Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:03 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
anyone going to be up to watch that tomorrow night/early sunday morning?
should be a really good fight. im not into boxing but im going to watch this match. well all that i can stay awake for!
who do you reckon will win? come on joe!
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
19:13 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
come on joe then u can fight carl froch
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
What channel is it on? PPV?

Should be a real good fight, I predict a Calzaghe win. Kessler seems one dimensional to me.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
19:22 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
then i predict carl will knock him out and become the new world champ
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Your gonna be disappointed then
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
19:29 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i doubt it- ever seen carl fight?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
over here in uk its on sentana sports 1. it is a ppv channel. its 538.

(lol sorry rob told me before cos ntl took off sky channels that they gave him that channel free so i thought it was for everyone aswel!)

Edited at 00:34 Sat 3/11/07 (GMT)
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
19:30 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
whoever told u that lied i jus checked lisa
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:34 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
You must have the full Virgin Meia package MMT in order to have Setana available for free

But yeahh this for me is the second biggest fight this year, obviously the biggest will be the Rick Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather Collision.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
19:48 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
*go joe*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:52 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have never seen Carl fight MMT. But if Calzaghe beats Kessler, I can see Calzaghe retiring tbh.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
19:55 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
na he said he will fight froch b4 he retires- if he doesnt hes a liar- carl deserves his crack at calzaghe- hes bin sayin 4 years he can beat him.

I am slightly biased cos carl dont live far from me but i think hed win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well If Kessler takes Calzahe to the limits and Calzaghe marginally beats Kessler on points or something, then I can't see him fighting again. Think he'll just quit while hes ahead.

But if he easily beats Kessler and outclasses him then yeah maybe Calzaghe will have one last pay day. But who has this Carl Froch fought? As I have never heard of the name...
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
20:05 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Carl Froch (born 2 July 1977, Nottingham) is an English super-middleweight boxer. He is unbeaten in 21 professional fights, winning all but 4 of his fights by knockout, earning himself the nickname "The Cobra." He is 6'1". He is the reigning British and Commonwealth super-middleweight champion. He is currently rated the number 1 challenger at super-middleweight by the WBC.

He began boxing at home at 9 years old. Soon after he joined the Phoenix ABC in Gedling, Nottingham. He was very successful as an amateur, winning two ABA middleweight titles in 1999 and 2001, and a World Amateur Boxing Championships bronze in 2001 before turning pro and having his first pro fight in March 2002.

On the 24th November 2006 he defeated highly rated domestic challenger and previous British champion Tony Dodson at the Nottingham Arena by a third round stoppage. In doing so he won a Lonsdale Belt outright, fulfilling an often stated ambition of his.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
20:08 Fri 2 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
he fights robin reid at nottingham arena on the 9th- the winner is the mandatory challener to calzaghe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:35 Sat 3 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well Calzaghes Record speaks for itself 43 fights, 43 wins, 32 of those came from a form of knockout. Hes beaten the likes of Jeff Lacy and Peter Mandfredo. Froch is relatively untested but I'm not disagreeing it would be a good fight.
cityfan84
cityfan84
06:03 Sat 3 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_goonies said:
over here in uk its on sentana sports 1. it is a ppv channel. its 538.

(lol sorry rob told me before cos ntl took off sky channels that they gave him that channel free so i thought it was for everyone aswel!)

Edited at 00:34 Sat 3/11/07 (GMT)

Yeah i got the sentanta sports channels for nothing, but i do have the full virgin media package. I will be watching this fight the build up starts at 20.15pm uk time and the fight starts about 1am uk time. I went to the last fight with manfrado but was over in 4 rounds, so will be staying home to watch this one

For more info about the free sentanta sports channels visit this link http://www.digitaluktv.com/setanta-sports-included-virgin-media-packages/

So guys setanta sports 1 at 20.15pm or if you just wanna see the fight its about 1am

COME ON CALZAGHE!!!!!!!!!

Edited at 11:05 Sat 3/11/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:06 Sat 3 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Aye I too have the full Virgin Media package and have Setanta sports, Maybe MMT Doesn't have the full Virgin Media package? Anywhoo, I don't think this fight will be over as quickly as the Manfrado fight was but with Calzaghe you never know.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sat 3 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Calzaghe is gunna ruin him tonight.
Watching pre match on Setanta now, CMON CALZAGHE!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:07 Sat 3 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo joe

ooooo kessler wants a rematch!

Edited at 02:12 Sun 4/11/07 (GMT)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.