Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:50 Mon 19 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
your thoughts on michael carrick!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:43 Tue 20 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh yer.. definitely underated one of the best midfielders in england .. and never gets mentioned
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:16 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think he's overrated, nowhere near worth the money Man Utd paid. They should've spent the money on Hargreaves.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
leeds4life said:
I think he's overrated, nowhere near worth the money Man Utd paid. They should've spent the money on Hargreaves.

and that is cumin from a leeds fan lmfao!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Thu 22 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol wizzer chill out... you asked for a opinion and you got 1. You didnt say it had to be the same as yours. I agree with leeds in that Hargreaves would have been a better buy, but he wasn't available. But thats not the topic thread so in answer to the thread. Carrick is one of the best in the Premiership but not quite world class yet.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:19 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
micheal carrick is one of the best midfielders in england and only being young maybe one of best in the world under sir alex fergusons wing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:22 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Carrick is underrated. A lot of his work goes unnoticed, and he's actually one of the main reasons United top the Prem at the moment. As for Hargreaves being a better buy, I don't think so. He's better at ball winning, but he just doesn't have the same vision or range of passing as Carrick. He would also cost about £10mil more than Carrick, which is extortionate.

Bordeaux's Rio Mavuba would be a far better buy than Hargreaves. He's technically sound and clever on the ball like Carrick, and he's also an excellent ball winner. Similar to Makelele in many ways (and probably the number 1 holding player for France for the next few years at least). He would also only cost about half what Hargreaves would cost despite being better IMO. The only reason United switched their attentions to Hargreaves (they were interested in a number of holding players before him), is that AIG are pressuring them to sign mostly English players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:25 Fri 23 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
hargreaves is an overrated player same as john terry as for underrated players another one is vidic he has been outstanding back to the subject
wizzer said:
leeds4life said:

and that is cumin from a leeds fan lmfao!!

and this is coming from an arsenal fan and we all know they hate utd and he is backing carrick. steve mc clarean has praised his form of late by putting him in england squad

Edited at 11:34 Fri 23/02/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:30 Sat 24 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Carrick isn't underrated, he is a very good passer of the ball and can strike the ball good. You all think a good player is whn they can dribble, score alot. That isn't the case. If football was based on passing, nothing else, Carrick would be one of the best.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Sat 24 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree he is over-rated not worth the money
I Think spurs got a gr8 deal selling him
hes a good player no doubt but
i rate him about 9-10 mill

Edited at 17:32 Sat 24/02/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:20 Sat 24 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
sunderland said:
I agree he is over-rated not worth the money
I Think spurs got a gr8 deal selling him
hes a good player no doubt but
i rate him about 9-10 mill

He was definately overpriced (as nearly all English players are), but he's still a better player than most people give him credit for. Most of his work goes pretty unnoticed because of his role, but I'd say he's been United's 4th best player this season after Ronaldo, Vidic and Evra.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Sat 24 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Players are too aften rated on their price-tag instead of there actual skills. Michael Carrick IS overpriced, he isn't that good, and I shall not put a price tag on him.

Wizzer, a Leeds fan has as much an opinion as a Arsenal fan. You said "Your thoughts on Michael Carrick......" not "Repeat my thoughts on Michael Carrick!".
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:31 Mon 26 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Leeds fans are entitled to an opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:42 Mon 26 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
yer i agree.. just coz leeds aren,t the best wizzer doesn,t mean the no nothing about football.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:50 Mon 26 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I prefer Cleveland Taylor...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:56 Tue 27 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I prefer Sowho Didyanickabolokov!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:54 Tue 27 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
He has got to be the most underated player in england, along with his midfield partner paul scholes. Both these Utd players aren't praised enough for their contribution to Man Utd's wins. They are quality players and their passing ability is second to none. Only critisism is that they aren't very good at tackling which is where owen hargreaves would come in to play.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:28 Tue 27 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
risk said:
Only critisism is that they aren't very good at tackling which is where owen hargreaves would come in to play.

Hope we don't buy Hargreaves actually. At around £10mil he might be a good buy, but he's massively overpriced. Rio Mavuba of Bordeaux is just as good a ball winner as Hargreaves, and much more technically proficient with it. He's a similar player to Essien or maybe Makelele. United aren't the only club interested though. I think Juventus are favourites to sign him in the summer. At around half the price of Hargreaves, he'd be an absolute steal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:04 Fri 2 Mar 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't think Carrick is underrated in the informed football world, after all Man Utd payed the 17mil was it for him!

Hargreaves is not overrated, although i agree he is overpriced.

What makes me smile is how 90% of brits hated Hargreaves before his world cup displays, and now, when they realise what a hardworking, useful player he is they tend to now overrate him slightyly.

I'd still pick him as holding midfielder over Carrick anyday, Carrick is a better passer, but Hargreaves a much better tackler and harder worker, and for the position of defensive midfielder thats what you need, leave the flashy stuff to the attacking players!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:14 Sat 3 Mar 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with you there
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

michael carrick underated

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.