England V Croatia

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:49 Sun 18 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
No Owen or Rooney. Are England going to do what they need to do to qualify? What's your thoughts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:51 Sun 18 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
1-0 to england. penalty to decide it, scrappy performance but they go through
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Mon 19 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Alan Hanson came out with a good comment on the TV the other day...

IF england qualify they'll be the favourites to win it

(Yeh right)

I hope Croatia thrash us. Then the team might start playing properly by the time the World Cup turns up.
alex19933
alex19933
11:27 Mon 19 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
_talented_ it dont work like that we need a draw to qualify as our head to head matches against russia leave us victorious
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
11:58 Mon 19 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think he means we will score a penalty at some point to win not that it will go to penalties
personally i think having been given this lifeline we will lose and mcdonut will get sacked

obviously id like us to be there though- thats just how little i think of the current set up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:18 Mon 19 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes exaclty mike! jeesh alex read it proper matey!
alex19933
alex19933
12:42 Mon 19 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
hehe sorry lol my thoughts are we could win it as croatia will be laid back knowing there already through like they did losing 2-0 to macedonia!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Mon 19 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopefully we can win 2-0 then finish top, would be quite a turn around, but ill take the draw. Cant see it being a good game, just lots of nervousness lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:27 Tue 20 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
squeezy said:
Alan Hanson came out with a good comment on the TV the other day...

IF england qualify they'll be the favourites to win it

(Yeh right)

They actually would be the favourites (or at least very close to favourites) with English bookmakers, simply because far more people in England will place bets on their own country than any other. If England were given odds closer to what their recent performances deserve, and then they somehow managed to win the tournament, Ladbrokes would go bankrupt.

Anyway, being without Owen shouldn't matter much. We're always without Owen so what difference does it make? I'm expecting yet another boring England game... probably 0-0, maybe 1-1, but definately a draw.
sm_rat
sm_rat
09:41 Tue 20 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
England will play the worst game of their life, but manage to win 1-0 by a goalkeeping error in the 95th minute...

Give you odds of 350/1 for that scenario!

Thats how confident i am
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:57 Tue 20 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
If England lose it would be a great wake up call for them.

England were lucky to get pass the group stage in the World Cup.

I think England will win it though 2-0
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:51 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think 3-0

(Note how he doesn't say to which team.........)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:09 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
shouldnt have left it to last game to get a result, but come on england lets av it! (Carson in net o dear???)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:54 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
presh_86 said:
shouldnt have left it to last game to get a result, but come on england lets av it! (Carson in net o dear???)

About time they got rid of Robinson. Should give him a wakeup call, remind him that his place isn't guaranteed, which of course it shouldn't be since he's completely off form.

Time to start thinking about a replacement for Beckham too. He's getting on, and I have a feeling he could retire from international football after this tournament, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Out with the old and all that.

One thing I am still bothered about is the fact that bad games don't change McLaren's opinion on people. I've seen some really poor football from Frank Lampard, but he still seems to play every game (with the exception of the last one...I think).

Definitely backing England anyway, and any Englishman who isn't ought to be ashamed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:07 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
yea suppose your right with robinson, but prefer james, doesnt have has many clamaties these days lol and got an awesome throw. Beckham will get 100 caps then retire me thinks. Barry has done miels better than lampard lately but both playin 2nite see wot happens
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:19 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
sm_rat said:
England will play the worst game of their life, but manage to win 1-0 by a goalkeeping error in the 95th minute...

Give you odds of 350/1 for that scenario!

Thats how confident i am

if your really confident that will happen then why give odds of 350 to 1 lmao
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:19 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
double post

Edited at 19:19 Wed 21/11/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:01 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
2 - 0 croatia

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:01 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just the start we were looking for! Feel sorry for Carson though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:32 Wed 21 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I bet England still qualify. Would just be like the thing for Andorra to get them out of jail. Mcclaren still has to go his tactics for this game are totally wrong.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

England V Croatia

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.