fa cup 5th round

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
If Cardiff were worried about getting into Europe that much....they would have opted out of the English FA and joined the Welsh League.......Not gonna happen, to much revenue would be lost......One Swallow does not make a summer....!!

BUT..........OH yhe prestige of taking the FA Cup from it's homeland again would be immense...May even overshadow our Grand slam in Rugby...dunno *Shrugs*

It's good to be Welsh at the moment tho eh?

cityfan84
cityfan84
14:05 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
As for the comments of them not standing a chance of winning anything in Europe, I'm sure something of the same would of been said about this FA cup situation!

took the words out of my mouth
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:58 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
stellaman said:
If Cardiff were worried about getting into Europe that much....they would have opted out of the English FA and joined the Welsh League.......Not gonna happen, to much revenue would be lost......One Swallow does not make a summer....!!

BUT..........OH yhe prestige of taking the FA Cup from it's homeland again would be immense...May even overshadow our Grand slam in Rugby...dunno *Shrugs*

Funny how you post when they're winning........

So there is absolutely no chance of them getting in? Ah well, looks like Portsmouth can take the spot.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:20 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:

just choose the right moment mate Blam Blam
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:29 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_goonies said:
cityfan84 said:
__talented__ said:
haha, thats funny Well I guess thats the underserved penaltly of being a Welsh team in an English league

Not as funny as a welsh team winning the fa cup ( if we do) few welsh teams and how many english enter??

I think if we win it there will be a big battle for us to enter europe. I think the rules might just change, but if not who cares . We would have won the fa cup

ooo harsh. im guessing your a middlesbrough fan! lmao

like rob said who cares. though didnt they change something when liverpool won the champions league? something about too many english teams? i remember talk about it but not what was said. i know its different cups but surely it should be changed too

haha, naa Lisa, Leeds utd, I want West Brom or Cardiff to win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:24 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shouldn't be changed at all, Welsh teams represent Wales - English teams represent England enough said.

But in the very unlikely event that Cardiff through some miracle actually manage to win the FA Cup, then the place in Europe should go to the runner up.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
12:28 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah i guess he has some input lol!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:00 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:
Shouldn't be changed at all, Welsh teams represent Wales - English teams represent England enough said.

But in the very unlikely event that Cardiff through some miracle actually manage to win the FA Cup, then the place in Europe should go to the runner up.

i guess you aint been watching the games or keeping touch of the score lines. but just incase

ooo man u out; along with chelsea and liverpool who BARNSLEY beat. who would have thought that? so yeah miracles do happen and remember its the magic of the fa cup so anything can happen

booooo cardiff game on sky

Portsmouth's FA Cup semi-final against West Brom will be shown live on BBC One at 1215 BST on Saturday, 5 April.

Harry Redknapp's side, the only Premier League outfit still left in the competition, drew the Saturday lunchtime kick-off at Wembley.

The other semi-final between Barnsley and Cardiff will take place at 1600 BST on 6 April and will be shown on Sky
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:21 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
stellaman said:
1_eye said:

just choose the right moment mate Blam Blam

I post, win or lose!

Although my comment shouldn't just be aimed at you, it happens with alot of nationalities; their team starts winning, they start posting, bit like England in the World Cup, only now it leaves me posting all alone with the Welsh bragging......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:04 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:

By that logic, Monaco shouldn't be allowed to compete in Europe as a representative of France.

If the FA allow Cardiff to play in the English league and English cup competitions, they should allow them to represent us in Europe. You can argue that Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport should be playing in Wales, but the fact is they aren't. As long as they play in England, they should be allowed to represent England in Europe.
cityfan84
cityfan84
17:55 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
schuldiner said:
lewis007 said:

By that logic, Monaco shouldn't be allowed to compete in Europe as a representative of France.

If the FA allow Cardiff to play in the English league and English cup competitions, they should allow them to represent us in Europe. You can argue that Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport should be playing in Wales, but the fact is they aren't. As long as they play in England, they should be allowed to represent England in Europe.

Lewis read this someone who talks sense
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
LOL yeah okay 'Cityfan' forgotten you are the words of wisdom.

If Cardiff wanted to go in Europe they should of stayed in their Welsh league and got into Europe that way. They knew the consequences when they joined the English leagues, stupid farts.

And Lisa ofcourse I've watched the the games, I even have FA Cup tickets do you? Have you actually been to any games this season? Surprise me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:01 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
stellaman said:

as stella said

but the thing is we (cardiff people) first said that we dont care if we dont get into europe if we do happen to win it. just everybody is taking about it and we are giving our opinions

unfortunately im not privileged like some cocky person to go to games off daddy/mummy expense, but i have been to premier league game (spurs 125th year game to be exact) even though my main team is in london.

also im a rugby fan. i go to those games more ty

god you do my head in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Wed 12 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:
If Cardiff wanted to go in Europe they should of stayed in their Welsh league and got into Europe that way. They knew the consequences when they joined the English leagues, stupid farts.

