Ronaldinho going to AC Milan!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:08 Fri 16 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep there is the ticket prices are dirt cheap, a season ticket to monchengladbach cost the same as a single ticket to watch birmingham
martin_blank
martin_blank
16:15 Fri 16 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
schuldiner: I find fast paced physical battles (even if 0-0) far more entertaining...

just for the fun of it - what are the five most thrilling phsyical 0-0 draws you've ever seen....

um... Watford 0 brentford 0 1988 was a cracker.........no that's it for me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:08 Fri 16 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ison, I wasn't aware B'ham tickets were £120-210(lowest prices being standing). Seriously though, most leagues are dirt cheap compared to the prem. Dortmund (midtable side) games cost £15-40 and the Westfalenstadion is rarely below full capacity (close to 80000 average in 81000 capacity stadium). Barca tickets start at around 20euros (about £15, same as Dortmund) yet the average attendance at the Nou Camp is only around 30000-35000. In Italy, Juventus rarely attract over 25-30000 (even back in seria a). Also, German football is very similar to English football, and they also still have terraces which have a far better atmosphere than all-seated stadia. Spanish football is way too slow for my tastes.

Haha, thats actually pretty hard martin. Mainly because they rarely end 0-0. Still, the burnley v b'burn game not long ago beats anything i've seen from spain in years, maybe ever. Cardiff v Stoke games are always amazing to watch too. I'd take that over Barca v Real any day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:35 Sat 17 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
thats rubbish mate and you know it, the nou camp is always full with 80 000 people, and tlking of nil nils betis v seville last saturday was a cracker
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:23 Sat 17 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ison said:
thats rubbish mate and you know it, the nou camp is always full with 80 000 people

Oops sorry, didn't read the page properly, its not quite that bad. Barca's average attendance for the first 10 home games last season was 67,921. This season it is 72,922 (just over 70% full). That's still WAY below the approx 98,800 capacity. The Atletico Madrid game only attracted 53,865.
Here's the proof (just over half way down):
http://www.barcelona-football-club-tickets.com/FC-Barcelona-News/2007/01/

Again, compare that to Dortmund who consistently attract an average of over 78,000 (over 95% full), with all 81,200 places filled for the games against big teams or rivals. Thats with similar ticket prices and despite only being a mid-table side. (use google if you don't believe me)

EDIT: And I just checked the Moenchengladbach website. I was right about season tickets costing about £120-210. B'ham is expensive these days

Edited at 20:28 Sat 17/02/07 (GMT)
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Ronaldinho going to AC Milan!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.