Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Sun 2 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
/\ check out where topshots from /\
You'd never have guessed
topshot
topshot
14:24 Sun 2 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
lol magic,nah i was up for them in the game and the whole tournament was frustrating for me i couldnt even imagin how frustrating it was for everyone from england to see such an amazing group of players underperforming then bein left with no choice up front when defo,bent and dean ashton are sitting at home,there was a potential world cup wining squad there just wasnt done properly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Sun 2 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  

don't know what else to say really!
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:59 Sun 2 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, i wrote about what i watched, NOT what the commenatators were trying to TELL me i was watching.. They were two VERY different games..

What every england fan i know thought, and what the media and papers are saying, are two very different things. Dont get sucked in dudes...

Regarding Ronaldo, he and Rooney were sharing banter lads, come on, Rooney was laughing at it (untill the media got thier "clever" editing done) it was nothing more untill Rooney decided to display his skill at stamping on a guys nuts.

Sure, Ronaldo reacted badly, but so SHOULD all the players on tyhe pitch! not just the portugese ones!

However the good thing that came out of it is that after the sending off, as a previous poster said, we saw some of the old kickass english style. Play like that from the start, and things could have been very different.

Edited at 21:00 Sun 2/07/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Sun 2 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you work for a newspaper spinner or are you just unbelievably sad?
spinner
spinner
Admin
02:29 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL

There are sadly few people who work for the papers who write about what actually happens (like me) rather than the fantasy the media prefers to portray. Maybe i should apply for the job...

Nah...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Spinner, you think that you're the only one who sees things the way they are, in reality you're a complete nutjob who dreams up nonsense.

Of course the media exagerrates and bends the truth, its their job to sell papers, not report the cold, often boring truth! Rooney was sharing banter with Ronaldo, but that stopped the minute Ronaldo tryed to get him sent of! Also, how can you factually say Rooney meant the stamp, have you asked him?

Your having the commentary of theory is complete rubbish, i lost all respect for your opinions when you tryed to say that Beckham was our player of the tourny!

EDIT:Stop trying to talk down to everyone else on the forum purely because you're older than the majority of us, its patronising, and to be honest most of what you spout is complete rubbish!

Edited at 17:39 Mon 3/07/06 (BST)
martin_blank
martin_blank
13:31 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that went quite well again 4 u spinner m8,

I can't work out what exactly Rooney meant to do. I certainly don't think he was aiming 4 what he got, but looking at the way he did it and the look on his face, I think he stamped back with malice. I also think that Ronaldo was despicable. Where's the honour in getting ur m8 sent off?

I agree that the press have a lot to answer for. They are vicious hypocrites. Look at George Best - they harried him, ridiculed and villified him for two years before his death, and then start calling for airports to be named after him the minute he died.

But where are you getting the beckham idea from? He did nothing but score 1 free kick, the rest of the time he was predictable, and looked totally knackered. He has been terrible for us in every tourny finals we've been in. Everyone cites the Greece goal, and he was brilliant in that game, but he's done ltl else for England.
15_m_lpool
15_m_lpool
14:43 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
we got what was coming to us...Rooney mr perfect can win us the world cup...wake up call hes a self centred fat t-w-a-t and to be honest what happened to him cudnt have happened to a better person. And for his club team mate to have done it to him how hilarious.
we relied too much on him and i knew he wudnt deliver and thought we were lucky to win our group.
and i am a liverpool fan and despise ronaldo but full credit for his antics
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Well said playerx!!
jedbarker
jedbarker
17:17 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
The England team were poor overall. As per usual, the press hyped them up to be something they weren't. Who remembers "we can't win the World Cup without Rooney" - we certainly will never win it if he doesn't learn to control his temper. Good riddance Sven - hopefully if John Terry is made captain the good times will roll.
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:16 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, everyone's entitled to thier opinions, and i stated mine, which are in common with all the english fans *I* have met. In short, dump Erikson, keep Beckham, not as a full time player tho.

Where you got the idea i thought he was player of the tourney i dunno! That goes to Ronaldo hands down so far!

Hehe!

But seriously, "how can you say Rooney meant the stamp"????

WHAT?

I WATCHED it dude. There is no question, just look at it!!

But my final thought - remember, if England had played EXACTLY the same, but 2 portugese players bottled out and missed the goal entirely with their penaltys, the media, and the fans (the gullible ones) would be praising Beckams leadership, and boasting about the Manager who got them through to the Semi's...

And both of the would still have thier jobs, by doing NOTHING different.

Oh yeah, i know people will deny it, but its true....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I watched it too spinner, watch it and you will see he is off balance and has to put his foot down somewhere!

He puts it down on 1 of the players, it wasn't on purpose, you really aren't worth talking to!

You did say Beckam was player of the tournament, in another thread!
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:45 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Different thread, different meaning

so your off balance, on a football pitch, and decide whilst FALLING FORWARDS to stamp your foot down BACKWARDS on another guys nutsac before catching your balance..

Hmmmm...

I'm just stating facts, you cannot dispute what happened! LOL!

Anyways, nearly time for the ECW replay :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:48 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah you go and watch it, you really are annoying!
15_m_lpool
15_m_lpool
20:02 Mon 3 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i think i actually agree with spinner... an not jus becos im a liverpool fan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:19 Tue 4 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
"keep Beckham, not as a full time player tho"

That is changing your tune, you implied he should stay as captain, and therefore as a full time player.

Rooney probs did mean the stamp, but you cannot say factually that he did, therefore you shouldn't make points with that as a basis.

About your media point, some gullible fans probs would be, but the majority still wouldn't praise Beckham in the slightest, all the people i know (Including some football 'yobs') have been talking negatively of Beckham throughout the tourny, even after his winner in the Ecadour (How the hell do you spell that)

True, they would. But the only way they would have got priase is if we went on to win it, had we lost in the semis or the final (unless there had been drastic improvement), they would have recieved the same treatment, nothing more than a victory would have been good enough.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

christiano ronaldo

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.