fa cup 5th round

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:09 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
what if cardiff win the cup though- they arent allowed to represent england in europe so does the uefa cup spot go to the next highest prem team or what?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:20 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep i suppose so Never mind the "What if" Though. I told ya, i have this feeling
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:22 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would be a shame, they'd deserve it, and just imagine all the revenue it'd bring. Are you sure they can't enter through winning the FA cup?
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:27 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
BBC SPORT said:
As it stands, if Cardiff win the Cup they will not be allowed to enter the Uefa Cup, as Uefa regulations prevent the Welsh side from playing in European competition as England's representative.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7286364.stm
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:19 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
haha, thats funny Well I guess thats the underserved penaltly of being a Welsh team in an English league

Edited at 20:20 Mon 10/03/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:31 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
stellaman said:
40.000 tickets each !! I'm bound to get a ticket.....does barnsley have 40,000 inhabitants??
We'll have half of yours mate!!

JK..... Should be a cracker !! The cup is different though mate YOU know that!

Got a feeling about this though.....Like i had the same feeling about the 6 Nations Rugby....

the teams av onli got 33,000 each m8 haha so u mite not get 1
cityfan84
cityfan84
15:40 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
__talented__ said:
haha, thats funny Well I guess thats the underserved penaltly of being a Welsh team in an English league

Not as funny as a welsh team winning the fa cup ( if we do) few welsh teams and how many english enter??

I think if we win it there will be a big battle for us to enter europe. I think the rules might just change, but if not who cares . We would have won the fa cup

Edited at 20:40 Mon 10/03/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:
__talented__ said:

Not as funny as a welsh team winning the fa cup ( if we do) few welsh teams and how many english enter??

I think if we win it there will be a big battle for us to enter europe. I think the rules might just change, but if not who cares . We would have won the fa cup

Edited at 20:40 Mon 10/03/08 (GMT)

uve gotta get past the might of the super tykes 1st m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:08 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopefully barnsley will win against cardiff so they have the chance to get into europe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:38 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:
__talented__ said:

ooo harsh. im guessing your a middlesbrough fan! lmao

like rob said who cares. though didnt they change something when liverpool won the champions league? something about too many english teams? i remember talk about it but not what was said. i know its different cups but surely it should be changed too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_goonies said:
cityfan84 said:
__talented__ said:

ooo harsh. im guessing your a middlesbrough fan! lmao

like rob said who cares. though didnt they change something when liverpool won the champions league? something about too many english teams? i remember talk about it but not what was said. i know its different cups but surely it should be changed too

But surely they won't change it for a team who don't stand a chance? least with liverpool they had a chance
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:54 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol you tell that to a barnsley fan or the other teams who knocked out big teams

though aint that the whole point of the fa cup so that anyone has a chance of winning it and going on into europe?? who cares if they have a chance or not
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:57 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
No i was stating the fact that it aint the end of the world if cardiff dont enter in it because they really dont stand a chance, why dont they move to the welsh leagues?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
The runner-up would get the uefa spot if cardiff end up winning it, but not gona get past the super reds so its a minor technicality.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
presh_86 said:
The runner-up would get the uefa spot if cardiff end up winning it, but not gona get past the super reds so its a minor technicality.

The runner up gets uefa cup spot anyways
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
18:09 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
_armsrace_ said:
presh_86 said:

The runner up gets uefa cup spot anyways

the runner up gets the uefa cup spot because every year since '95 the team who has won the FA Cup has qualified for The champions league.
The actual rule is the Fa Cup Winners get a uefa cup spot but because manu or liverpool etc usually win it, the runners up get the spot- if the runners up also qualify for the champs league (like last year) then it goes to the next highest placed team in the prem who arent already in europe
cityfan84
cityfan84
20:52 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
_armsrace_ said:
No i was stating the fact that it aint the end of the world if cardiff dont enter in it because they really dont stand a chance, why dont they move to the welsh leagues?

Its not that they dont stand a chance, but if they were supposed to get a spot they would deserve it. Just like stoke if they win the championship they wont stand a chance of winning the prem but thats there prize for there proformace through out the season, just like cardiff through out the fa cup

I think we have a bunch of arsenal, man u, chelsea . liverpool fans posting here
cityfan84
cityfan84
07:20 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
o well seems like there not gonna change there mind http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3280199,00.html
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:25 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
well ur ant got owt to play for now may aswell lets us win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Tue 11 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think the rule should be changed, Cardiff would very much deserve their spot! As for the comments of them not standing a chance of winning anything in Europe, I'm sure something of the same would of been said about this FA cup situation!

Maybe the FA cup should go British or something?
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

fa cup 5th round

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.