english sport in crisis

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:55 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
its fairly clear thta english sport is going down the pan, wer stil better than the scots and welsh but that dont ake much realy. wat do u think we should do about it? personaly i reckon its the cricket that needs sorting most as its what wer best at. prsonaly i reckon the structure of the teams all wrong, we have to many impact players and not enough workhorse type players

1.bring back thorpe hes the kinda guy we need
2.strauss
3.cook
4.bell
5. kp
6.freddie
7.nixon, very dogged innings builder
8.lewis
9.panesar
10.broad, a paceman who actualy works hard unlike mahmood n harmison
11.shrek
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd probably put Vaughn into that lineup too and move Pietersen up the order.
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:59 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
emma_85: why no panesar AGAIN?

ison: beacause fletcher wants us to bat down to 8, which giles does consistently,

chav_h8r2: It wont be a total whitewash

Well, as long as you two experts are on the case, English cricket has nothing to worry about

Edited at 22:02 Tue 9/01/07 (GMT)
stevo15
stevo15
16:06 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol well said martin!

Due to your comment ison, i love watching england suffer at everything, the Ashes whitewash has been the highlight of my year, your twenty20 humping was fantastic, oh roll on the rugby and football!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:14 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
The problem with the cricket that no one that picks the team has figured out is that england play too many bowlers. Loot at australia, they only played 4 bowlers. lee, warne, mcgrath and clark. England play up to 7 for some strange reason and only 2 or 3 of those bowlers can bat and i'd say most of australias tail is better then englands top order. England have to get bowlers who can bat and if they want to get anywhere, they need a wicket keeper who can bat.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ison myy friend but who was the team that beat england in the six nations, cant be that bad can we lol
stevo15
stevo15
16:33 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wait, they will always refer to the past now

Oh the losers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do Scotland even have a cricket team?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:57 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah we do have a cricket team!
stevo15
stevo15
17:11 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yup we do have a cricket team!

Waits for the bitterness...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:12 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
But we don't bother with it since we are too busy laughing at you lot lose...so here's from all the scots on funkypool:

AHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHHAAH

Edited at 23:13 Tue 9/01/07 (GMT)
stevo15
stevo15
17:15 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also, we dont build up expectation to win everything eg. World cup, The Ashes...we lose and move on, unless its rugby...or euro 2008 qualifying were talking about
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:22 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol exactly stevo, if we lose, we mumble a couple of swear words then find the nearest pub!

as it was once chanted:

"WUR ONLY HERE FUR THE PARTY"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:05 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
martin_blank said:
emma_85: why no panesar AGAIN?

ison: beacause fletcher wants us to bat down to 8, which giles does consistently,

chav_h8r2: It wont be a total whitewash

Well, as long as you two experts are on the case, English cricket has nothing to worry about

LMFAO!

Edited at 11:07 Wed 10/01/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:11 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
stevo15 said:
Lol well said martin!

Due to your comment ison, i love watching england suffer at everything, the Ashes whitewash has been the highlight of my year, your twenty20 humping was fantastic, oh roll on the rugby and football!

Couldn't agree more, the white wash was exactly what i said would happen! And i'm glad, now we can talk about some real sport.

Also wild_boy, didn't Enlgnad give Wales a drubbing in Cardiff last year?

Also why we are here, whos gonna get the wooden spoon this year? It should be England cause we are in turmoil at the moment, but Scotalnd have always been the donkey boys of Rugby and without Jason White it will be close!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:17 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mike Blair is out of Scotland's RBS Six Nations opener with England.

Long-term injury victims Jason White and Charlie Hodgson are considering short-term moves to rugby league in a desperate bid to prove their fitness ahead of the 2007 World Cup.

Good news all around for English sport i'd say, Blair out White gone and Hodgson gone/out, we might just cause a few problems!

Edited at 11:18 Wed 10/01/07 (GMT)
stevo15
stevo15
05:31 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Good news all around for English sport i'd say, Blair out White gone and Hodgson gone/out, we might just cause a few problems!

When you say that because Scotland have a couple players injured...something cant be right
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:17 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just pointing out that Scotland have 2 of there best players injured, at least you've still got Patterson so you know your gonna have a good kicker on the field!

Just when it looked like you could do the double on us! Ne mind you could always play us at cricket, i think you stand a chance of winning!

stevo15
stevo15
06:21 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well we beat you at rugby...

Not had football in ages, but im sure it would be close

Andy Murray wooooped Henman and Rusedski

Golf...again Monty and Donald...close one

Crciket, we have no hope

5 main sports:-

Scotland win 2
England win 1 definitely
Draw = 2

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:24 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think England beat Scotland last time we played in football! Also you've beat us once in rugby in god knows how many times.

You Scotts have always had a funny way of looking at things!

And i don't think we should talk of English tennis as it's perhaps the worst sport, glad it's classed as GBR!

Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

english sport in crisis

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.