Hopkins VS Calzaghe

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:59 Sat 5 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Former World Middleweight champion Bernard Hopkins has advertised for a body double to replace him in his highly anticipated fight with Welsh boxer Joe Calzaghe later this month.

Hopkins has been auditioning lookalikes at his home in Philadelphia for weeks. He is said to be offering $5,000,000 to anyone who will fight for him.

"I realize I have made a big mistake" said the 43 year old Hopkins "When I agreed to fight Joe I asked a friend to send me videos of the guy in action. I admit I wasn't impressed and took the fight. Unfortunately I was watching the wrong guy."

Hopkin's says "When I actually met Calzaghe in the flesh I realized he was not who I was expecting to meet. I did some research and saw that he is actually pretty good. I am going to get creamed."

Meanwhile high pitched voiced comedian Joe Pasquale confirms that an order of videos of his hilarious act were sent to Hopkins' home last year.

Edited at 07:00 Sat 5/04/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:45 Sat 5 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Dude this is a hoax right?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:51 Sat 5 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
i no thats a hoax but a cant wait for that fight!! especially after hopkins said he refuses to be beaten by a "white boy" i think hopkins is gonna get beaten badly!!
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
10:20 Sat 5 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
APRIL FOOLS DAY IS THE FIRST

i think the white boy is gonna mess up the old man
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:03 Sat 5 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I think I pretty much summed it up in the other boxing thread. Hopkins will have to knock out Joe by the 2nd Round! After that, Joe will dance round him and slap him till he's seeing stars.

Personally I think Hopkins should of been laughed out of boxing after his comment. I think had it been the other way round, Joe would of been disciplined by an authority of some sort, and rightfully so. Hopkins is a fat lazy gobby joke. I hope Jo teaches him a lesson in manners.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Sat 5 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:28 Mon 7 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Mon 7 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone watch Khan the other night? I thought it was quite an impressive fight from him, certainly learning how to pic and choose when to get em. Even if they are on the floor when your punching them! Although to be fair to Khan, he would of won eventually, and the ref should of been quicker getting in there!
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
16:03 Mon 7 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
He steamrollered him at the end of that fight! I was shouting at the TV; "go on son knock him out"- i think hes a good fighter to watch and he proved the other night he has a decent chin as well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:40 Mon 7 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think he has a glass chin, which everyone seems to believe. I do think it'll get tested more as he keeps going, but only one way to find out if he's the best!

I think, contrary to what I normally say about Frank Warren, that Frank has it right. 1 more fight, then the big one. One more test against another solid boxer, then got for it.

I think everyone forgot, that guy had never been stopped like that before, and he'd thought some fights! Was a great achievement of Khans!

Froch got anything lined up in the future? He'll never fight Jo so he can forget that! lol
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
17:51 Mon 7 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Carl has his eliminator fight against Denis Inkin on 10 May in nottingham- after that he either fights calzaghe or calzaghe relinquishes the belt and he fights someone for the belt ( the eliminator could turn out to be for the world title if as expected joe steps up to lightheavy.... hoping he beats him and then joe has a change of heart :D

i think its about as likely as witter and hatton tho now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:31 Tue 8 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
I don't think he has a glass chin, which everyone seems to believe.

Hmm. He did get knocked down by a feather-fisted nobody, to be fair... and I don't think a single one of his opponents has a halfway decent KO record. Would be interesting to see how he get's on against someone with a bit of power.

1_eye said:
I think, contrary to what I normally say about Frank Warren, that Frank has it right. 1 more fight, then the big one. One more test against another solid boxer, then got for it.

Yeah I agree, but only if that fight is against Katsidis, Peterson or Juan Diaz (the logical 3 seeing as he seems to be going down the WBO route). I can't see Frank Warren being too enthusiastic about any of those 3 though... they actually stand a chance of winning.

Kristjansen isn't a terrible fighter, but he's hardly in the same league as the top lightweights. Can't understand why he's ranked so highly by WBO to be honest.

Edited at 11:40 Tue 8/04/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Sun 13 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I cant wait not long to go now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Mon 14 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
worst sport thread ever
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
12:06 Tue 15 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
007jb1 said:
worst sport thread ever

why?
cityfan84
cityfan84
13:12 Tue 15 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
007jb1 said:
worst sport thread ever

I could make a bala dancing thread
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Tue 15 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
007jb1 said:
worst sport thread ever

^ Worst post ever ^

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:02 Tue 15 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Bala dancing!? Sounds interesting, does it involve nipple tassles at all!???

Woods lost to Tarver over the weekend, anyone watch it? I didn't, never really rated Woods and didn't think he'd stand much of a chance against Tarver!

However I do have a certain feeling a certain Brit will be claiming a good victory soon......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Tue 15 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I really don't mean to cause an argument and annoy the mods but is 'nipple tassles' appropriate? I mean you do say there are children on this site and don't think it would be a good example to set, as I said I really am not trying to argue here, just wondered?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Tue 15 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lol but thats what they are called. what else could he say??!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Hopkins VS Calzaghe

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.