World Pool Championship 2006

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
martin_blank
martin_blank
10:58 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
World Pool Championship starts Saturday at 10am (Sky Sports 1). It's going to be even better this year because they copied FP and introduced alternate breaks.

It used to be winner breaks next frame, but problem was that these blokes are so good, that they'd break first frame and run seven racks before the other guy got a shot.

And of course, fittingly, the WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP, the BIG ONE, isn't UK or US 8 ball.

It's 9ball - the best game in the world

Edited at 17:44 Wed 1/11/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:56 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
should be a good tourn but itl probly be won by some unknown from taiwan again, all the brits r usualy gone by the last 16.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:05 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Put me in there.
I' more of a snooker player outside funkypool though.

I'm proud to have my highest break at 46
spinner
spinner
Admin
07:20 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
ison - its the brit's who are unknown! the taiwanese are world champs!
martin_blank
martin_blank
13:04 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Apart from one - C'Mon Steve Davis
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:25 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
stevo15
stevo15
14:30 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can adapt

im excellent at US9 - me and my mate had a competition, win 11 games to get a point....11 points to win a game....needless to say i never lost a point to him..and won 6 games to 0 =]

Also in UK i beat a semi pro 2-0 lol he was like oh i challenge you....i proceeded to whoop him....he walked away in a sulk

As spinner said...the taiwanese and other asian countries are the best at this...Pagulyan and Reyes...brilliant players to name only 2
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
so spinner are you seriously saying that last year youd heard of chia wu ching?
the english guys this year are reasonably well known if you watch the 9ball on sky, raj hundall is shaping up to be quite special imran majids a tidy player too., and of course theres steve davis

my tip too win, thorsten hohmen, simply because if in doubt bet on a german

Edited at 22:24 Thu 2/11/06 (GMT)
stevo15
stevo15
17:33 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
hes a class player i must say...

ive only heard of one english player and thats steve davis...maybe i dont follow it enough
martin_blank
martin_blank
14:35 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Interesting stuff going on. Virtually nobody goes for a combo - but when they do they don't have to nominate a pocket, so we're right....sorry ace

And only 3 GB's in 3 days of constant 9ball! (the third by an Englishman today ) which proves they are much rarer than our own one-shot-wonders make out.
beannie
beannie
14:40 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
what channel is it one? anything other than sky sports? im a girly i don't subscribe to sports channels!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:52 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
reyes, archer or the lion..........................put your money on em now EW sure fire winners.....ive been watching this for 14 years now so you can bank on them 3.............archer the mosr consistent at this for the last decade
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:02 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
alex pagulayan was gettin battered 6-1 (when i last saw) to dis chinese bloke i havent heard of!!!

i fink wu chia-ching will win again. he totally outclassed sven blauritsch (or sumthin lyk dat)
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:28 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree, that wu is amazing, and number 1 seed too.

Nowhere near as good as pauljohnson obviously..but none of them are.
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:24 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha!

I'm enjoying it too, but frickin hells kitchen has taken over tonight...

I need sky multiroom!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Mon 6 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
just watched efen reyes v apancho and i must say it wa spossiby the best game of 9 ball pool you coudld hope to see, reyes is looking like a very serious contender, on home soil too
martin_blank
martin_blank
13:32 Wed 8 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Something has been troubling me in this championship. Is it my TV or is the purple ball a light shade of pink?? It may well be my TV, cos I've been watching it on my office portable and it's playing up.

If it is, I assume it must be for easy TV identification, but I've never seen it before.

Also does anyone know if Davis won in the end? He was 4-4 with an Italian last I saw (both playing terrible though).
martin_blank
martin_blank
14:34 Wed 8 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks to use_spin for Pm'ing me - the ball IS pink, and Davis won 10-7 and through to last 32!!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Wed 8 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
The ball has been pink for ages Mart.

Davis won 10 - 7 against Fabio Petroni

Some shockers tho! ...

Earl Strickland losing to Liu Cheng-Chuan 10 - 2!

Francisco Bustamante losing to Thomas Engert 10 - 7

I fancy a few players this year. Obviously Wu Chia-Ching. But also Lee Van Corteza, who beat Imran Majid. And Ralf Souquet and Efren Reyes too. Some underdogs too look out for though. Watch out for Roy Apancho, Tyler Edey and Englands own Kevin Uzzell
martin_blank
martin_blank
15:10 Wed 8 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
That bustamante/engert game was excellent.

Not sure what was wrong with Davis though - how can he miss easy big middle pocket shots on a table that size...and yet clear a snooker table??

The commentator said he was 'having trouble with his focusing'. I thought that was just me on a Friday night.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Pool Championship 2006

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.