European Football and stuff

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:52 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Been looking through threads and all i keep reading is Arsenal this and Liverpool that.

Everyone knows the premiership is on it's bum! 4 penalties a game and becoming a non-contact sport.

Just fancied creating a post highlighting the rise to the top of the best footballing nation in the world. Scotland.

Although Aberdeen's disappointing 2-2 draw at home with Bayern Munich this week, Celtic pumping Barcelona and Rangers hammering Panathanaikos looms closer. An eventual Aberdeen v Rangers UEFA Cup Final looks almost a formality.

Capello, who gives a.........

*****Post not meant to be taken seriously, just got a bit bored********

Edited at 21:53 Sun 17/02/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:19 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Celtic to lose, Aberdeen to fall dramatically.
Rangers to fail in UEFA, it's all good.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry to involve the premiership but how would you rank the spl teams in the premiership. Who would survive and where would they come? Just curious to know a scottish view.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Kilmarnock along the lines of Waterlooville.

Celtic along the lines of Ipswich.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
16:38 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
rangers n celtic would do ok- theyd survive- the rest would tumble thru the leagues into football oblivion ( iv been to scotland loadsa times west:P)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:39 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
The old firm teams would survive in the premiership but just. I'd put them on par with the likes of Sunderland or Reading, not the greatest quality but a lot of heart.

An Old Firm fan will tell you different though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nah you're right colins, i reckon Rangers and Celtic would be mid league in premiership.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
rangers n celtic would do ok- theyd survive- the rest would tumble thru the leagues into football oblivion ( iv been to scotland loadsa times west:P)

Wouldn't tumble into football oblivion. Aberdeen and Hibs would be kicking about Championship/League 1.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:44 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
But then again if they survive more players would want to join them because of their history so they may improve within ten years to the champions league. I would love those two to be included in the near future but the spl will end up like the irish league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:47 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, the SPL would benefit as a football league in terms of competition. The financial aspects would drop and therefore lower standard.

As long as I does not affect the national team I'd be all for it.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
16:52 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
colins said:
madmiketyson said:

Wouldn't tumble into football oblivion. Aberdeen and Hibs would be kicking about Championship/League 1.

yeah and with all the money in england in the prem those sides would be in oblivion with us
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Scotland at the minute is a breading ground for young scottish players at the minute.

Players like James McFadden, Ross Wallace, Craig Gordon all doing good jobs in the premiership. And Alan Hutton who is one of the best right backs in Britain.

And premiership teams sending up their young talents for first team football, Anthony Stokes, Adam Hamill, the young guy Walker who scored a scream against some German sunday league team on Thursday.

I even hear that Real Madrid are keeping tabs on Steven Fletcher (young Hibs striker)

Edited at 22:54 Sun 17/02/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:35 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha. Aberdeen and Rangers are both getting dumped out of the UEFA Cup by the Germans (Bremen to beat Rangers). Celtic should just give up now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:43 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's Panathanaikos schuldiner, and they're Greek.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:48 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't think Celtic will get hammered, I hope for similar to the Milan games of recent years.

Edited at 12:49 Mon 18/02/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:58 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I disagree Colins.
Barca will take them to the cleaners as they did with Rangers. In my view Celtic have a team that can perform well...in Scotland.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:07 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not doubting that they will get beat, just not a pumping.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:30 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
It's Panathanaikos schuldiner, and they're Greek.

I know it is.
They'll beat Panathinaikos. They play either Bremen or Braga in the next round. That's when they're getting knocked out.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:22 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
colins said:
Scotland at the minute is a breading ground for young scottish players at the minute.

Players like James McFadden, Ross Wallace, Craig Gordon all doing good jobs in the premiership. And Alan Hutton who is one of the best right backs in Britain.

And premiership teams sending up their young talents for first team football, Anthony Stokes, Adam Hamill, the young guy Walker who scored a scream against some German sunday league team on Thursday.

I even hear that Real Madrid are keeping tabs on Steven Fletcher (young Hibs striker)

Edited at 22:54 Sun 17/02/08 (GMT)

LOL! Craig Gordon doing well in the prem! The most overrated unrelaible keeper who struggles to get in the Sunderland team! Yeah what class!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:13 Mon 18 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
100% Agree with Tally here, Craig Gordon is whack! Not even in the top 10 of 'keepers in the prem.

Though McFadden doing well? Hes average at best, Hence why David Moyes snapped Birmingham's hands off, when they came in for McFadden.

But yeahh we want Steven Fletcher apparently, I wouldn't come if I was him though, he'd just rot away in the reserves and get sold to a European minnow a few years down the line.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

European Football and stuff

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.