alot of time on his hands so why rush into something he aint ready for.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
19:35 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
So Frank Warren doesnt know what hes doing!!! yes right! RUBBISH!

Hes has been at the top for many years! Khan has been groomed to be the best, why rush it 'u cant win anything with kids' famous quote!

Let him gain his experience and he will be the best there has been!

Seen him fight live and have to admit he is good, more to come i think! win or lose he will be around for a number of years

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:46 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
cant agree more mate.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
14:21 Mon 30 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
crazzymadman said:
So Frank Warren doesnt know what hes doing!!! yes right! RUBBISH!

Hes has been at the top for many years! Khan has been groomed to be the best, why rush it 'u cant win anything with kids' famous quote!

Let him gain his experience and he will be the best there has been!

Seen him fight live and have to admit he is good, more to come i think! win or lose he will be around for a number of years

well said m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:03 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
at the end off the day its the refs decision if he sees a fighter is unfit to continue he will stop it but the fighter will always say it was a premature stoppage and complain listen to the ref hes not being biest hes there for the saftey off both fighters..(ive gone off track a bit lol)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:34 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
da_chump said:
You cant really blame the ref for stopping the fight. Yes his main job is to inforce the rules but he also has to look out for the fighters well being.

I cant wait till Khan gets beat. I would like to see how he copes with a loss.

exactly mate. what i said only better!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:55 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Now your just being silly. He's no more pampered than Joe Calzaghe!

Now that's silly, you really cannot compare the 2 :S Joe is world champ and has fought in america and conquered.

Kahn hasn't hardly fought outside of the north west. ime for him to have a propper fight to see how good he is.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd hardly call beating an old man, and only just beating an old has-been, conquering America!

I think it's perfectly reasonable to compare the two, both were managed by the same man.

Khan will be a world champ - given time. Unfortunately too many people listen to the media and think that he should be able to do it now. You think Joe was a world champ at 21, and all conquering? I can only remember one boxer who was a real champ at 21, and he soon fell from grace. It's all about timing! I think you become a better fighter at about 25+ in Khan's division.

Joe would of conquered America if anyone had the guts to fight him when he, and they, were prime. Now it's gonna be Joe trying to beat up dirty old men.......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:43 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Although i kind of agree with that 1eye i still think joe will be stopped by roy jones if they do end up in the ring.Joe is a fantastic fighter but roy jones is in a class of his own.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:

Bang on mate, don't get me wrong Amir is a good fighter with decent skills but im afraid as soon as he meets any of these lot (JOEL CASAMAYOR,NATE CAMPBELL,MANNY PACQUIAO or JUAN DIAZ he will get knocked out, but good ole Frank won't let that happen will he?
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

khan fight. good or bad?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.