Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:02 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
pooliver said:
The English fans were amazing all the way through and even when he lost they were still behind him all the way.

Are you serious?

I wouldnt consider any "fans" that boo and jeer another country's national anthem as amazing. I thought it was disgusting, especially as the fight was in the states aswell.

All Hatton had were drunken yobs that were a disgrace to anything English.. Vocal support was superb i have to admit.

I was so disappointed for Hatton last night, he is still champ in my eyes!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:09 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not seen the fight yet, however he'll always be the people's champ!

I agree with what ul_son has said though, I hate it when Fans boo national anthems, it's discraceful! Don't get that in Rugby!!
spinner
spinner
Admin
08:15 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just watched the fight and i agree with ul_son, the behavior of the more vocal of Hattons "fans" was pathetic.

Such a shame as he has had such a positive image leading up to this.

Great fight, shame about the result but i suspect the experience may make Hatton a better fighter in years to come.

I'll defintely be watching the rematch live
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:27 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
was a good fight hatton was unlucky but mayweather was amazing he could have went to the 12th easy hatton was punch drunk by the end!
BTW why was tom jones singing the english national anthem? thats abit stupid!
alex19933
alex19933
11:31 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont know how mayweathers ego could fit in the ring with all this "im the best since Ali"
linzi86
linzi86
16:01 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I thought Hatton did us proud n I thought the support he had was great even tho he lost.

Ref was terrible was shoutin at the tele with kim thru most of it lol

Hope theres a rematch n the Hitman dnt retire yet
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
44 wins 1 loss is still a pretty good record lol. Hatton was outclassed but think the ref could have been a bit more leaniant hatton couldnt get near.
cityfan84
cityfan84
13:30 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
aussieboy said:
lol was a goodfite

I don't know what i was watching cause what i saw was a poor fight. Clazaghe vs jeff lacy was a good fight
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:38 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:
aussieboy said:
lol was a goodfite

I don't know what i was watching cause what i saw was a poor fight. Clazaghe vs jeff lacy was a good fight

From everything I've heard and read the ref done his best to make sure it wasn't a good fight! Or so Mayweather had the better chance, maybe Mayweather should come box him over here with a European ref!
misterchyme
misterchyme
13:39 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i didnt know they used refs in europe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:42 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Funny you should say that Steven. In the early 1900s the ref use to be sat outside the ring and just et the fight take its course.....I think Hatton would win under these rules......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bring Mayweather to britain!!!, The ref was a disgrace everytime hatton got some momentom going he was pulled away, People say that even if the ref wasn't the way he was he would of still been knocked out in the 10th like he was, But the way i see it is if he hadn't of been the way he was hatton would of KO'd him, As you saw when he was allowed to fight his fight (when he nearly put mayweather on his butt)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I thimk the ref was poor but mayweather proved how gd a fighter he is.i would love to say ricky could have done it if the ref was a bit better but no one expected mayweather to fight as well as he did on the inside and thats the only way ricky would have won anyway. he give it a good go but on the night he was beaten by the better fighter. unlucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
cityfan84 said:
aussieboy said:
lol was a goodfite

it was a good performance by joe and it was gd to watch but it wasnt a good fight.

for it to be a fight the other guy has to hit back.

But i agree it was much better to watch.
topshot
topshot
21:01 Wed 12 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
If they were to fight ten times mayweather would win each time, he,s in a different league to hatton unfortunatly.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Hatton King! Mayweather retire? :-P

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.