BiG FighT!!!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:30 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Joe Calzaghe makes his historic 20th World Title defence in Cardiff Saturday night against star of The Contender Peter Manfredo.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
A big crowd of around 35,000 is expected for the show, to cheer on the home favourite Calzaghe.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
This will be Calzaghe's 43rd fight and the Welshman still hasn't tasted defeat, more importantly this will be the 20th defence of the WBO Super Middleweight Title that he took from Chris Eubank in 1997.

Edited at 12:31 Sat 7/04/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:31 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Calzaghe is mentally right at the moment he has the lure of big fights like Mikkel Kessler and Jermain Taylor, he's still riding high from the one-sided beating he gave Jeff Lacy in March last year and now in Manfredo he has an opponent who can increase his exposure on the other side of the Pond.

Edited at 12:32 Sat 7/04/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:31 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
His last performance was far from impressive as he battled to a points decision over Australian based Cameroon Sakio Bika in October. Having said that Calzaghe, never really looked in trouble, the only thing that was missing was the desire and lure of a big fight
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:34 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Joe!!!

what do you think guys, who's going to win??!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:48 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I take it no 1 likes boxing?
I guess i will tell my cuz that then
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:13 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I can't see Manfredo causing him too many problems. The super middleweight division is pretty much a one man contest, although Kessler might put up a good fight. Manfredo is gonna get a boxing lesson tonight.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:22 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Well said!!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:24 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i say knock out 4th round???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:30 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
manfredo has been compared to ali by sly and sugar ray leonard that is a big compliment
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:45 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I think a KO is definately on the cards. Maybe later than round 4 though. I think Manfredo has only gone the full 12 rounds once before so he might get sloppy if things aren't going his way (I also want to see a fight longer than 4 rounds ).

He'll go down in the 7th.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:48 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
cke1982 said:
manfredo has been compared to ali by sly and sugar ray leonard that is a big compliment

It's not that surprising. His record says he's the best super middleweight of all time.
white_riot
white_riot
14:59 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Im staying in tonight for this, so it better be a good fight.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:58 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Well that lasted a long time didn't it. Thought Manfredo could have at least gone a few rounds longer.

Edited at 23:00 Sat 7/04/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

3RD ROUND STOP!!!!

close to 4th hahaha have it manfredo!!!
dont mess with the best !!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
cke1982 said:

what was you saying?!!!
white_riot
white_riot
18:10 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
crap...

what did he stop it for? i know he wasn't fighting back but Joe didn't land any decent shots. Manfredo was poor compared. Was no contest really in my opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:13 Sat 7 Apr 07 (BST)  [Link]  
a 3rd rounder, he stopped it cos manfredo never fought back....still he was hardly marked, shud have let it carry on......still Calzaghe still best boxer in the world...pound for pound

bring on the bigger guns
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

BiG FighT!!!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.