Hopkins VS Calzaghe

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:27 Sat 19 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
lol yeah though will he fight both if he beats one of them because of the money, fame and glamour that came with that fight?! think joe enjoyed the camera a bit too much

hopkins didnt even acknowledge that joe did the most punches ever landed on him by a fighter; and how long has hopkins been going??

good fight and i think hopkins deserves an oscar
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:12 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done Joe, da iawn bach Still undeafeated!!

What a man, what a fighter, what a Welshman

Bring on Roy Jones!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:47 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Was a shocking fight not worthy of the hype. Hopkins did what we knew he would, he spoiled every round, he did land the better, cleaner punches but too few.

All in all best forgotten Joe, so it's a case of NEXT! and lets hope he doesn't fight as poorly again.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
08:48 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
dr_lovepump said:
£500 on Calzaghe to win, oh dear

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well what can i say?, it wasn't anything unexpected, a dirty game plan by hopkins as always, but the grit and determination of joe got him through as always.

The first round wasn't a good one for him, was a clean shot from hopkins, but although he went down (Calzaghe) he took it well he got straight up and carried on battling like a true champion, i personally thought it was all Hopkins up until the 4th round when Calzaghe started to open Hopkins up a little bit with his jabs.

In the last 4-5 round i thought Hokins got petty, with the 'low-blow' that just clearly wasn't, it hit just below the belt line and to take a 2 minute breather for that was ridiculous but unfortunately it's in the rule book and he was entitled to have 5 minutes to recover, and again in the next round i think he faked another low blow, it was obvious what his plan was he was slowing the fight down and keep joe down to a steady pace, but credit to him he ket fighting his fight although it didn't seem that way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:19 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
but Joe did well, his first fight in USA, but not only his first fight there, his first fight as a light heavyweight. I think his next fight will be either Roy Jones, or if not that, then a possibl rematch with Hopkins in Wales?, i wouldn't write Hopkins out yet as he will want to prove he aint a loser (but he is ) not that i think he'll come away from the states to fight but it's possible... or even a fight with Antonio Tarver?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:41 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
niether deserved to win, awful fight, but someone had to win so glad it was calzaghe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:55 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
just watched it and it was rubbish!! but glad joe won!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Finally got the chance to post about the fight.

Personally, i thought Hopkins was a bit dirty, Calzaghe and his Pelvis movements were brilliant!!! I would have gave him the win just for that.

All in all, it was a fairly disappointing fight, i was expecting more than 1 knock down.
Ah well, it had it's moments and i'm glad Calzaghe is still undefeated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
presh_86 said:
niether deserved to win, awful fight, but someone had to win so glad it was calzaghe

Lol did you watch it

Joe did deserved it though. If Hopkins had won it (thank god he never), he wouldnt have deserved it. Dirty as. I was going mad at him!

Joe did box well. It wasnt a fight as much but he was boxing him. Lol if that makes sense!

Everytime Joe would go to Hopkins he would do something to slow him down or stop him by headlock or holding on!

Yeah i do agree Hopkins had about two (no not those two cheap shots!) very good hits on Joe, one being the knock down.

It wasnt as bad as some people are saying bacause we all knew what Hopkins is like. Joe did the best he could against a guy who had dirty tactics, especially when he knew he was going to lose. So credit to Joe for the clever boxing.

Like i said in earlier post Hopkins didnt even acknowledge that joe did the most punches ever landed on him by a fighter. That is saying something!

Edited at 00:59 Mon 21/04/08 (BST)
_steven_
_steven_
20:04 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Hopkins is such a sore loser, he needs to get over himself lol. He lost to a welsh person, surely that can't be so bad? *shudders and looks at the_goonies*..haha.

Nah im joking lol..well done mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:27 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
am glad i watched it this afternoon because if i stayed up till 3am to watch that the tv would be lyin in the front garden!!

thank you sky+!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:49 Sun 20 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol at the two posts above

Though I did miss two rounds because I lost my link and my I.E closed so I might have missed something.

Also credit to Joe for not saying something to all the comments Hopkins had been saying.

Hopefully Jones will be better match up and I think it will be. The guy has respect!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:58 Mon 21 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Didn't see it sky plussed it at brother in law burt he deleted it already

So anyone want to walk me through the fight ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:25 Mon 21 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
all you missed was joe going down in the first , hopkins getting "sore" 's calzaghe doing some interesting thrusts (americans didnt approve) then after that it was quite boring!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:18 Wed 23 Apr 08 (BST)  [Link]  
For anyone that missed it I heard the BBC are going to show it on sunday. Not sure what time though
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Hopkins VS Calzaghe

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.