Theo Walcott

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:38 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
What you think about sven picking him without even touching a ball in the premiership.... clever tactics...bad mistake ... ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Big Gamble has he puts it! He might be the surprised package and bring us the world cup home.. OR he could go the opp. way and mess things up! Either way Sven was right to give the kid a chance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:54 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
The only way Walcott should go is if 5 strikers are took. At the moment we have 2 strikers short of match practice or injured, a kid who hasn't kicked a ball in the premiership let alone world cup and peter crouch. Some interesting choices by Sven. I think he's just gambling as he's leaving after. I dow think what he's done is wise, then again prove me wrong lads.
cool_dude
cool_dude
15:10 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
he probably has a lot of potential in the future but this is a joke! surely darren bent should of been picked he has proven he can score goals in the premiership this season. walcott has not even played in the premiership yet!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:03 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
bent sucks a$$, he latches onto long balls, not the sort of play you want in the world cup....long ball. wont win a thing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:29 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Bent is heavi wat are u chattin about!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Mon 8 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Sven has admitted he's only seen him in training never in a proper match. Dear god Sven what have you done? he should have picked someone with more experiance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:31 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Bent is garbage. What has he done for england since he joined the fold? Nothing. He is a flash in the pan this season just like michael ricketts was. If bent was class he would have shown something for sven to take him. Has sven taken him?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:45 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I think walcott is a great future talent. As was michael owen when he was taken at the age of 18.......look what he did. he is a player who you can throw on and take a risk with, a wildcard. He is young so will have no fears. He has pace to burn and has shown that he is class for southampton. who else is there?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:42 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
what the hell is sven thinking!!!!!!! this is possibly the worst squad he could of picked without picking emile hesckey. theo walcott has only ever scored 5 goals, in 23 games hardly a record thats gona set the world alight, i can apreciate that hes quick but he will get hacked to pieces by sweden and paraguay who are very physical teams.plus he hasnt played a match since january, so hell have no sharpness or match practice, sven realy should have taken andy johnson, a proven goalscorer whos palying games and has a physical presence something this squad lacks
martin_blank
martin_blank
10:37 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I've got no problem with Walcott being picked. My problem is that, as rat said, Sven's never even seen him play.

He's taken the advice of a frenchman who hasn't deemed him good enough to play for Arsenal at all, but would very much like him to get some big match experience...

Think it would be a good time to let McClaren take over. At least he'd take 10 forwards, and put all of em on at once as soon as he manages to get us 3-0 behind.

By the way has anyone heard the Angola world cup song? Someone said it goes:

ANGOLA ANGOLA,
IF THE BALL IS IN THE NET,
YOU CAN BLOODY WELL BET,
...IT'S IN ANGOLA'S

Can that be true???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:40 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i doubt it as angola speak portugeese but u never no
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:16 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
That frenchman who deems him good enough is probably the best manager in the game. Who else is there to take? Bent = not done it at high level. Harewood = Crap, shouldnt even be considered, a joke to even suggest it. Defoe = in bad form and not had a good season. Johnson = playing average against very average players in an average league. At the end of the day if it comes off you'll all be like ah what a great decision to take him. Lets jump on the band wagon. He's not played for arsenal cos they needed to push for fourth and had money counting on it. Pele made his name at 17 why cant walcott? owen was 18, rooney was 17-18.
martin_blank
martin_blank
12:55 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Never said that m8. I said I've got NO problem with Walcott being picked. NONE at all. In fact, I think it could liven us up a bit up front.

My problem is with Sven. He's paid 5 million a year and yet other managers have to tell him what to do and who to take - no matter how brilliant that manager might be. He should know how good Walcott is, and be basing his decision on what he's seen, not what managers from rival nations are telling him.

Sven is a pet hate. I feel we've had the best team in the world for a long time now, but a defensive manager who has no idea how to use our midfield, no idea on his best formation, and is too timid and cautious to make big decisions when things are going wrong.

As for Walcott going - the idea is somebody elses - and I think it's a good one. Give Arsene his 5 mill and sack him
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:14 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yea i agree sven sucks. but i think this is the best thing he/someone else has done for england in a long time. You should gamble on a young star with a bright future if you have a situation like this. As for having the best team, not sure there. Brazil take some beating as do holland and Italy. My money is on germany anyway. You have to blame the F.A. for appointing sven. If you got offered 5 mill a season would you take all the stick and take the job? i'm sure i would and even though i am ace at football manager 2006, i bet i'd fail lol.
martin_blank
martin_blank
14:40 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Give it a go. Simply tell the FA what u have achieved on FM2006. They'll probably offer you around 2 million to act as a 'technical consultant', and then let u sleep with their secretaries.

They have that level of competence.

martin_blank
martin_blank
14:41 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ANGOLA!
ANGOLA!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:24 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i took worksop to the premier league then! i had owen up front too! i think i have a good case. You could easily get the angola job. You should have got it just for cheering them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Who else is there to take? Bent = not done it at high level

Is the premierships 3rd highest goalscorer not a high level.... and walcott hasn't done it at high level himself either
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Tue 9 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
as i said i think he is a flash in the pan. look at michael ricketts. where is he now? bent didnt do it for england, he wasnt even good, he was poor. he got panned by the critics, and do they seem bothered he isnt going? the experts? no...
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Theo Walcott

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.