Keegan's Back!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:43 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well he's back in charge of Newcastle again and I'm happy with the appointment because in the 5 years he was there the first time, he saved us from relegation in the old division two, got us promoted into the old first division (now the prem) and also nearly winning us the league in 1995 and finishing 2nd again in 1996.. so hopefully we'll have some gd times again

Edited at 19:46 Wed 16/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:50 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its not the manager- its the players-
given time big sam would have done well for ya.

You got a good goalie but a crap defence- joey barton in midfield is hardly inspiring either.

He needs to make a fair few decent signings to turn you into a side capable of finishing second
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lmao, never ever ever ever in our lifetime will Newcastle united finish 2nd in the Premiership, I hope Keegan makes Shearer his assistant will be a right laugh.

Big Sam is twice the manager Keegan is or ever will be, its the players they're lazy barstools.

Quite bewildered actually why Keegan would want to risk tarnishing his "Legend" status on the Tyneside, he could go from hero to zero within less than a year, but yeah the Newcastle supporters will give him 12 months to make them successful opposed to the usual 6 months.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:10 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i didnt say they would do it- i said they could be capable of doing it- i agree it wont happen for a while (who knows, an abramovich type could buy them)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:11 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I never said you did, I was typing generally.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:16 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i know- so was i
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:32 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lmao I just saw the 1996 interview before the Man Utd vs Newcastle match where he said:

"I'd love it if we beat them... LOVE IT"

Quality.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:39 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Forget managers... 3 defenders, 2 centre midfielders and a striker is what Newcastle need before they can even realistically achieve a UEFA Cup spot.

The problem at Newcastle is that the fans expect far too much. That leads to instability because every manager they bring in gets sacked for 'underachieving'. It's a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully the clowns in the Newcastle boardroom will give Keegan at least a couple of years, instead of the usual 6 to 12 months.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bit like Liverpool did with Benitez?

He'll be gone within a year..........(Keegan)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
allardyce played people out of position to incorparate the likes of geremi n alan amith, clean slate now keegan will use milner and nzogbia to thier full capability , youll see a big difference, some good individuals need moulding together, keegans the motivator to get best from them, hell also lift the crowd.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:07 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I give him until May, then he will lose his job. Newcastle are a disgrace the way their managers get treated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
cant understand this one, miles better out there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:08 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
presh_86 said:
cant understand this one, miles better out there

The trouble is no top manager with any sense would want the job at the moment.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:21 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
very true, but they could have at least tried, the worst that cud happen is they say no like redknapp, deschamps was in all the papers this morn wonder where he went lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:24 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deschamps had more sense! Why come over here to get sacked 4 months down the line??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:25 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
too true, keegan must be a little skint then and need his bank topping up til end of season lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Who knows? Maybe he thinks he wont get the same treatment as the last few managers because of his previous record on Tyneside.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:04 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think he can do the job but just thought as they were a 'big club' to try to move forward with a new manger not a previous one. Only time will tell.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:40 Thu 17 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
For 4 million pound per year I'd manage Newcastle.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:06 Thu 17 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Might finish 2nd again but won't be for a good 10 years or so. Gotta remember Newcastle are now a mid table team. They lose to teams like Brmingham no disrespect to them. But they have a hell of a long way to go to get to Utd's level as shown last week.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Keegan's Back!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.