Quick free-kick's

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
the crowd trouble was entirly the fault of a few crooks in manchester selling fake tickets, thats why there were to many ppl in the stand, as it was full of proper ticket holders then the crooks got in with there fakes, after the trouble at psg a cpl of months ago when police shot a fan after riots the police were going to be extreme on any trouble
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:17 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Does that make it ok then ison?

People where being crushed, including children, i though it looked obvious. Also i've been in situations where you have to read someone, and there is a big difference between a scared person who needs help, and a violent football fan!

To be honest ison i think you a mancuniaphobe!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:37 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ison said:
the crowd trouble was entirly the fault of a few crooks in manchester selling fake tickets, thats why there were to many ppl in the stand, as it was full of proper ticket holders then the crooks got in with there fakes

Well, that all depends on who you believe. That is Lille's story and they may just be looking to avoid punishment from UEFA. There may have been some forgeries, but I find it hard to believe that 30% (1500 from 5000 total) of the tickets were fake.

What about the United fans who bought tickets for the home end after United's allocation sold out, and were then told by stadium officials at the gates that they would be ok to join their fellow United fans in the away end. This was the story that was reported BEFORE Lille realised they may be in trouble with UEFA.

United's tickets are always sent out 4-6 weeks before games. Why have there been no problems with forgeries in the past?

Edited at 08:38 Fri 23/02/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:08 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
well said schuldiner
kwan
kwan
06:25 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
well by far lilles goal was a goal ... also the free kick cant count reason whistle wasnt blown, yes the ref sed giggs cud take it however it was unpro reffing by him "no whistle" im not againsts man u as im a rangers fan myself however i should have been a draw, lilles manager was also unpro by taking team of the pitch
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:47 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
kwan, according to the rules, the referee doesn't need to blow the whistle for a quick free kick, as he is signalling the ball is in play by simply moving away (unless he specifically tells the kicker to wait for the whistle). I agree that this rule should be changed if the free kick is within shooting distance, but as it stands, neither Giggs nor the referee did anything wrong.

I've already said why the referee was right to disallow Lille's goal. I know the push wasn't that hard, but if it was the forward being pushed in the same manner, a penalty would almost always be given. Referees HAVE to do the same if a defender is pushed to keep some degree of consistency. If goals like that are going to be allowed, first referees have to stop awarding penalties for minimal contact.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
at the end of the day if giggs didnt score from the free kick... no one would care about the free kick that giggs took to win the game...

extremely clever from him and shows that his experience in champions league football is still as strong as ever
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:54 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
1 eye im not a mancunaphobe, its all northerners. im only joking im just not jingoistic i know many ppl would have the exact opposite opinion if it was the english club who suffered
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:00 Sat 24 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ison said:
i know many ppl would have the exact opposite opinion if it was the english club who suffered

True, but if you stick to the facts and ignore the grey areas, it's difficult to agree with Lille's point of view unless you're either anti-United/England or pro-Lille/France.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Quick free-kick's

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.