Pompey in takeover bid by Russian billionaire.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Fri 13 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
The only reason why that Israelian/Russian guy has taken over is because simon+Adam will know what and hes there for developing housings around pompey area and profit from portsmouth - hes a money grabber, grabbing cheques etc. Heart of a chicken.
nick
nick
Admin
00:27 Sat 14 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Doesn't bother me if the chairmen make a profit in the end, so long as they leave Pompey in a better position than when they started (which is almost certain they will do) and that they don't exploit the fans.

If someone is going to make money by completely re-developing a large run down area of Pompey I would prefer it to be a Pompey chairman than a faceless company and it's shareholders.

As for Newcastle, the team are worse than Blackburn, yet the fans as arrogant as Man United. Actually, strike that, the fans I met who lived in Newcastle were a great laugh!
__ediss__
__ediss__
01:05 Sat 14 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nick you should be proud of pompey. Redknapp has pulled them out of the fire....AGAIN. The only way is up now and personally I think at the current moment, the way they are playing that there is no-way pompey are going down. Mid-table maybe.

Edited at 07:05 Sat 14/01/06 (GMT)
nick
nick
Admin
04:30 Sat 14 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd settle for 4th from bottom, and I'm happy that should we go down we'll keep a good enough bunch of players to get us up 1st or 2nd attempt. I hope not though, as only the premiership games are shown over here, and a few years without any football will be a killer.

As for Redknapp he's damn lucky, both times he's started managing Pompey we are the team that has spent the most in the division.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:54 Sat 14 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Whats new pompey lost today...again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Mon 16 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
basically,
going back to amdy faye, he isnt for our 1st squad....like he was yours,

pecking order......LUQUE,PARKER,EMRE,SOLANO,DYER...lol

as for the take over, £15million...lmao...OWEN is worth more then your entire club.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:12 Mon 16 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Where are Newcastle in the premiership?

I think that rules you out from ever criticising another team.

Newcastle are a massive club, hugely underachieving, pompey are a relatively small club (by premiership standards) who are only a few places below Newcastle, doing well to survive.

I really do hope Pompey get this cash injection (to add to what theyve had) and go on to finish above Newcastle, purely to see the excuses you come up with.
__ediss__
__ediss__
00:30 Tue 17 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ibiza:
Emre, luque, parker, solano, dyer, n'zogbia and bowyer all ahead of faye nowadays....

Edited at 06:30 Tue 17/01/06 (GMT)
nick
nick
Admin
00:42 Tue 17 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree playerx, Newcastle are in a mess right now. Souness currently wants Vignel (a reserve player for us), Owen is their best player and is injured and doesn't want to play for them anyhow, and as for Luque he's just been voted the biggest Premiership flop this year.

We'll probably go down but hopefully we put up a good fight first. Seems like we've got the long term investment now, so we'll hopefully get the training ground and stadium sorted out, then we can compete at Premiership levels.
__ediss__
__ediss__
00:46 Tue 17 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed with Nick, the toon simply aren't what they were. Ten years past they were pasting Man Utd 5-0 and title hunting. Now they will struggle to win a fair play award....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:17 Tue 17 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Vignal....thats a disgrace!
nick
nick
Admin
12:46 Wed 18 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
You should sack Souness? Feel free to take Redknapp... in fact, please do!!
__ediss__
__ediss__
22:27 Wed 18 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol, when alan perrin is up for grabs!!! Get real Nick :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:08 Thu 19 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
We are a mess, get Souness out.

And yeah the team that beat Man Utd 5-0 with the likes of Ferdinand, Albert, Asprilla, Ginola, Lee, Hislop, Batty, Barton, Peacock, Watson, Shearer etc. were a great team for us, we need a team that can gel together like they did, we should of kept hold of the likes of John Dahl Tomasson, Sylvain Distin and Louis Saha and maybe we may have been a tad more successful.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Thu 19 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Man I'm not a massive football fan, I follow everything to do with Pompey, I know who were playing but don't give a .... about who their players are. But reading that Derp, even I remember most of the names in that Newcastle line-up of old, must have had a lasting impression on me as a youth.

Fair play Nick, hell yeah a Pompey Chairman should gain monies from the development of Pompey Village!

Just to add a sour note at the end, I can't see us staying up, espically after I saw that shocking game against Everton at the weekend. Made me wanna cry, but I've got more standards than the hundreds of scummers you saw on the last day of last season blubbering their eyes out. Made me wanna laugh. (sorry had to get a scum did in the somewhere)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:30 Thu 19 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
pompey get the new man russian dude and lose with all their new players 1-0 to everton ..... enough said
nick
nick
Admin
07:28 Fri 20 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
pompey get the new man russian dude and lose with all their new players 1-0 to everton ..... enough said

Oooh check the envy, even from Liverpool fans!

Yep, goo, agree with you, we're down barring a miracle. The money came too late, and it's pointless to gamble when we're odds on to go down. Still, we have long term funds now, so future is bright, even if the first step is backwards!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:11 Tue 31 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
new signing D'Alessandro is top notch, was voted best youngster in Argentina couple years back. Routledge is good.

Would of loved them down toon, SOUNESS OUT, SOUNESS OUT!!!

Words from Souness - happy with the current players. Then whys he always crying about injurys and lack of players. Hes a disgrace.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:12 Tue 31 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh newcastle fans, when is it going to sink in that your club is not as good as majority of fans expect or believe.

You are the biggest club in the north east...but come on is that such an acheivement, the fourth is hartlepool for gods sake.

It has been 1969 was the last time you won anything (uefa cup) and 1955 was the last time you won anything in this country (fa cup).

You have had some great players along the way but in this era of the premiership for me you have had 3 major flaws within the club...

1) You have never had a good defence or a coach able to create one.

2) Your managers come and go so quickly that theres never a foundation in the club

3) the fans expectations..this to me is the biggest, and the main reason point 2 happens all the time.

Its a shame the north east cant get their claws into the premiership as thats also where im from, but if newcastle are to do that, they really need a change in attitude and game plan.

Liverpool fans are the most arrogant, but they actually have a reason to be, newcastle dumbfound me with their expectations.
xxxxx
xxxxx
20:02 Thu 9 Mar 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
perrin and redknapp both done 13 games, perrin won battle by 2 points - should have kept him!
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Pompey in takeover bid by Russian billionaire.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.