Pages: 1
mufc2008
mufc2008
13:35 Wed 16 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
ronaldinho he wont get as much games there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:14 Tue 29 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronaldinho, has made a good decision on not moving to Manchester City, AC Milian is about right.
mufc2008
mufc2008
16:24 Tue 29 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
robbie keane joined liverpool for 19 million could rise too 20.1 million
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:56 Fri 5 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
robbie keane is a clear waste of money. Lassana Diarra of portsmouth, higuan of real madrid all on their way to manchester city?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Sun 7 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Keane can go through lengthy bad spells, but once he gets going he's a great poacher. Needs a run in the team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:55 Sun 7 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
If man u don't sign tevez (which i think would be the most stupidest mistake Sir Alex Ferguson has made in his whole career), they will probably attempt to get Benzema, and they will probably get him.

I personally think keane is a waste of money, now that torres will be out for a while u think Keane would be the stand out striker, but he hasn't. Liverpool need to sign another striker maybe Sergio Augero for atletico, they probably will be able to sign him(money might be a problem) they have brought torres from there might have a good relationship with Atletico.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:39 Sun 7 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
There may be another push from R Madrid to get C Ronaldo for big $$$

wouldnt be suprised if there is a push like that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:20 Sun 7 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:
There may be another push from R Madrid to get C Ronaldo for big $$$

wouldnt be suprised if there is a push like that.

I think real madrid would like to make another push, but they won't they know that CR wants to stay with Manchester and SAF won't allow him to leave, unless he wants the money for benzema and tevez and mabye another youngster like CR
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:52 Sun 7 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
but Benzema and Tevez are fowards. If Ronaldo was to go, they would want another midfielder!!

and didnt Tevez just leave man u a few months ago??

need an aussie in the Man U outfit.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:14 Sun 7 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
benzema can play on the wing, and no we still have tevez, we have got him on loan till the summer transfer period, we have to spend 26 mil to have him considered our player.

I wish we could have a aussie player.

Hopefully adelaide utd can play man u in the CWC semis, then us aussie can show we can play soccer. I think aussie players would fit into the EPL, we are quick and strong players and especially our tackles(no hold bar there), you never know they could play for man one day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
who said we couldnt?

We had Kewell at Liverpool, we have Cahill at Everton, Scwhatzer at Middlesbourgh, Neill at West Ham....and more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i was talking bout man u not the whole of epl
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick_111 said:
nick_111 said:
i was talking bout man u not the whole of epl

I think aussie players would fit into the EPL, we are quick and strong players and especially our tackles(no hold bar there)

lol.., thats what you said.

bottom line is that I would love to see an Aussie in a BIG club, but when push comes to shove, the euro guys have the skill, the knowledge, the name and that dotted line to sign on.

Edited at 08:24 Mon 8/12/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:29 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sry write is down wrong, anyways.

The majority of aussie don't have skill like european players, but us aussie have strength and determination and this would fit into the epl and yes it would be great to have a another aussie in a big team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:46 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not sure, having seen both leagues played (as well as some lower league games in the UK), I have to say the A-league players are nowhere near EPL level, maybe Championship or League One level.

I don't mean this as a criticism, as the A-League is only a few seasons old, and the success of Adelaide United in the Asian Champion's League shows just how far it's come in such a short time; and also soccer is still very much a minotiry sport over here, so it can't be expected to compete at the top level just yet.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick_111 said:

I personally think keane is a waste of money, now that torres will be out for a while u think Keane would be the stand out striker, but he hasn't. Liverpool need to sign another striker maybe Sergio Augero for atletico, they probably will be able to sign him(money might be a problem) they have brought torres from there might have a good relationship with Atletico.

I have to say, being Irish, I'm probably a bit bias towards Robbie so I take your point.
But as for saying there should be Aussies playing for Man U, there are none anyway near that standard at the moment. Kewell is past it, Viduka is a good finisher but too lazy, Cahill is a good mid-table performer, Schwarzer couldn't keep his place at Boro, Lucas Neill is simply not good enough... Tell me, what Australian is honestly good enough to play for any of the top teams? I'd be surprised if you came up with a credible candidate.

Edited at 19:26 Mon 8/12/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:05 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
there is definietly no one there now, the Socceroos are getting old and there is no question about that.

I think the best Aussie in the EPL ia Cahill. There is new talent coming through, but we still dont have an international superstar thats worth $10000000 (you know what i mean )

and it will be a while. Dont expect any Aussie getting transfered from the A-League this year!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
_andyh87_ said:
nick_111 said:

I have to say, being Irish, I'm probably a bit bias towards Robbie so I take your point.
But as for saying there should be Aussies playing for Man U, there are none anyway near that standard at the moment. Kewell is past it, Viduka is a good finisher but too lazy, Cahill is a good mid-table performer, Schwarzer couldn't keep his place at Boro, Lucas Neill is simply not good enough... Tell me, what Australian is honestly good enough to play for any of the top teams? I'd be surprised if you came up with a credible candidate.

Edited at 19:26 Mon 8/12/08 (GMT)

I was saying it would be great to have an aussie play for a big team, like man u.

I personally think cahill is the best aussie we have, but we do have so good youngsters coming through the ranks.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Mon 8 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
hothead_bob said:
I'm not sure, having seen both leagues played (as well as some lower league games in the UK), I have to say the A-league players are nowhere near EPL level, maybe Championship or League One level.

I don't mean this as a criticism, as the A-League is only a few seasons old, and the success of Adelaide United in the Asian Champion's League shows just how far it's come in such a short time; and also soccer is still very much a minotiry sport over here, so it can't be expected to compete at the top level just yet.

I have to agree, the a-league is nowhere at the level of the EPL, but don't forget we don't have the money like the teams in the EPL have and our league is only 4 -6 yrs old.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:48 Fri 12 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
_andyh87_ said:
Keane can go through lengthy bad spells, but once he gets going he's a great poacher. Needs a run in the team.

he's had a run in the team 15 games is long enough to prove yourself at a big club like Liverpool talk of him back at Spurs swap deal with Lennon and O'Hara coming to anfield
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

EPL transfer predictions

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.