EPL transfer predictions

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:03 Mon 15 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
do u think spurs will purchase a goal keeper in place of gomez .i think he has got his confidence back after the manu game.

and will city sell joe hart if they do manage to buy buffon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Mon 15 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
no because gomes is playing better now than he was. no city will keep joe hart and sell him later because they will get more for him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Mon 15 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spurs will pick up someone like Shay Given or David James (an obvious choice as Redknapp's former portsmouth stopper). I think Gomes has made a bad first impression that he will not be able to repair by playing well in one or two games. Remember Diego Forlan at united a few years back? It took him ages to get scoring and by the time he did he had developed a rep' as a goalmouth flop. Even when he started knocking them in his goals were treated with patronisation due to his earlier impotence in front of goal. Basically Gomes is a gonner!
And I don't know if Hart will be sold, he is still young so a spell as understudy to a world class keeper like Buffon would do him the world of good. I think he should stay regardless of whether he is starting every week or not.

Edited at 22:54 Mon 15/12/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:00 Mon 15 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
sc0tt said:

he's had a run in the team 15 games is long enough to prove yourself at a big club like Liverpool talk of him back at Spurs swap deal with Lennon and O'Hara coming to anfield

He's had a run but always gets taken off after an hour. How is he supposed to perform knowing he only has a limited window of time in which to do his stuff? Benitez showed his lack of judgement last weekend by replacing Mascherano with Lucas (a FLOP!) when they needed a goal and leaving Keane on the bench. Why couldn't he have brought on the other striker N'Gog at least? Tactical idiocy.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:23 Fri 19 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
he gets taken off after an hour because he never shows that theres a slight chance that he could score, and david n'gog is an absolute disaster. I would rather have carragher up front than play keane or n'gog
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:13 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Still doesn't excuse playing a 4-5-1 at home. To Hull.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:54 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes, but the 4-5-1 formation always has an attacking midfielder right up alongside the striker. 1 defensive midfielder and 3 more midfielders pushing forward. The way Liverpool use this formation it becomes an attacking formation
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:14 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah but my point is a good manager needs to be able to adjust his tactics in a situation like they found themselves in against Hull. Benitez did nothing, or worse than nothing, by taking Mascherano off for Lucas.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:11 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree with what your saying but depite mascherano being a better player lucas is a slightly more attacking player. Liverpool should of had Gerrard supporting Keane more against Arsenal. Nabid El Zhar is hopeless
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Off after 80mins again today, despite scoring a cracker.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:58 Sun 21 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
he was obviously tiring after 80 mins was a good goal though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:56 Sat 27 Dec 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Another two for Keano yesterday! Things are beginning to look up for him eh?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:13 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
_andyh87_ said:
Another two for Keano yesterday! Things are beginning to look up for him eh?
obviously not as he is linked with a move back to tottenham and liverpool prove with convincing 2-0 win over chelsea that he isnt needed
_niall_
_niall_
13:20 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Keane will be back at Spurs tomorrow I reckon, hopefully anyway, need him playing week in week out for Ireland's sake!

And Shay Given signing for Man City for 8 million pound...if Buffon is worth the 30 million pound plus paid for him, that's an absolute bargain!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Sun 8 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
sc0tt said:
obviously not as he is linked with a move back to tottenham and liverpool prove with convincing 2-0 win over chelsea that he isnt needed

Kind of out of context when you respond over a month later!
Benitez showed himself up as the bad man manager that he is in the way he treated Robbie. He didn't deserve that, whatever you're opinion of him. I'm glad he returned to Spurs, at least he'll be appreciated for the good player that he is.
And whatever about that "convincing" win over Chelsea (two late goals against 10 men), they barely scraped a win against Portsmouth, in fact they almost lost. Torres is their only top class striker. Kuyt, N'Gog, el Zhar? Ha! It's United's title to lose now.

Edited at 22:16 Sun 8/02/09 (GMT)
_niall_
_niall_
16:22 Sun 8 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with most of your post Andy, but I think it's unfair to belittle Dirk Kuyt like that...Gerrard aside, he has been Liverpool's best player this season, and when he turns it on he is a top, top player. But yep, it certainly is United's title to lose, stranger things have happened though...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Sun 8 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah Kuyt is a great worker and is good at what he does, but he's never going to bag you 20 goals a season. That's what I'm getting at. It just really p1ssed me off the way Benitez treated Keane. It was obvious from his interviews he wanted him out, refusing to back him as being part of his plans. He has made some terrible managerial decisions lately, taking off his best players at crucial stages, not starting his best team, starting players like N'Gog, etc. Since his Keegan-esque anti-Fergie rant a few weeks back he has lost all credibility, in my eyes and in the eyes of most non-Liverpool fans.

Edited at 22:45 Sun 8/02/09 (GMT)
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

EPL transfer predictions

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.