rhinos2005
16:58 Tue 20 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
wats with not winning againest sweden sooo annoying

Edited at 21:59 Tue 20/06/06 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:52 Tue 20 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Was bloody brilliant! Fiver at 9/1 on a draw on willie hill!

YESYES!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:56 Tue 20 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
wat happened in 2nd half?????? thank god 4 gerrard

weaint beat them in 36 years apparently........is that world cup matches only or all matches? oh well
i heard a commentator saying about a swede who took his shirt off at the end and he said "is that a six pack lucic has got?" and another commentater said.............."No its i flat pack" ROFL

get it?

Edited at 00:00 Wed 21/06/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:51 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
it wernt suprising that we went to pieces in the 2nd half, it was just like against sweden in 2002, its now 12 games and 38 years since we beat the swedes i got feeling its gona b a litle while yet till we beat them
jedbarker
jedbarker
10:11 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If games were 45 minutes England would win the World Cup no problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
1st half was acceptable, but still not up to the standard of the argies.

2nd half was pants.

Sven is a stupid moron and should be sacked now so we have a manager who might do something for us.

Walcott should have played at some point, carrick or lennon should have been brought on and beckham showed about as much effort as rick waller on a diet.

Apart from that England played great
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:22 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
rooney is so rubbish he sholuld go home to his mum
lampard y dont u just play fo someone else instead of england because yr crap and ashley cole grow a bit we dont want hobbits on this team
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:22 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
at least there was two good players on the team joe cole and steven gerrard
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:40 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought first half was up to standard, not a world cup winning performance though.

Why take theo walcott if sven wont play him??? And although hargreaves played better than usual, i believe lennon should start games as hes such an attacker.

The defence in second half was a shambles. The last minute goal was a joke, far under the bar of sustainable. But well done joe cole and stevie g.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
first half was gd joe cole played amazin but the second half was crap sven shud of taken beckham off n brought lennon on coz beckham werent involved hardly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:41 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Trinidad an Tobago.....now England V Swedan.....Why doesnt someone just create a thread about World Cup Games???? Will be so much easier!!

Sorry, just a thought
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:12 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
sweden could have trampled all over england if they wanted to but it was obvious to me all they wanted was a draw. england will do well to get anywhere in this tourny
martin_blank
martin_blank
09:36 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If England just keep hoofing the ball out of defence, the way they did in the second half against both Paraguay and Sweden, a decent ball playing side like ecuador will exhaust us.

And think what Argentina would do. At least we'd see quite a few goals
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:33 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
It wasn't a good enough perfomance, i agree.
But we won the group, teams that win the world cup tend to improve as the cup progresses.
It makes me laugh because if we do go on to win it people will be like "O yes, i knew they could do it" etc etc.
We have to improve yes, but instead of dismissing our chances....WAIT AND SEE.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:51 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
brazil all the way! lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:02 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
cmon ghana lads
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Fri 23 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't get why people are rating Argies so high , yes , they've had some really good wins so far but it is against Cote D'Ivoire and Serbia , they get to play Holland and they look normal.
We'll see on England's point of view.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

england vs sweden

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.