Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:39 Mon 23 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
As for Owen, that was between matches ,while a promo was airing and nothing to do with wrestling. He fell from the ceiling when a harness wasn't clipped correctly (allegedy). The arena was in darkness, so thankfully no-one had to see what happened. That happened on my 27th birthday...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Mon 23 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If anyone here has broken their tibia, and i dont mean a hairline fracture, i mean actually broken, then you know it is the most painful thing that can happen to a male human being. You cannot wrestle. You cannot walk, or stand. You cannot do anything apart from lie on the ground and go into shock.
spinner
spinner
Admin
03:12 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Only for Males? LOL!

The fact is that there isn't much pain at the actual time of the incident. I accompanied a friend who had a severe break (tibia exposed) to hospital and he was more concerned about missing work than anything. He had to be restrained from getting up himself several times.

As is common, shock didnt set in untill about 30 minutes later.

Wonderful thing the human body
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:05 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Shocks a funny thing! When i got shot by an air rifle in my eye i went into shock instantly. But i broke my ancle and was fine, was only hair line though!! I would of thought that a tibia brake would mean the male body going into shock instantly, my freind is a doc il ask him!
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:42 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Why all the talk about the male body? Females are exactly the same! Shock is basically the ly the body protecting the vital organs, and the sudden drop in blood flow causes the symtoms.

Obviously due being a physiological reaction (in this case, as opposed to purely psychological shock and that brought on by excessive blood loss), how long it takes to, and indeed if, it sets in, depends on the individual.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:46 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
''Only for Males? LOL! ''

Think for a second Spinner......childbirth?

A serious fracture of the tibia puts you into shock instantly. This i know from experience! Some people have higher thresholds than others, but if you friend had a compound fracture, he would not try and stand up. You are talking drivel.
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:14 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I was there dude! Thats the effect trauma has on people (as you will know!) You immediately want to be able to carry on as if nothing happened because you are in denial. I remember being the same when i shattered my knee, desperately trying to stand to pull my bike up to see if it was ok despite my foot being at right angles to my thigh (sideways).

Nice to be able to laugh about it now!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
This gives me a great idea!!! Check general chat!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:22 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
When i snapped my wrist i certainly wasn't in denial
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:33 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Would you have rather you didnt snap it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:34 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
No it was fun...
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:35 Tue 24 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
That explains it then
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:02 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Can't believe they capped my injury thread, thought it was funny listening to some of the horrific injuries you lot recieved! That's the good thing about injuring yourself you laugh at it in the end!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:07 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Man, i even flinched at a couple of those stories. Magic says 'what if a nine year old reads this'? Then caps it! Fair point, but im not sure capping makes the thread dissappear. lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:10 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought that, but don't wanna say owt!! We shall keep it going here lol. one time in band camp...........................ow wait that memories to painful!
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:09 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, edited post after reading the thread (i hadnt seen what was posted this afternoon)

That play_4_life guy was way outta line. it was supposed to be a thread about unfortunate injuries, not a "brag about being a moron" thread...

Edited at 17:35 Wed 25/10/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:12 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
dont you caps please spinner it may get censored.
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:29 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:30 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
hahahaha! Its like saying. ''look at me i never went to school! isnt that cool!?''
Well, no. No it isnt.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Wed 25 Oct 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I totally agree spinner! He was just braggin about it and to be fair all the ones before were a an account of what had happened and a bit of a laugh!
Shame it got capped because i thought it was funny and tbh i didn't see how it would bother any children just look at the cartoons they watch!

Edited at 18:58 Wed 25/10/06 (BST)
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Bound for Glory

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.