ultimate fighting championship(ufc) chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone wanna chat bout the ufc ill be happy to do so ive been doing mma(mixed martial arts) for 4 years now i specilise in bbj(brazilian jiu jitsiu) and kickboxing my favorite fighters are randy coutoure,chuck liddel,bablou brosoul,kenny florian,diego shanchez,forrest griffen to name a few so any ufc chat would be cool tanx
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:35 Sun 29 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
You've named a few great fighters there mate!

only recently got into watching but i like the look of bisping.ok he will never be a couture or liddell but he is british and giving it his all im glad hes moved down a wait.he looks alot faster at middle.thought the deaf lad won the fight between them though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:27 Mon 30 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mike is up and coming quick it was a close fight with him and matt but his debut fight at 185 was amazing everything you would want from a fighter who has dropped a weight class and its nice to see a fighter from this side off the pond fighting in america..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Mon 30 Jun 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I've gone off UFC lately. I'm a big fan of MMA, and the reason I've gone off UFC is because it's just incredibly global. Far too many fighters, and they hired Block Lesnar. Dear lord.

I'm really looking forward to Affliction's debut show. :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:59 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
drunk_townie said:
I've gone off UFC lately. I'm a big fan of MMA, and the reason I've gone off UFC is because it's just incredibly global. Far too many fighters, and they hired Block Lesnar. Dear lord.

I'm really looking forward to Affliction's debut show. :)
affliction should be great dont get me wrong but the same thing is going to happen as the ufc theyll grow get more fighters (new ones) the debut matches look awesome and it should be exciting a new but at the end off the day its going to be the same..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
There was a video I watched of Elite, y'know, the one where Goldberg is the announcer/interviewer? Well, at four minutes there was an obvious staged 'try and attack' angle, which was just like you'd get at WWE, TNA or ROH or some professional wrestling company. I'll find the video for you;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5JTghULnAM

That has to be staged, just wait for about 4:00 into it. Now, I can see UFC going like that; and the fighters who go 'over' will get more regular fights. It's inevitable. Affliction's money isn't everlasting, though, and so if their debut PPV, which you have to pay for does well; they'll be okay. But their ppv is on the same time as UFC Fight Night. It could be a wise or stupid move from the bookers of the organisation.
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:33 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Going head-to-head is a terrible strategy for an up and coming company IMO and is bound to cause them a lower buyrate.

As many here know, i'm a long time wrestling fan, however i really got in to UFC when thier first few events became avaliable on the tape trading boards.

However, i rarely watch it now simply due to the format and what was just mentioned aout having angles and promo's similar to wrestling, but usually 10 times worse because these are actual fighters, not wrestlers.

Usually i end up just watching the actual fights online and saving my viewing time for people who can talk like Jericho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
There's a website called http://www.channelsurfing.net/

It allows us to watch online sports broadcasted from all around the world, including PPVs; all free. I'm going to record UFC on the TV and watch Affliction live. I refuse to buy PPVs of any kind.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:50 Wed 2 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
drunk_townie said:
There's a website called http://www.channelsurfing.net/

It allows us to watch online sports broadcasted from all around the world, including PPVs; all free. I'm going to record UFC on the TV and watch Affliction live. I refuse to buy PPVs of any kind.

gave that link ago got lost and gave up lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:27 Fri 4 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Rampage vs Forrest on Saturday night

On like 3am though, live on Setenta Sports
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:40 Mon 7 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
The Rampage vs Forrest fight sucked, i had it a draw or Rampage taking the win, they said the judges gave first round to Forrest when Rampage hurt him twice in that round and had him just trying to survive at the end. Was so mad at the decision. Hope they give Bisping a shot at the belt after a couple of fights.
keoghz
keoghz
11:54 Tue 8 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
javen said:
The Rampage vs Forrest fight sucked, i had it a draw or Rampage taking the win, they said the judges gave first round to Forrest when Rampage hurt him twice in that round and had him just trying to survive at the end. Was so mad at the decision. Hope they give Bisping a shot at the belt after a couple of fights.

thats what i wouldve said
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:43 Thu 24 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
anderson silva is the man at the moment though
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

ultimate fighting championship(ufc) chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.