Quick free-kick's

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:34 Tue 20 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just been watchin man utd game and saw the quick free kick which led to the only goal which will indefinately put man utd through to the next round

However i think that the goalkeeper should be informed in quick free kick circumstances as it is unfair to be unable to defend a shot....

What are yous views?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Tue 20 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tbh i think i heard the commentator (or my friend) say that they get a dresin down on free kicks etc before hand?!?

duno if thts true but surely footballers should know about the wuick free kicks!!

it was very clever from giggs... jus shows u the golden oldie has still got it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:55 Tue 20 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
was clever dont get me wrong jus think a goalkeeper deserves right to defend a shot
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:04 Tue 20 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
you could see tht giggs asked the ref he he cud take a quick free kick so i dont no wat the french were complaining about. but i do fink tht the ref shouold av a signal to indicate to the keeper that the team are goin to take a quick free kick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Tue 20 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I cant stand man utd, but the point is its called a 'FREE' kick so you should be FREE to do what you want with it, end of day if you commit a foul then you get punished with a free-kcik and in tonights case a goal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:50 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
that is rubbish, it is just bad sportsmanship, the game should have been won by lille they scored fairly, it was clear that altho vidic was touched he quite blatantly dived, if the ref used any common sense it would be lille 1 man u 0, and just as its a FREE kick doesnt mean ur free to do what u like its just not on, i dont see how they could get any satisfaction out of that goal,if they scored from that range fairly they would have realy deserved it but theres just no achievment in doing what they did, id be ashamed to score that goal

Edited at 08:56 Wed 21/02/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:11 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it's fair enough! The goalkeeper should be ready no matter what. The goalkeeper had his chance to defend the shot but wasn't paying attention. As for the freekick being the outcome of a dive, did no Lille players ever dive? You know what my feelings are on diving, i think they all need sending off, or get made to trian with the local rugby team!

On a different subject, what's everyone think to the crowd trouble and managers response? I think it's about time uefa came down hard on these teams and there fans. Doubt they will, that only ever happens in english football!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:32 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
blink182rip said:
but i do fink tht the ref shouold av a signal to indicate to the keeper that the team are goin to take a quick free kick

but surely this would defeat the object of a quick free kick? to catch the opponent of guard and to attack!?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:45 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
if i remember clearly on ITV last night the commentaots in the stands said " the referee clearly moved away from the ball which means the ball was in play. It was a smart decision by ryan giggs"

i think that says it all

Edited at 10:48 Wed 21/02/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:48 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
agreed i heard tht
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:50 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
and if your complaining about manchester united doing it you need to look at who else has done it and was classed as a good goal: thierry henry sometime last year: roanldinho: 2 years ago in champions league against chelsea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:29 Wed 21 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
iv compalined about both of them, although the reaction from the media was very different when it happened against the english team. whilst they say if the referee steps from the ball it is in play, technically it should have been a booking, it was ungentlemanly conduct, which is any bad sportsmanship
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:28 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
According to the rules, the United goal was perfectly legal. Ison, if you think Giggs should have been carded, you need to invest in a copy of the rule book. Whether the rule should be changed is entirely another matter. I don't agree quick free kicks should be allowed within shooting range. However, as long as they are allowed, goalkeepers should know this might happen and be more alert.

The push on Vidic may not have been enough for him to fall over, but had it been the defender pushing the striker, a penalty would have been awarded by almost 100% referees. If that happens, it's only fair that the same happens when a defender gets pushed. Otherwise there's no consistency and it allows strikers to exploit the rules.

The Lille manager's reaction was disgraceful in anyone's eyes, regardless of whether the referee was right or not. I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA kick them out of the competition after that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:39 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
On the subject of crowd trouble, the French police couldn't have handled the situation worse. It was obvious to anyone watching that all the fans were trying to do was escape another Hillsbrough following the complete incompetence of the ground officials. Why would they be attempting a pitch invasion that early on??? Whoever decided it was a good idea to throw tear gas into the crowd should be shot. They were almost as bad as the Portugese police in Oporto at that infamous Porto v United game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:47 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
too clever, too good and next round without a doubt!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:54 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i just think because it is machester united and every team hates them that they think they can get away with trouble like that. they cant. ufea need to throw the book at them and lille need to sort there manager out. that match was a disgrace to football and as for the crowd trouble.OMG dont get me started with that. its a cup for all the elite clubs in the world. where you can see all the biggest action in the world. people dont go to matches to find out that there is nowhere for them to stand or sit.

my verdict: lille should have a stadium lock out and a 2 year ban from all european competitions
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:17 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm really sick and tired of these other forign nations getting away with thses kind of incidents. In Turkey, not that most will need reminding, but fans have suffered serious injury, some even death. What is said? Liverpool got the whole of Britian banned for this kind of behaviour, and i say it was fair then and should be fair now! I think European football is starting to become a laughing stock at the expense of who? There will only be one type of person paying for it in the end, and that US the fans!

And this is just one of the many reasons i watch rugby as a first sport and not football.

I'm more shocked that there isn't a bigger media reaction, nor from our own F.A. Soon enough, when more fans start getting harmed in Italy, Turkey and now France, we shall be saying this could of been avoided! Just like the Heysal tragedy, just like the slaying of two Leeds fans.

Seems the only safe place to go to watch football is England and Germany.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:45 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
in england?? havent u seen football factory or green street!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:52 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I ain't stupid enough to deny there is no football violence in England. I'm pointing more towards the sclae of violence. And i shouldn't believe everything you see in films!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
x_rach_x said:
my verdict: lille should have a stadium lock out and a 2 year ban from all european competitions

To be fair to Lille, the game was actually played in Lens NOT in Lille. Because of this, I assume the United fans with home end tickets were allowed into the away end by RC LENS stadium officials. If that is the case, you can't put too much blame on Lille for the initial mess. It was the manager's reaction to the goal, which incited the Lille fans to throw objects onto the pitch, and also the way the French police handled the situation that I have a problem with.

Oh, and Lille wan't United kicked out of the CL for... wait for it... sending their tickets out too early. Here's the link.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=450045&CPID=5&clid=1&lid=15&title=Lille+point+finger+at+United

Edited at 19:52 Thu 22/02/07 (GMT)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Quick free-kick's

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.