Beckham to leave madrid

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:28 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
David Beckham will leave Real Madrid in the summer, according to the club's sporting director Predrag Mijatovic.
"Beckham will leave us, we will not renew his contract with the club," he told Sky Italia television.

The 31-year-old, whose current deal expires in June, has been linked with a host of clubs from England, Italy, Spain, France and the United States.

Beckham has found his opportunities limited for Real this season under coach Fabio Capello.

The player's spokesman Simon Oliveira said he was surprised by the news after telling this website last week that a new two-year deal had been put on the table.

Oliveira said: "Nobody has said anything to us. As far as we're concerned, the offer is still there and a meeting is due this week."

Edited at 14:56 Wed 10/01/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:26 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
WOW! Maybe a return to Man utd!
cool_dude
cool_dude
09:28 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ferguson would never take him back. He's argueably half the player that he used to be at united now anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:46 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Probley go to Chelsea!

He's got a wise head on him now and still has a good right foot, i think he will be an asset to any team!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:57 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol

he is past it

he aint that good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:07 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
weehammi said:
lol

he is past it

he aint that good

We shall see!

It annoys me because people judge him by the way he is off the pitch, he's done England a great service!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:23 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol yeah yeah

hes is terrible he lost his touch when he left man u mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:38 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
its pretty likely hes going to end up playing in america for the L.A galaxy, theyve shown the most interest in him, although the MLS has a salary cap its under discussion so they can atract bigger name players, cos at the minute landon donovans the bigest name theyv got
martin_blank
martin_blank
11:21 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think you may well be right ison, especially as he has that soccer academy out there.

But he also said that he wanted to stay in Madrid from a family point of view, and Athletico Madrid have shown some interest.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:25 Wed 10 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
the guy is a genius, yea he has lost some of his skiil but, why?..... because he harldy get's played as much as he did at united, he was guarenteed first spot place unless injured, he has also been dropped from the england squad, NOT because he has lost it but, MCclaren thought he'd TRY prove were just as good without him but it's proven not to be so i say get him back!!

he will move to an english club or go to athletico madrid i think hopefuly will return to united, i belive david and alex have kissed and made up so who know's...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:45 Thu 11 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
just heard, the MLS have brought in a new rule allowing one player to be paid outside the salary cap, so money wont be an issue with going to L.A, also i think posh would be quite keen on the move out there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:14 Thu 11 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Man Utd fan all his life.. I can gauurantee that he doesnt ever play for a team in england..except United

and why would he? hes played for the best.

Man Utd fans would welcome him back if Fergie wanted him, ive had this discussion many times over the last 6 months when ive been at the games with other fans (as i got season ticket ;))

Edited at 14:14 Thu 11/01/07 (GMT)
cool_dude
cool_dude
09:08 Thu 11 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
He's gone to LA Galaxy. Good signing for there team but maybe a step down for his career.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Thu 11 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
its the dignified way for him to go. rather than festering as a washed up winger on the bench of a sub par european team, he'll be playing evry game in an environment that suits him. oh and hes on riduculus money
cool_dude
cool_dude
12:04 Thu 11 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
just less than £500,000 a week, thats ridiculous and he says he hasn't gone for the money!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:16 Fri 12 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
he is still the best ded ball kicker in the world no question bout it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Fri 12 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
funky_ryan said:
he is still the best ded ball kicker in the world no question bout it

erm... Juninho?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post