Next England Manager

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:23 Mon 17 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Who do you think should be chosen bu the FA to lead England to greater things than Sven has achieved??

Lets hope hes english anyway.
krauser
krauser
15:29 Mon 17 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Martin O'Neill. Not English but he's the best out of the people who are being linked with the job.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Mon 17 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
well hes close enought to english lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:46 Tue 18 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Lets hope hes english anyway.

I can't think of one good english manager.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:33 Tue 18 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
lol so you dont rate big sam or steve mclaren i guess.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:39 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks like Shearer hanging up his boots a bit premature due to injury.

I guess he could make a good Manager?
Very level headed and respected.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:45 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Arsene Wenger .... said he wants to be the next one after this .... but for now i think Mc Claren
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:01 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
lol so you dont rate big sam or steve mclaren i guess.

Mclaren spent almost 100 million and won one carling cup. Also look where they are in the league!

As for big sam, after watching bolton hoof the ball to davies for most games this season, I can't say I'd want him in charge of the national team either!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:04 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Ye but Mc claren has got his team into to semi's and they beat man u 4-1 arsenal 2-0 and chelsea 3-0 and drew with liverpool he must be doing something right....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:10 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I personally would want more of a return from about 100 million pounds.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:10 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If he won the UEFA cup and FA cup wud you rate him more highly ??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:17 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, but would still want consistancy like challenging for Europe through the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:23 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Well good job your a pompey fan n I am a liverpool one ready for the last day
pottinking06
pottinking06
06:25 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i think that martin oneal will get the england manager
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:28 Wed 19 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
id luv gus hiddink 2 getthe job but hes gon 2 russia, so it will be mclaren as the whole point of having him as svens number 2 was 2 groom him for the england job
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:16 Sun 30 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
wot about newcastles manager
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:56 Sun 30 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
roeder wont gety it, hes not even alowed 2 manage newcastle full time cos hes not qualified yet
krauser
krauser
12:38 Sun 30 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
All we've seen lately is that the FA are business men not football men. They should let people who actually have a knowlage of football decide who it should be.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Sun 30 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally i would love to see an english manager lead the national team out but thats my heart, not my head. I dont see enough in any of the english managers. I think in a few years there will be an array to choose from but not just yet.

If i had to pick an anglish candidate it would be curbishley, hes studius and tactically aware, but it would concern me about how he would handle extreme pressure ie. world cup scenarios.

I think mclaren is tactically inept and allardice just rubs me up the wrong way.

To me the only candidate it o'neil but im not too sure if his persoanl circumstance have improved?

On a side note, simon althoug i agree with you on mclaren under achieving in the league, i totally disagree with the foundations...yes hes spent quite a bit, but have they played, have they had an influence over the season opposed to players he inherited? Boro have played 14 academy players this year; not reserves or squad players - academy.

That is the only thing that keeps me thinking hes doing somethign right as hes turned the club around this season not with big signings but with young kids doing a job. Parnaby, riggot, downing, morrison, davies, johnson, cattermole (all kids but all played to get boro into uefa cup final)

Also note every other big player barring yakubu has been playing injured and on the bench - hasslebaink, quadrue, pogetetz, mendieta, viduka, southgate, boetang, parlour, downing.

add those together and the fact we rested players throughout later league games and that boro dont have a big squad and weve played the most games out of every other team. all these reasons make me believe the premiership position isnt a true refelction of the season.
cool_dude
cool_dude
15:32 Mon 1 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
They are saying that McLaren is going to be announced as england manager on thursday! second choice they had in mind i think but looks like he will get the job.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Next England Manager

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.