Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

spinner
spinner
Admin
16:31 Fri 16 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
So, what did everyone think?

Sure, it is still heavily WWE flavoured but by this time next month that should be gone.

I was impressed on the whole. Sure, it wasnt a patch on an hour of ECW in 1996, but it was much more entertainig and above all intelligent than anything WWE has put out in years.

Personal highlight was the Ultimate Zombie - fantastic intelligent booking, just what proves Heymans mastery of the buisness. Love seeing all the internet jerks slag it off cause they're too thick to understand it!

Roll on next week!
martin_blank
martin_blank
06:33 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
What on earth are you talking about?
spinner
spinner
Admin
08:05 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
In case you have been on another planet, ECW TV relaunched on tuesday.

Sure, it hasnt got much coverage in the mainstream over here except in the Sun, but i wont start another "Rooney hogs the headlines" thread LOL!
martin_blank
martin_blank
10:37 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
But what's ECW TV

I've been on another planet, you see
martin_blank
martin_blank
10:40 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
It's okay - someone just told me. It sounds a bit
dodgy to me spinner
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:30 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL Some people are thinking that, but most are newer fans who just dont *get* it. And sure, the initial contract is pretty poor but there are enough intelligent fans out there tokeep it moving.

Highest rated TV show on cable, after only its first show in 10 years. That cant be too dodgy
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:37 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
OK who watched it last night!

AMAZING!

First we time-warp to 1998 with DX on monday and then that blazin show last night, even got a legit Orton injury!

Whoooo!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i kno wat u mean spinner, well kinda i use to watch wwf all the time and ecw n tht but haven't got time to watch it now or dnt have channels for it =(

but glad to see ecw bk- u knew it was gonna happen eventually, surely its practically forseen before uve written it! i see wwf recently where ecw stormed in haha i love wrestling so much entertainment u eva bin to watch it b4 spinner?? i went to the one in sheffield hallam arean when wwf came ova to uk
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:45 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
and btw DX - u mean degeneration x??? because DID U KNOW.... ther gettin bk together fantabolous news
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:02 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Er, they ARE back together m8... have been for a couple of weeks.

Awesome blast from the past, and great that the writers are letting it go...

My first live WWE event was summerslam90 at wembley, never missed a single pay per view since and see em every time they come to the UK.
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:23 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^ that was meant to say Summerslam '92, obviously! SS90 was the first live PPV for me..

spinner
spinner
Admin
15:19 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ANother excellent show this week, really finding thier identity - but the "main event"?!?

What a disaster, sticking an advert for GAB at the end of a kickass ECW show. Especially after last weeks Show/Flair exhibition. Hellish..

Anyone else liking it so far tho?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:47 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i think its a bit crap thats its only 1 hours would be better if it was 2 hours or summmit lyk 1 an a hour
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:41 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
It may be just one hour, but with more action in it than any of the other two WWE shows!

For the two previous weeks, the ECW TV main events alone have been longer than ALL the matches on Smackdown!

ECW has always been an hour, why change a winning formula!

:-)
krauser
krauser
06:35 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
You do know ECW is owned by WWE dont you?
spinner
spinner
Admin
08:12 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL yeah i think so.. After all i did refer to "the other two wwe shows"

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:19 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Sky sports 3?
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:42 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Various Sky channels.. Hard to follow to be honest!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

ECW TV -quality at last!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.