terry new captain

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:45 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
terry is now captain of england and what a mistake that is they shoulda put gerrard as captain as he is someone they all look up to
maybe its me but i dont think terry is the right man
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:49 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Terry is the best choice, he is a true leader, Gerrard is only captain of Liverpool because it was a brib for him to stay at Liverpool and not go to Chelsea. Chelsea gave Terry the captain band because he deserves it and is a true legend, I can see him becoming the new Bobby Moore. And this is coming from a Man United fan by the way!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:01 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
LMAO mate im a man utd fan aswell but i think gerrard has accomplished more than terry eg. teryy won the premiership for chelsea but look at there team compared to the rest and gerrard won liverpool the champions league for the 5th time i just think gerrard would suit captain more than terry
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:53 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Even though im not a liverpool fan, steven gerrard was the best choice, what a mistake.

Edited at 15:53 Fri 11/08/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Gerrard was made vice captian lol

Gerrard doesn't really perform for england, I think having the captancy would would make him play like he normaly does, leading by example.

Terry is still a good captain though even if there are questions that there could be a better one, his main quality on the pitch is leadership and now he's got the arm band to show it.

I'm glad they didn't just give it to Neville cuz he's older.

Also incase you haven't heard Beckham's not in the side for the game vs greece next week, steve's told him he's looking to the future and wants to change the way things work. With Beckham's normal workrate that means the new team might start tackling in future!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
true
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
that was in reply to _steven_ btw
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:18 Sat 12 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
You don't need an armband to be a leader on the pitch. Captains just have to deal with the press which looks stressful.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:54 Sat 12 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah but if gerrard got given the chance would be the best captain ever for england
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:01 Sat 12 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
terry is gr8 4 da job
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:40 Sun 13 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
AS long as beckham never plays for England again I'm happy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:14 Sun 13 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
y i tink he is 1 of our best players