joey barton gets 6 months!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

madmiketyson
madmiketyson
07:49 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7409943.stm

Premier League footballer Joey Barton has been jailed for assault and affray.

Barton, 25, was arrested in Liverpool on 27 December 2007 after he was involved in a confrontation outside a McDonald's restaurant in the city.

The midfielder, of Foxbank Close, Widnes, admitted the charges last month but reporting restrictions were only lifted on Tuesday.

He appeared at Liverpool Crown Court where he was jailed by a judge for six months.

Think newcastle will sack him?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:07 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Deserves it too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:12 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lol its nice to see gd things happen to the mags lol ftm 4 ever
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:28 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
well deserved , hope the prat and more idiots like him get what they deserve the nasty racist git
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:20 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Barton had drunk 10 pints of lager and five bottles of lager during the night, before going to a McDonald's restaurant on Church Street.

The group got into a heated discussion with some youths inside the restaurant.

Yet another person that can't ignore things like this and just go home. I hate people that drink and attempt to cause problems, just walk away from it all, more than enough pubs in town to move on to!!!

But yes, well deserved and Mike, his career is probably over.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
11:10 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
His club said in a statement: "Newcastle United notes the sentence passed to Joey Barton at Liverpool Crown Court today.

"The club is considering the verdict and will be making no further comment at this moment."

I still dont think they will sack him to be honest. They paid a lot of money not very long ago to sign him and i just cant see them letting him go for free. As soon as he comes out he will get a contract with a prem/chmapionship club a la lee hughes. He signed a contract with oldham before he came out of prison! They only got him cos hed been inside for so long and was a shadow his former self.
6 months isnt that long and the majority of people i know who come out of prison come out fitter and bigger than they went in. A footballer in there will no doubt be well looked after compared to a normal con so he will probably come out just as good a player if not better.
Not that i dont agree with the comments above- this is just reality
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:11 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
It's good to see a celeb being treated like an average joe for a change and not just getting a slap on the wrist's.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
da_chump said:
It's good to see a celeb being treated like an average joe for a change and not just getting a slap on the wrist's.

lol joey barton a celeb....he's just an idiot and a criminal, ...and he's not even that good a footballer! will probably end up playin championship football before too long, newcastle should get rid of him

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 10:49 Sat 24/05/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol carm down

But he Deserves it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:18 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats a bold boy.

*slaps*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:50 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
_niallo_ said:
da_chump said:

lol joey barton a celeb....he's just an idiot and a criminal...and he's not even that good a footballer! will probably end up playin championship football before too long, newcastle should get rid of him

yep i agree that he is pretty crap- but in reality stoke or somebody would sign him in the january transfer window when he got released from pen and if he did well then hed get a move back to an established team.
Not that i think he should, i just know that would happen!

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 10:52 Sat 24/05/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
He should never be able to play again.

Bad representative for English Fotball.

Good Player Through! And it's a shame.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
thundercats said:
lol its nice to see gd things happen to the mags lol ftm 4 ever

You mean good things like not losing to the mackems for so long I can't even remember the last loss?

He's a disgrace to the club, and we should never have signed him in the first place, he was already in trouble due to the Dabo case (Which he still needs to get a sentence for), yet Fat Sam & Fat Freddie still decide that he would be a good signing, sums the two people up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:05 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Just a pity he didn't get longer.No time for people like him. He's an animal who belongs in a cage.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Tue 20 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
life is full of suprises lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Thu 22 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Newcastle just realeased their new shirt today...

Posted Image

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:52 Fri 23 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
toontomh said:
Newcastle just realeased their new shirt today...

Posted Image

hahahaha good 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

joey barton gets 6 months!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.