Not true actually. When they originally joined the English league, they were still allowed to compete in Europe by winning the Welsh Cup, and the FAW have been looking into the possibility of this being reintroduced.

FIFA banned them from entering Europe this way sometime in the '70s, and then the English based teams were kicked out of the Welsh Cup in 1995 (I think by UEFA).

Anyway, either let Cardiff in or kick Monaco out. I'm sure if Cardiff were a big Premiership team, the governing bodies would see things differently.
cityfan84
cityfan84
05:18 Thu 13 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:
LOL yeah okay 'Cityfan' forgotten you are the words of wisdom.

And Lisa ofcourse I've watched the the games, I even have FA Cup tickets do you? Have you actually been to any games this season? Surprise me.

Thanks first person who said that to me im touched As for Cardiff staying in the welsh league, they have never been in there to stay there. Also when there was talk about rangers and celtic coming to the prem they would have been allowed to go into europe. Also well done on having your fa cup ticket as they aint even on sale yet. Maybe the dream of the fa cup has got to you to muchYou support real madrid? they aint in the fa cup sorry.

Cardiff to win the ENGLISH fa cup........

this is for the people who dont understand..

Cardiff City was formed in 1899 as Riverside A.F.C. by Bartley Wilson as a way of keeping players from the Riverside Cricket Club together and in shape during the winter months. Their first season saw them playing friendlies against local sides at their Sophia Gardens ground, but in 1900 they joined the Cardiff & District League for their first competitive season. In 1905 Cardiff was granted city status by King Edward VII and so the club put in a request to change their name to Cardiff City, but the request was turned down as they were deemed to be not playing at a high enough level. To combat this they arranged to join the South Wales Amateur League in 1907 and the following year they were granted permission to change the name of the club to Cardiff City.

Interest in the club began to rise but they were forced to turn down the oppurtunity to join the newly formed Southern League Second Division due to the lack of facilities at their Sophia Gardens ground. Over the next two years Cardiff welcomed many of Britain's top sides to Cardiff, including Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Crystal Palace, with the matches being played at various grounds in Cardiff and nearby towns. Encouraged by the support the club had recieved Bartley Wilson contacted Bute Estate, who owned large amounts of Cardiff at the time, in an attempt to find land suitable for building a stadium. They eventually agreed on an area of waste ground on Sloper Road. The land was a former rubbish tip and required extensive work to

Edited at 10:27 Thu 13/03/08 (GMT)
cityfan84
cityfan84
05:30 Thu 13 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
get a playable surface, but with the assistance of Cardiff Corporation and volunteers the work was completed. The ground was originally to be known as Sloper Park but was instead named after Lord Ninian Crichton-Stuart, who was a large force in helping the club getthe ground built, and became Ninian Park. The club made its first signing the following year with the accquisition of Jack Evans from Cwmparc.

With the new ground Cardiff joined the Southern League Second Division and Bartley Wilson was quick to hire the clubs first manager in Davy McDougall who became player-manager. Their first match was a 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa with new signing Evans scoring their only goal. They went on to finish in an impressive foruth place in their first year in the league. They stayed in the division for the next decade, apart from when the league was suspended due to the outbreak of World War One.
Cardiff City has been playing in the english since before the Welsh league begin... And they stayed there........

Here is a clip of the in europe against real madrid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmFiTCLObo

Was only gonna be one winner really

Edited at 10:55 Thu 13/03/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:00 Thu 13 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Errr, the FA Cup final tickets get given to corporates (before the 1/4's) being my mothers boyfriend, ironic old chap?

I support Real Madrid probably been to see them more times this season than you have Cardiff...

Cardiff were in the Welsh leagues a long long time ago but got invited to the English leagues knowing the full possibilities that could occur, ironic old chap?

They also won the Welsh cup every year a long long time ago before your granddad was alive, you should know your clubs history if you do actually support them, ironic old chap?

But then again you have to trawl Wikipedia for your information, it ain't reliable mate like Cardiff's league form, ironic old chap?

All I'm saying is that in my OPINION yes opinion search Wiki to know the meaning, Cardiff shouldn't go into Europe through the FA Cup, others like yourself will differ in opinion fair enough, we'll have a squabble if Cardiff do win the FA Cup... all this fuss is over nothing I feel.

Edited at 12:02 Thu 13/03/08 (GMT)
cityfan84
cityfan84
14:19 Thu 13 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:

I support Real Madrid probably been to see them more times this season than you have Cardiff...

Edited at 12:02 Thu 13/03/08 (GMT)

Love that part of the post, im not going to get into little arguements over someones thoughts.

Lets get back to the thread anyway ... bluebirds!!!!!!
cityfan84
cityfan84
14:23 Thu 13 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
So dan you want to meet for a drink?

Edited at 19:26 Thu 13/03/08 (GMT)
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

fa cup 5th round

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.