Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:58 Tue 9 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
What are your thoughts?

Who do you think is going to win?

I think Manchester is to strong and they are going to win.

My boy Adelaide United are playing tomorrow and i think they are going to win that game, but then they have a hard draw after that.

I hope Adelaide can play Manchester that is my dream.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:21 Tue 9 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't know, the South American teams tend to do pretty well having won 3 out of the 4 World Club Cups there've been.

Adelaide should beat Waitekere, but they've already lost to Gamba Osaka in the Asian Champions League so their chances don't look great.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:25 Tue 9 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
yea the south American will do well.

Adelaide a with out a doubt going to win tomorrow, but i am worried about Gamba, they are a class team, i saw them play in Adelaide. they are so quick bet one touch football i have seen. This might be an excuse but we couldn't play 2 of our 1st teamers, but i still think if adelaide stop endo, they will win but very hard task. if we win that omg we are going to play Man u and i don't think they would win that, but then again big games can make players play very well, eg australia v argentina one of the defenders can't remember name play his best agaisnt maradona, and they only lost by one goal(bookmakers were saying it was going to be a huge win for argie), you never no
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:06 Wed 10 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thing you have to remember is that these teams don't have the class of the united squad and no matter how poor united have played this season and even though they are still in first gear, they can kill of the challenges with their reserve squad, let alone the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov.

United to win the tournament without conceding a goal is my prediction!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:14 Wed 10 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, i know and i personally think Adelaide cannot get further than man u, man u is to strong, but it would be a good opportunity for Australian soccer to play a team like man u.

My prediction man u wins
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:31 Wed 10 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never seen an austraillian team so i would also like to see that
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
15:00 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Man Utd - Champions of the World! Woooooooo!!!

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:50 Mon 22 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
that had a great semi game, great to watch.

seen better finals though but well done Man u, but will the CWC hurt man u for the rest of the season, in my eyes no!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:24 Mon 22 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Glory Glory Man United!
Glory Glory Man United!
Glory Glory Man United!
As the Reds go marching ON ON ON!
nick
nick
Admin
11:04 Mon 22 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Congratulations, you won it all except the biggest domestic cup competition in the world.

Sorry lads.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:01 Mon 22 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
LOL!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:22 Mon 22 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ain't you from Australia aflumpire??

Remember that time when Man Utd didn't enter the FA Cup because of this world cup thing? I thought they should of been banned from entering for years after!!!

Well done anyway - you proved you can beat a load of clubs who have less money than you and whom no one had ever heard of........

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:02 Mon 22 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Ain't you from Australia aflumpire??

yes, but I dont like Adelaide

Its great to see them playing against with the best clubs in world football...but Man U is my first team!

I go for Queensland Roar in the A-League - who now has to play two matches in three days or so in different states because of Adelaide!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:00 Fri 26 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think about Adelaide who had to travel to other sides of the world and play the three games and ur complaining that they have to travel and play three games in Australia, Adelaide proved that they can travel the world and play three games and still be on top on the table.
1_eye said:

Well done anyway - you proved you can beat a load of clubs who have less money than you and whom no one had ever heard of........

LOL
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:26 Fri 26 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
if u put it that was, then yes I am!!

Last time I checked, Japan is not the other side of the world lol

Adelaide has done well...but now they got to back up at home, like Man U, Osaka and others are doing well...ADL are top of the table, but are they the 'world class team' that the whole of Australia thinks they are?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:55 Fri 26 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
true they arent the world class team, but they did good, and yes japan isnt on the other side of the world, but the game at Uzbekistan was
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:44 Sun 28 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:

We proved we can beat a load of clubs that have less money than us and that nobody has ever heard of? How did Manchester United qualify to get into the Club World Championships? Beaten the likes of Lyon, Roma, Barcelona, Chelsea (Oh i forgot they haven't got as much money as us do they lol)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:30 Sun 28 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think people in the uk would have taken it more seriously if it was between man u and someone like boca juniors or santos even though quito did ualify by being winning the south american cup, however like all competitions created purely for financial gain, it will not be a long term succes, whih is unfortunate for the likes of gamba or hearts of oak etc but man u simply should be concentrating on domestic matters rather than a friendly tournament in the far east
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Sun 28 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
_mewtwo_ said:
1_eye said:

We proved we can beat a load of clubs that have less money than us and that nobody has ever heard of? How did Manchester United qualify to get into the Club World Championships? Beaten the likes of Lyon, Roma, Barcelona, Chelsea (Oh i forgot they haven't got as much money as us do they lol)

You obviously miss my point.................

What I'm saying is, is that the tournement is a joke with a load of nobody clubs, I can't understand why Man Utd would waste their time, but obviously they felt it was worth it.......... just imagine all that money coming from Asia now!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Club World Cup

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.