Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:39 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Several sources all announced today that Chris Beniot, 40, who had to miss his ECW title match last night due to a family emergency, was found dead today along with his wife Nancy (former WCW star Woman) and son Daniel, 7.

(Edit - Chris Beniot's other child, by a former partner, is alive and well)

Tonights RAW will be a memorial show.

The comedeic "Mr MacMahon Death" angle has been completely scrapped.

RIP Chris. Thanks for the memories.

Edited at 00:15 Tue 26/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:55 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
thats sad if its true. but do u mean that macmahin is coming back alive?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
another thing, it would be all over the news would'nt it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:58 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Omg no!

Omg, that sucks.
A true legend...he will never be forgotten.
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:06 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
matty12 said:
thats sad if its true. but do u mean that macmahin is coming back alive?

The origional plan for tonights show was to emphasise that it was only the TV charater Mr MacMahon who "died". (Due to the stunning amount of wally's who didnt realise it was a storyline)

This is, however, 100% real.

Such unfortunate timing for WWE, they are going to have a lot of confused fans tonight if they dont have Vince make it very very clear what has happened.

Hard to believe only a few years ago Eddie and Chris were centre stage as champions at Wrestlemania.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
19:10 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Wow, what a shock. Im sure we'll get a clearer picture to things in the next few days.

Suppose Mr Mcmahon will be on raw tonight to clarify all. The writers are gonna be busy just now.

Yep Chris Benoit will be sorely missed by all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:11 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i know its mad! and that is so bad, his family murderd

ive only just got back into wrestiling and im about to start watching raw again, so ill be up waitng for this.

Edited at 00:12 Tue 26/06/07 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:14 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Vince simply HAS to appear tonight, or all the fans who dont keep bang up to date will assume that the ten bell salute is for "Mr McMahon".

Other than the announcement, i expect tonight will just be matches between friends, and interviews, like the other all to frequent tribute shows.

All reports say its being investigated. Given the rocky past and Chris having to go home from an almost certain ECW title win to a "family emergency" dont look good.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:17 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
we'll just have to wait i suppose, i mean there is still hope he and his family are alive right? i mean it hasnt been confirmed.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
19:19 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Well it says somewhere they were found by police + there has been official announcements so i think theres not much doubt...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:54 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
OMG im in absoulte shock i cant believe it

what a great wrestler and also a fantasitic man

R.I.P benoit

you will be missed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:03 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just started to watch raw on skysports, came on live with stadium with no fans and vince mcmahon saying hes scrapped his storyline and a three hour tribute has been put in place.

R.I.P Chirs benoit and family, my prayers are with you.
spinner
spinner
Admin
20:05 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Very well done by WWE and Vince.

Tonight will be special, but so unnecesary. Looks like their going to use parts of the recent documentary to tie it together.

R.I.P Indeed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:12 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
R.I.P

this sounds very bad especially the way it seems to have happend.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:21 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
just wondering, could this have anything to do with gurrero? he died last year and they were very close wernt they? im not a huge wrestling fan so sorry if this is way off, but with his wife and kid also found dead, then you have to say this is very very suspicious.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:54 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
wat made that multi billionare vince to do such a stunt for fame and narrowly escape death
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:25 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Investigators believe Benoit killed his family before committing suicide.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=184841074
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:36 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
RIP Both Wife and Son, i hope that pig goes to some place not so great. Yet another example of what the pressure of drugs/steriods and overload of work have on the human psychology. Very sad indeed. Maybe this will prompt more investigation into wrestlers lifestyle?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:44 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
WOW! I remember watching a match between him and Edge. Great match. Sad news and wish the family all the best.
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:28 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Truely unfortunate timing. WWE had barely finished a 3 hour tribute show using much of the documentary footage which has always shown him as such a family man and they have to change the headlines to reflect what he turn into.

Very true John. Its interesting to note the positive changes in those (Angle comes immediately to mind) who moved to work for TNA with only 3 nights a month, as opposed to everynight with WWE.

Nancy's behavior is well known, so the reasons for him snapping will be no surprise. the fact he did, however, is.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Chris Benoit Dead

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.