Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:09 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Arizona Cardinals vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Should be good to watch.

This is the Cardinals first ever Superbowl, and they haven't won an NFL title since 1947. This is also their first play off appearance since 1998.

The Steelers have won the Superbowl six times, the last time being 2006. They have the strongest defence in the league.

Arizona won 9 matches and lost 7 during the regular season, compared to Pittsburgh's 12 wins and 4 defeats.
_niall_
_niall_
09:40 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'll watch the half time show, only cause Bruce Springsteen is playing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:19 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cardinals to win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:59 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
even though i live in canada
not really an NFL fan

im gonna guess

steelers 27
cardinals 14

final score
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:45 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
i got pittsburg..if cards can be effective with their running game they may have a chance
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:20 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
i realy hope its the cardinals but steelers defence is exceptional, just as good as arizonas passing game i dont like them but theyre a very good team
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
18:56 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Half time score:

Pittsburgh 17
Arizona 7

Amazing end to the first half. Arizona were making a drive for the goal but the pass was intercepted by some Pittsburgh guy who ran the length of the pitch to score at the other end. The decision was reviewed and upheld. 17-7. Now for Brucey
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:18 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Half time was fairly disappointing TBH. Got the steelers jersey on and the feet up...great game so far..lot to go though to live up to last year's final

Willy Parker = GOD
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:38 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have no idea what's going on!!!

Commentary may as well be in spanish for all it matters lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:36 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BTW I'm fairly happy right now!

WooooooooooooooHooooooooooo
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:21 Mon 2 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
who won??

i am hoping Arizona because there is an Aussie (Ben Graham) in there who was an ex Aussie Rules player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:30 Mon 2 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pittsburg won 27-23
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:45 Mon 2 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fitzgerld scored with like 3 minutes to go, giving the steelers enough time for a final drive. Arizona made the mistake of rushing Ben on Pittsburg's following drive. They gave him plenty of opportunities to throw it, and he did. They shouldve played 4-3 prevent, instead they rushed 5 or 6 guys, which in turn left all the receivers in one-on-one situations. Santanio Holmes embarrassed the defense on the final drive. Pittsburg scored with little under a mintue to go, but the Cardinals had poor clock management capped off with the Steeler coverage in the secondary (who only rushed 3-4 people). They couldnt do it. And with 5 seconds left, Warner fumbles, game over. Steelers are the first team in NFL history to have 6 Super Bowl victories, but the Cowboys (My team) still hold the record for the most visits with 8 (5 wins)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Superbowl XLIII

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.