What are man U doing???

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:16 Fri 28 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Manchester Utd have sold Ruud Van Nistelrooy for around 11 million. Real madrid have got a bargain. He has a fall out with Fergie and he is sold. Same happened with Beckham.

Yeah fergie is the boss but I think he must have senile dementia now. Why sell a player that scores loads of goals? I am not a Man Utd fan and I hope they get absolutely nothing next season. It's time fergie gave it up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:37 Fri 28 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
they sold an unhappy out of form past his prime player for 10 million, that sounds good to me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Fri 28 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
he was unhappy yes bt he wasn't passed it it was a bargain for madrid he is worth 17 mil atleast!, i agree spenny fergie has had his prime games and his trophies he should retire end of this season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Fri 28 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
its a good opertunity for man u to change the way they play football, they can get in a new more creative player who can do something outside the penalty area aswell, sure ruud was efective but he couldnt play football not in the same way someone like eto'o,torres, or even saha can

and as for the price man u just wanted to get shot of him im not to sure there that fussed about how much

Edited at 23:22 Fri 28/07/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:22 Fri 28 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
he is a good player no doubt but man u arent all about 1 player, they does need a re shuffle, but i agree with spenny, if fergie dont like someone then they get the chop......
man u have been 2nd or 3rd best 4 a long time

On another note hope freddy flintoff's ankle heals well for the ashes this winter and hopefully Jonny wilkinson will return to international rugby for the web ellis (although we prob wont retain it, it wud be nice to see the best fly half to return)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:26 Fri 28 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
he's scored about 150 in 200 games or something aint he? Any player who does that is worth a lot to a club. When you consider his age tho 11m isn't that bad, i'm sure man u would have got a bit more if they wanted him to stay, but for a quick sale its not bad.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Sat 29 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
its looking lik being a bad year for english sport, we will lose the webb ellis cos there are 4 or 5 teams better than us at the minute and the england coaches insit on picking the same 2 hopeless fly halves(goode and hodgson) when theyve got an amazing young fly half at gloucester in ryan lamb who in my opinion is the next wilkinson, hes probly not as good a kicker but his all round game is already superior to anyone in england

and as for flintoff hes not going to be fit till january so his only chance is to play in the one dayers
martin_blank
martin_blank
05:03 Sat 29 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Man Utd have only declined in recent years because Fergie falls out with his top players and drives them away.

He forced out Jaap Stam, Beckham, Keane and now
Van Nistlerooy.

I know Keane has retired - but those 4 are the backbone of a very good team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:21 Sat 29 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
phil i now wht u mean first beckham now nistlerooy few years it be ronaldo but who cares bout tht then i hope not but wht if they sell rooney
kylegibson7
kylegibson7
17:22 Thu 10 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
never dout alex, he is the greatest manager in the world. just look at all the cups he has won.

He has bought carrick for silly money but just watch him perform next season.

Alex had no say in whether van nistelrooy should go because he wanted to go.

MANCHESTER UNITED TO WIN LEAGUE NEXT SEASON
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:22 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Beckham did nothing after leaving Manchester apart from slowly decline into the shambles that played at the world cup this year.
Keane was past it, and i believe that the best Real Madrid can hope for is 1 or 2 good seasons from Ruud.
Stam is the only player that really cost them, the reason Man Utd have declined is due to time passing and their crop of talented youngsters (P Neville, G Neville, N Butt, P Scholes, R Giggs) all ageing!
martin_blank
martin_blank
06:45 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree that's true of Keane, but Beckham was driven out at his peak. Sure, he's past it now, but he and Stam's loss both had marked effects on Utd.

Also, contrast Nistlerooy's performance at the World Cup to his performances for Utd. He's still a top rate player, but Ferguson's attitude (in recent years) alienates players, wrecks their morale and makes them want to leave.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:43 Fri 11 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
man utd are class
the only thing i dont agree on is signing a goalkeeper froma team just been relegated and they want him to play for a massive club like utd takes the mick when we coulda got someone like frey or cudicini
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

What are man U doing???

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.