Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

clooneman
clooneman
Admin
15:32 Wed 7 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm in

Right, forget that line. The original thread name was San Marino 1-1 Rep of Ireland... till THAT late goal. Was gonna say I'm in shock.

Your thoughts, folks?
stevo15
stevo15
15:55 Wed 7 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I love it how Stephen Ireland scored the winner

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:56 Thu 8 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I almost feel proud to be English!

topshot
topshot
04:14 Thu 8 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
right excuses first.they put there whole team in there box defending,pitch was terrible,didnt take the chances we should have hit post,given wouldnt have let there shambolick goal in if he was playing,on the other hand wasnt near good enough,played few young players who didnt get stuck in.Whole team basicly played bad,all we can do is put it down to a bad day on the day and get resorted for wales and slovakia,got the points though main thing
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
13:15 Thu 8 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
stevo15 said:
I love it how Stephen Ireland scored the winner

I love it how there was a winner!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:01 Tue 13 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
I almost feel proud to be English!

lmao 1_eye
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:10 Tue 13 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think evry one is missing the real issue here, the improvement of san marino, they lost 13-0 a couple of months ago and now the defend well played with grit and determination, fought hard and played in the only way a small team can, men behind the ball and counter attack, a nation with no profesionals against one of the top 25 teams in the world deserve our congratulations, if only england could play with as much pride
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
21:28 Wed 14 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Interesting point... although Liechtenstein have been playing the same way too and with greater success, e.g. a 4-0 over Luxembourg and... tourny invite, later......
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
21:39 Wed 14 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ya... as I was saying, L'stein are a little better than San Marino (even though L'stein are the only team ever to lose to San Marino!) so in some ways our 0-0 draw with L'stein (and we ain't the last) is worse than out performance against SM.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:54 Thu 15 Feb 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
well not realy as lietchenstein are a team with 5 or six pros theyve got mario frick playing for sienna evry week and peter jehle at boavista so there not atrocious there easily better than luxembourg and san marino they jsut messed up in that game afterall a cpl o months later they drew 2-2 with portugal, if ur into this sort of football id recomend a book called stamping grounds by charlie connely
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

San Marino 1-2 Rep of Ireland

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.